⚫️⚪️Ayr vs Thistle🔴🟡 - Tuesday 27th February 2024

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

I don’t think we were hopeless on Friday. We were well in control until Dunfermline scored the equaliser at the end of the 1st half. We were poor in the 2nd half but the 2nd disallowed goal and Dunfermline scoring their 3rd so soon afterwards would knock the stuffing out of most teams.

Sorry but we were shocking. We jogged through the first half, didn’t even bother moving up a gear.

again as is said every week, fitness looks an issue. 

Dunfermline played poor in the first half and instead of putting the game to bed early we were arsing about like it was a training/bounce game and ultimately paid the price. The game should have been done by half time.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

With Ayrs policy of not telling us who is fit and available, we only know Dowds won’t be playing. 
If Reading and Stanger are out again, we will most likely be on the end of a thumping. Murphy was a doubt on Saturday and went off after an hour but he seemed to be moving ok. 

With Dowds being out, we need Chalmers and Murphy to be on it. We’ll either start with Willoughby, who has played about 30 minutes over 5 sub appearances and has touched the ball less that 10 times in total, or Bryden, who is capable but raw, young and inconsistent . If it’s not Willoughby then I don’t know why we brought him in or what scouting we actually did on him. 

It’ll be a narrow Ayr win or Thistle will score 4 or 5 or both. 

IMO, Bryden isn’t capable of playing the Dowds role. 

If Willoughby isn’t deemed good enough for a start, and that would be absolutely damning I would rather just play McKenzie up front and play three in behind him. 

16 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

IMO, Bryden isn’t capable of playing the Dowds role. 

Yeah, he needs chances to prove himself though and get experience, at the moment he is miles away from displacing Dowds, probably even McKenzie.  He had Muirhead rattled last season after giving him a dig when he came on. 

I prefer and expect Willoughby to play though but I can see merit in Bryden playing. 

2 hours ago, BigMadMental said:

Sorry but we were shocking. We jogged through the first half, didn’t even bother moving up a gear.

again as is said every week, fitness looks an issue. 

Dunfermline played poor in the first half and instead of putting the game to bed early we were arsing about like it was a training/bounce game and ultimately paid the price. The game should have been done by half time.

It’s all about opinions. You thought we were shocking the whole game. I didn’t. If the 1st disallowed goal had stood, the game might well have been done by halftime. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

I prefer and expect Willoughby to play though but I can see merit in Bryden playing. 

Unlikely I know, but a small switch from 4-2-3-1  to 4-4-2  and play Amartey up front, with NO defensive midfield duties.

Alongside McKenzie with Bryden / Willoughby off the bench.      A degree of nuisance value / awkwardness and frightening pace in attack.

Edited by D.Armour Appreciation Society
addition

56 minutes ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

Unlikely I know, but a small switch from 4-2-3-1  to 4-4-2  and play Amartey up front, with NO defensive midfield duties.

Alongside McKenzie with Bryden / Willoughby off the bench.      A degree of nuisance value / awkwardness and frightening pace in attack.

If players are fit etc, I see the team as follows:

Clarke

McAllister  Stanger  McGinty  Reading

Chalmers  Syla  Dempsey  Murphy

Willoughby  McKenzie

Subs: Albinson, Musonda, Sanders, McHugh, Smith, McGeady, Tomlinson, Amartey, Guthrie

That's our strongest defence unfortunately.  I'll be very worried if we need to start Sanders, seems a complete liability.

Edited by callum-ayr

9 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

It’s all about opinions. You thought we were shocking the whole game. I didn’t. If the 1st disallowed goal had stood, the game might well have been done by halftime. 

I don’t know why it would’ve ever stood considering it was offside? His second disallowed goal should’ve stood but not the first one. 

From what I can see none of the championship clubs are streaming this midweeks game inside the UK (or at all in some cases) so the games probably fall inside blackout regulations due to whatever other fixtures are on, and I can never be arsed to learn the blackout rules.