In previous years, a Morton team up 2-0 at home with the chance to move into a beautiful position in the league might have fumbled such an opportunity, beginning a calamitous end to the season.

We’ve seen that sort of thing before, so I found that more nervy than I ought to have, but delighted now to have won.

Just now, Aufc said:

Why are Morton fans so bothered about airdrie? Bizarre. Surely it’s not from the betting season? 

Maybe because their team set out to assault our players from the first whistle and got away with it for the 90 mins. 

3 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Why are Morton fans so bothered about airdrie? Bizarre. Surely it’s not from the betting season? 

potentially 2 of our best players out for Tuesdays game with injuries resulting from your hatchet men assaulting them don’t forget 1 a those hatchet men should’ve seen a straight red first half 

56 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Big bad physical Morton clogged off the park again. Airdrie are dirty b*****ds but we've stuck a dagger into them all the same. 

In fairness Morton didn't exactly show much hospitality to Lewis McGregor.

Once again a very frustrating performance away from home. Far too soft in the opening half hour, concede an early goal (or two in this case) and by that point the game is done. I thought Morton were very impressive in the first half, they have a real identity in the way they press from the front aggressively, move the ball quickly and always have players on the move when they win possession. I’ve liked Oakley for a while but he bullied our entire defence today, he uses his size so much better than Todorov. 

The referee and cowshed side linesmen were absolutely useless all game for both teams. I didn’t think there was too much in the ATS challenge early on so will need to see a replay of that but the Morton fans seem evident he should’ve seen red. After that we had Garrity being at least a couple of yards offside for his goal, I think Airdrie should have had at least a free-kick when Mullen flattened McGregor and then the linesman completely missed what looked like Megwa hitting Waters near the end. 

Edited by Mr November

I've no issue with how airdrie played against us. Teams know when they come to cappielow now that they need to stand up to the physical battle first before they do anything and airdrie tried to do that despite being more known for their on the ball ability. Did they go too far a couple of times? Sure but we are no shrinking violets either. 

It was one of those games where the referee turns the game in to something it's not with baffling decisions all round that gets both sets of players and fans frustrated and angry and it threatens to bubble over. If the referee had managed that game better then half the tackles that went in from both teams wouldn't have happened. 

For some reason we ended up making heavy weather of that. Well in command in the first half and come out in the 2nd and nearly make it 3 when Jai rattled the underside of the bar the Rae beaten.

With O'Connor and Strapp on yellows Dougie decides to take them off along with Power and Oakley then goes off injured, we suddenly seemed under pressure. 

Airdrie pull one back and we seemed up against it with players looking as if they were tiring, which is a bit strange. 

The ref then decides to play what seemed like a 10 minute injury time. 

I can see why Dougie was on about Garrity's fitness. You could see him cramping up from about 75 mins. By the end he could hardly walk off the park!

All in all it was a great 3 points and helps us cement out play off place at the top 

Deserved victory albeit it a hairy last 10 minutes. I don't mind Airdrie being physical and aggressive however the match officials have to do their job. Taylor Sinclair should have seen red early on as his foul on Crawford was assault. This was evened out by the referee not awarding anything for mullens foul early in the second half. 

Thought both of our goals were great and could have had another couple with quitongo hitting the bar, one being cleared off the line....

Airdrie fans giving Quitongo a hard time for documented past events are  scum.

Another 3 points and onwards to Raith.

Important win but could be costly given the number of players who went off with knocks or injuries, plus a few looked dead on their feet. Good start from us - Quitongo’s cross was a beauty and the second was a lovely finish from Garrity. Referee lost control of the game at a very early stage. Insignificant fouls were punished and some scything ones were ignored. Thought Airdrie had a decent penalty claim towards the end of the half.

The injury time was spot on I thought. We didn’t start the 2nd half until after five past four. Game should have been put to bed before that nervy finish.

Tuesday will be a big ask. I’d take a point now if offered.

