1 hour ago, Scosha said:

Taylor-Sinclair literally headbutted Crawford making no attempt to play the ball, how he never received a red for it I’ll never know. He ended up doing Oakley later in the game too, c*nt. 

Crawford was also on the end of a heavy challenge towards the game and was noticeably limping around. We were out of subs so respect to him for playing through the pain barrier but I fear it may have made things worse long-term. 

Certainly it was closer to the home side so your view was better than mine. However I wonder if the crowding of the Ref by Morton players , made it look worse. It didn't prevent the player continuing so maybe a yellow was about right. 

I've not seen any Oakley incident later so hard to comment much as the Ref appeared to see no incident in the Mullen/ McGregor situation.

The challenge on him was not particularly heavy, and I accept that Crawford may have done as you say but we've all seen miracle recoveries in the modern game. 

I actually enjoyed the game and it certainly wasn't dull

50 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Certainly it was closer to the home side so your view was better than mine. However I wonder if the crowding of the Ref by Morton players , made it look worse. It didn't prevent the player continuing so maybe a yellow was about right. 

I've not seen any Oakley incident later so hard to comment much as the Ref appeared to see no incident in the Mullen/ McGregor situation.

The challenge on him was not particularly heavy, and I accept that Crawford may have done as you say but we've all seen miracle recoveries in the modern game. 

The morton players gathering around the referee didn't make the challenge look worse. It was a horrific challenge and very late. Cant say for certain bit o woukdnt be surprised of it was pre- meditated and Airdrie's way of statimg their intent for the game. I'm surprised Crawford continued and escaped without a serious head injury. Taylor Sinclair should have walked but the referee was so incompetent he allowed the player to stay on the pitch. 

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

They didn't crowd the ref from my viewpoint. It looked like they crowded Crawford to protect him

The worst one for me today was the ref and linesman both missing the right back throwing a couple of punches… 

the head clash was similar to the incident at the Hibs Celtic game a dew weeks back, but much more forceful. He then committed about another 6 fouls while on a yellow to the point the ref reached for his pocket to book him then shat out it…

Airdrie’s gameplan seemed that they were trying to kick everything and anything for first 20-25 mins and Ref failed to protect the players.  Taylor Sinclair looked like he shit himself when Oakley confronted him before he went off.

Fair fucks to Airdrie for trying to have a go at the hardest team in the league. Every other teams manager uses the physical morton as a go to retort but can't figure out how to play against it. Airdrie at least tried.

3 hours ago, Aufc said:

The two of them are well known to be arseholes. Dealing gear etc. 

I'm sure we all look forward to you publishing your 'well known' cast-iron, legally-proven, documented truth on here, so that we can all arrive at a valid and informed judgement.

If you can't do that = STFU and GYTF.

You have yourself a nice evening, now.

5 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

We're all biased when it comes to judging fouls etc but I didn't think the game was that rough. I'd need to see the Taylor Sinclair challenge on screen before seeing it as a red. Find it hard to see us , or Morton as dirty players this season in previous games.

I don't think it was too bad either but there was a niggle throughout the game with both teams (and players) going at each other over not that much. Taylor Sinclair's challenge was a reckless booking but there was enough force behind it too that the home crowd anger was at least understandable. The second goal looked miles offside, but we should have wrapped the game up with either the header off the bar or the shot cleared off the line in the second. 

Think Airdrie really struggled with Oakley's presence but that's the same for most teams when he's in this mood. Airdrie were patient with the ball but our defensive shape and work rate countered that until the subs and injuries weakened us in the closing stages - especially Waters who was really poor at left back.

Airdrie looked to be weakened more by the injuries and subs early in the second half but the replacements did well to fit into your team instead of getting bodied, which looked a real possibility after 15 and then at 50-55 minutes of the game.

Edited by vikingTON

23 minutes ago, virginton said:

I don't think it was too bad either but there was a niggle throughout the game with both teams (and players) going at each other over not that much. Taylor Sinclair's challenge was a reckless booking but there was enough force behind it too that the home crowd anger was at least understandable. The second goal looked miles offside, but we should have wrapped the game up with either the header off the bar or the shot cleared off the line in the second. 

