4 hours ago, Passionate said:

Very tricky game coming up, we cannot afford another 3 points to disappear with a trip midweek to Tannadice looming.

Hopefully and to be honest I expect Fordyce to be back at CB alongside Watson,  I can see McCabe sitting this one out, a bench job for him and Megwa probably.   Back 4 of Ballantyne, Watson, Fordyce and Hancock..      McMaster sitting, with Frizzell, Lyall and Telfer in front of him, with McGregor and Todorov up front,     in all honesty I would take a draw of offered..

With Ballantyne just back from injury and a load of games coming up, I can see Megwa replacing him although I wouldn't be surprised if we change shape if Fordyce doesn't make it.

10 hours ago, Ferguson said:

Expecting a couple of changes tomorrow with the run of games coming up, most likely Quitongo/McGrattan/Garritty and Gillespie in. 

I'd be extremely surprised if rotation changes were made at all at the beginning of this run of fixtures. And in terms of consolidating a play-off position, this game (and Inverness next weekend) are objectively the two most important in the run. 

10 hours ago, Ferguson said:

Expecting a couple of changes tomorrow with the run of games coming up, most likely Quitongo/McGrattan/Garritty and Gillespie in. Against Airdrie this season we've matched them but missed someone who can take players on and make things happen, either of they 3 and possibly even Bearne could be the difference. Got to be Garritty for me.

Can't see sweeping changes tomorrow or indeed any changes that aren't forced. The team has been on a great run recently and I can't see Dougie wanting to experiment in such an important game.

Would be amazed if its not the same starting 11 as we've seen for weeks now. Absolute no need to change it.

Would also expect the same starting 11 on Tues night unless we pick up injuries.

Having the ability to change half the outfield team now is massive, no need to make wholesale changes, even with 4 games in 11 days, just use the subs well.

Edit- just heard the pre match and sounds like we will be forced into 1 or 2 changes due to knocks.

Edited by madton

Huge opportunity for us, even more so after Partick's hilarious result. Haven't been impressed with Airdrie's performances in either of the matches at Cappielow this season but their results have been much better than most expected so full credit to them. We owe them after that cup game which we really should've won comfortably. Imrie saying we're missing one or two so a lot will depend on who it is that's unavailable. As long as it's not Mullen, Oakley, Wilson, French or Crawford missing then I'm expecting a win and a clean sheet. 

Totally get why Morton fans are confident given their recent form and the law of averages suggest it might be there turn to beat us, but they also suggest that their long unbeaten run will come to an end soon.

I will be optimistic if Fordyce is playing and pessimistic if he's not, as was proven last week.

One for Morton fans. Iain Wilson was a player I admired and thought he was a tremendous signing for QOS last season in league 1  but had a terrible season and now he seems back to the player he was the previous year. I'm aware he did have a couple of injuries and I suppose it's difficult to play on QOS's shite playing surface but why the massive turn around?

Wilson got off to a shaky start and I think it's fair to say that if you looked back at posts from the start of the season, most people would have been critical of the signing and his performances. But he's turned into a hard working and dependable player, and it's difficult to fault his effort.

Not the team I'd have picked under any circumstances, assume we'll be a back 3 with Hancock central and wing backs. McCabe clearly expecting a very physical game with the Fordyce and ATS pairing.

Screenshot_20240224-141146.png

Edited by cb_diamond

1 minute ago, cb_diamond said:

Not the team I'd have picked under any circumstances, assume we'll be a back 3 with wing backs. McCabe clearly expecting a very physical game with the Fordyce and ATS pairing.

Screenshot_20240224-141146.png

A 3-4-2-1 formation perhaps with Frizz & Lyall behind Todorov.

2 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

Totally get why Morton fans are confident given their recent form and the law of averages suggest it might be there turn to beat us, but they also suggest that their long unbeaten run will come to an end soon.

I will be optimistic if Fordyce is playing and pessimistic if he's not, as was proven last week.

One for Morton fans. Iain Wilson was a player I admired and thought he was a tremendous signing for QOS last season in league 1  but had a terrible season and now he seems back to the player he was the previous year. I'm aware he did have a couple of injuries and I suppose it's difficult to play on QOS's shite playing surface but why the massive turn around?

Now that Fordyce is playing and a couple of big players missing for Morton, I'm now more optimistic but would still rather have the Manager playing in place of McMaster even though he's been pretty good recently.

28 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

20240224_140329.thumb.jpg.c1cfc1234cabb0f4e7f587f5e23456d1.jpg

Wilson and Muirhead injured then.

Wilson is a massive loss, but that's hopefully manageable with the workrate we'll get from the wings.

Dougie said that a couple of players were carrying 'little knocks' and that he needed to be very careful about team selections with 4 games coming up inside 10 days. I'm guessing that he's picked the above as the most sensible starting XI given all of that. It's great for us to have strength in depth though. The reduction in our squad injury horrors at the beginning of the season is probably the single most important factor in our current run of success IMO.