2 hours ago, Mingus2000 said:

Much venom for a “little nothing club”. Morton deserved the win. We were pish. Enjoy the celebrations. Another few hours before you need to load the dishwasher in Wetherspoons.

Dishwashers are for lazy bast**ds, you’ll find them complimentary in every midden in Airdrie.

Nearly there though with that straw clutch you call patter. Off you pop.

image.gif.307ec59e95d2b3c3fda18535c01ff895.gif

1 hour ago, Scosha said:

Maybe because their team set out to assault our players from the first whistle and got away with it for the 90 mins. 

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

potentially 2 of our best players out for Tuesdays game with injuries resulting from your hatchet men assaulting them don’t forget 1 a those hatchet men should’ve seen a straight red first half 

Strange that as we are not exactly an overly physical team. Perhaps playing to the expected opposition. 

51 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Deserved victory albeit it a hairy last 10 minutes. I don't mind Airdrie being physical and aggressive however the match officials have to do their job. Taylor Sinclair should have seen red early on as his foul on Crawford was assault. This was evened out by the referee not awarding anything for mullens foul early in the second half. 

Thought both of our goals were great and could have had another couple with quitongo hitting the bar, one being cleared off the line....

Airdrie fans giving Quitongo a hard time for documented past events are  scum.

Another 3 points and onwards to Raith.

The whole quitongo thing frustrates me. The brother made an allegation. Everyone around at the time said they didn’t hear anything. No one was ever charged. Nothing ever came of it. So you can understand why airdrie fans would be frustrated by it all. The two of them are well known to be arseholes. Dealing gear etc. 

16 minutes ago, Aufc said:

The whole quitongo thing frustrates me. The brother made an allegation. Everyone around at the time said they didn’t hear anything. No one was ever charged. Nothing ever came of it. So you can understand why airdrie fans would be frustrated by it all. The two of them are well known to be arseholes. Dealing gear etc. 

I don’t know why some Airdrie fans let him live rent free in their heads. Ignore him, move on. The judgement was enough for me. Every single claim thrown out. 

Edited by She who dares gins

We're all biased when it comes to judging fouls etc but I didn't think the game was that rough. I'd need to see the Taylor Sinclair challenge on screen before seeing it as a red. Find it hard to see us , or Morton as dirty players this season in previous games.

The second goal looked well offside but that let Morton dominate the game and should have got a third. Right up until the substitutions Airdrie offered little threat until the ponderous Toddy toddled off. Might have unjustly sneaked a draw in those extra minutes.

The referee was poor throughout but it was funny to see , Crawford I think, being apparently pole axed , only to reappear in seconds with a quick counter attack. 

Morton are now a much better team than us and Rhys needs to somehow restore some credibility and structure to our squad. 

Enjoyed the dry seat in the stand.

1 minute ago, She who dares gins said:

I don’t know why Airdrie fans let him live rent free in their heads. Ignore him, move on. The judgement was enough for me. 

I also don't get why some of our fans still get so irate over this . I'm sure someone was demanding a yellow card when he was smiling at a corner. Ignore him. 

1 minute ago, Chapelhall chap said:

The referee was poor throughout but it was funny to see , Crawford I think, being apparently pole axed , only to reappear in seconds with a quick counter attack. 

Morton are now a much better team than us and Rhys needs to somehow restore some credibility and structure to our squad. 

Enjoyed the dry seat in the stand.

Taylor-Sinclair literally headbutted Crawford making no attempt to play the ball, how he never received a red for it I’ll never know. He ended up doing Oakley later in the game too, c*nt. 

Crawford was also on the end of a heavy challenge towards the game and was noticeably limping around. We were out of subs so respect to him for playing through the pain barrier but I fear it may have made things worse long-term. 

12 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

I don’t know why some Airdrie fans let him live rent free in their heads. Ignore him, move on. The judgement was enough for me. Every single claim thrown out. 

That is true. Probably his social media posts after it. However, as you say, time to move on