Think Airdrie really struggled with Oakley's presence but that's the same for most teams when he's in this mood. Airdrie were patient with the ball but our defensive shape and work rate countered that until the subs and injuries weakened us in the closing stages - especially Waters who was really poor at left back.

Airdrie looked to be weakened more by the injuries and subs early in the second half but the replacements did well to fit into your team instead of getting bodied, which looked a real possibility after 15 and then at 50-55 minutes of the game.

Morton are on good form and confidence is clearly high,  I felt the Airdrie set up suited Morton we played so slowly and negatively in the first half and Morton to be fair won the battles and Oakley bossed our defence (all game to be fair)  good header and move for the first, but Airdries lack of commitment was clearly evident in that early spell,   we just couldn't get going with Todorov hopelessly exposed up top ,   we hung in the game after that and used up our full quota of subs for once,   we didnt really play any better just more direct with Morton sitting back defending a 2 goal lead ..    we could have snatched a point late on, but to. be honest we deserved nothing, and since the hype of the cup ties we haven't kicked our own arse,  we need to pick up points from somewhere soon or we will be in big trouble...

A lot are moaning about the niggly fouls , off the ball stuff, to me that is Championship football and at this stage of the season you have to mix it,  no point moaning about it..  we were second best surprisingly at that part of the game also.  To be fair you rarely get that in League 1.

5 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

For all the complaining, the 2nd goal is comfortably onside. ATS plays him on in the middle.

Us losing goals from failed offside traps has been a theme of ours in recent weeks. Need to be better drilled in that area.

I was sure he was offside. Hoping the highlight clear this up

11 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

The morton players gathering around the referee didn't make the challenge look worse. It was a horrific challenge and very late. Cant say for certain bit o woukdnt be surprised of it was pre- meditated and Airdrie's way of statimg their intent for the game. I'm surprised Crawford continued and escaped without a serious head injury. Taylor Sinclair should have walked but the referee was so incompetent he allowed the player to stay on the pitch. 

" can't be certain...... premeditated"

I can understand all the views on the foul but I think you've taken that a wee bit too far. 

Obviously would like to see it back again but from where I was at the front of the Cowshed the Taylor Sinclair challenge in first half was a yellow for me. If someone wants to argue that due to things like excessive force, recklessness or endangering an opponent makes it warrant a red card then I won't really argue however for me it was just a bad challenge between a taller centreback and a midget midfielder going for a header and Taylor Sinclair was late and came right through Crawford. 

Games regularly descend into scraps with frequent niggly fouls or mistimed challenges - the bookings for Todorov & Strapp yesterday respectively fall into those categories - while seeing players lead with their elbows when going for headers and accidentally catching opposing players isn't uncommon, but there was nothing accidental or just scrappy about Taylor-Sinclair yesterday. That elbow to Crawford's head was deliberate, he brought the elbow up after the ball was gone aiming for his head on purpose. It was a horrible challenge and it was not just the wrong decision but negligent of the referee to allow him to stay on the pitch to do more damage, as shown by him later deliberately elbowing Oakley into an injury too.

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

Obviously would like to see it back again but from where I was at the front of the Cowshed the Taylor Sinclair challenge in first half was a yellow for me. If someone wants to argue that due to things like excessive force, recklessness or endangering an opponent makes it warrant a red card then I won't really argue however for me it was just a bad challenge between a taller centreback and a midget midfielder going for a header and Taylor Sinclair was late and came right through Crawford. 

That’s how I saw from my view across the park. Looked a bad 50/50 but accepted some fans were closer and wanted to see it back. Appreciate they may decide not to show it though, and glad your player recovered. Draw at the line at suggestion further up that it was premeditated. That’s just taking it too far. 

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

" can't be certain...... premeditated"

I can understand all the views on the foul but I think you've taken that a wee bit too far. 

And you're welcome to your opinion 👍