Can't be any duller than the previous 3 games between us.

This games quietly become a 6 pointer for us, a win has us hot on the heels of Partick in 3rd, anything else has us still in the driving seat in a battle for 4th. 

11 minutes ago, Ferguson said:

Can't be any duller than the previous 3 games between us.

This games quietly become a 6 pointer for us, a win has us hot on the heels of Partick in 3rd, anything else has us still in the driving seat in a battle for 4th. 

Not sure two different positive outcomes quite qualifies the game as a six pointer but I get the gist of what you're saying.

We need to pick something up from this or we're going to end up in the mix at the wrong end.

Hopefully Fordyce is back for this, if not I’d be tempted to bring ATS back in as I don’t fancy a combination of Watson and McCabe against Oakley. We have a good record of bouncing back from defensive disasters under McCabe, if another boring game here gives us a point then I’d be happy enough with that.

A change in direction from the Airdrie support,  we looked in a decent place for a few weeks,  the gap over our rivals at the bottom has closed quicker than expected, Ayr and QP reeping the rewards of change..  it is going to be a dogfight till the end of the season,  defeat against Morton and promotion playoffs are gone and relegation playoffs becoming ever closer,  The Ayr game in many ways was a disaster, you cannot give teams round about you 9 points that will come back to haunt you..

Saturday against an in form Morton,  if we go in with McCabe at CB, it will be a long afternoon,  he cannot keep Oakley and Muirhead at bay IMO, hopefully Watson and Fordyce atCB,  if not get ATS dusted down, he is still a good player and the tight park will suit him due to his lack of pace. 

Philosophies are great when you are getting results,   do we have the minerals to grind out a result away from home,  we need to find it.....

In theory the combination of a tight pitch, Airdries desire to pass the ball about playing out from the back & our high energy pressing should favour Morton, but it hasn't worked out that way so far this season. 

This great run we are on has to end some time, but then again so does our poor run against Airdrie.  Last weeks result aside, they are in really good form too and have only picked up 1 point less than us from the past 5 games so I expect it to be a close one. 

The league defeat at home & them knocking us out the challenge cup both came at a time when we were down at the bottom of the league & they were up amongst the playoff positions, so I would like to think that we will be able to take all 3 points this time round.  But this is Morton we are talking about so you just never know

Edited by Vril

More pressure on Airdrie for this game. A defeat puts them into the relegation playoff's pack. A win for Morton and we're on our way to cementing a promotion playoff's place.

All to play for....  

I have to say that I've never had any idea how anyone (Rhys McCabe) can manage a club at the same time as being a player. It must be such hard work. That said, he seems to be doing a solid job and he mostly has the team playing decent fitba. Despite the result, I thought that there was no shame in Airdrie's performance against Hearts - they were simply outclassed by a better set of players from a higher division who scored some absolute stoaters along the way. That said, if they play the same game and we get right in their faces from the get-go (as we often do) I honestly don't see how their back four are going to deal with it. One of the things Dougie Imrie does exceptionally well is to scope out our opposition and put a specific gameplan in place to capitalise on any weaknesses he sees, whilst simultaneously putting tactics in place aimed at stifling any real strengths. Our current league position demands that we put some points distance between Airdrie and ourselves, whilst continuing to snap at Partick's heels waiting for them to slip up. A crucial game for both teams for sure.

Similar to a few weeks ago against Dunfermline I think we owe Airdrie here as they've had our number for the majority for the 3 games so far.  That said it's not going to be an easy game. Airdrie play very good football and have players that can hurt opposing teams. We've succeeded in making Cappielow a fortress again and should be looking to win this. Morton win by the odd goal

Ticket bought for the Wee Dublin end and hope the weather is bearable, but I'll come prepared for the four seasons.

Morton are bound to have worked out how to get the win by just playing their usual hard working and thoughtful approach.

I worry if Fordyce is unfit and we'll need to be a bit more pragmatic in our play it out style. Suspect Josh Rae will rarely venture out his box . 

I'd be happy with a point and a more composed defence than last week , given our upcoming fixtures. 

All our games so far have being a bit meh so not expecting a classic but would take any sort of win here and make it very difficult for Airdrie to catch us.

Need to be confident with the run we are on. We are very difficult to score against, 7 clean sheets in our last 9 league games is ridiculous and we are also scoring goals,  15 goals in our last 6. 

I know this run will come to end soon but I'd be gutted if its on Saturday. We need to win this and all but kill their playoff hopes.

Hopefully Raith take care of Ayr and we go 7 points clear of them too.

2-0.