⚫️⚪️Ayr vs Thistle🔴🟡 - Tuesday 27th February 2024

I think given Dowds can’t play, Brown will mix it up a bit. Hopefully Stanger and Reading are back as well. 

Clarke

McAllister

Stanger

McGinty

Reading 

McHugh

Syla

Dempsey

Chalmers

Willoughby 

Murphy

O'Reilly still out and away for a scan on his calf, I have a feeling we might end up not seeing him again this season.

Lawless trained yesterday so probably a 50/50 call on whether he starts. Christ knows what'll happen in goal.

Given we have united on Saturday I'd class this as a must win. So we'll inevitably do well to get a point and tbh I'm struggling to get excited about tonight, we seem to be stumbling towards the play offs again rather than establishing ourselves as perennial title challengers 

I said before Friday before the Raith game that 4 points from our next two games would be exceptional but zero would be a pisser. It would show how far we had come and how far we had to go.

We were fine against Raith and individual errors killed us again, the players we have as back up aren’t good enough. Well, we may have more of them in the starting 11 tonight which is a concern. 

One change Thistle will notice is, they will be in for more of a fight than before, we are better organised and the players at least look like they know what they are doing. We haven’t looked like taking a doing since Bullen left.

So going up against a team that has handed us our arse on several occasions recently, it’ll be good to see how we fair. 

Had a look there and saw that Partick have opened the scoring against us inside the first 17 mins in the last 5 meetings (17, 2, 7, 16 and 14).  

If we can survive the inevitable chance created against us very early on from someone getting space behind a full back and getting a cross in then we might be OK...

I’m assuming Reading and Stanger are still out given it’s only been a few days…

Means a very slow Musonda playing against Lawless, with McMillan overlapping. If Lawless is fit of course. Not even taking into account that you have McAllister v Fitzpatrick with Milne overlapping on the other side. 

Regardless, two more days of the transfer window and we currently have zero fit left backs and one poor right back. 

24 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Helpfully, this is about 90% of our game plan. 

Disappointing to hear.   Now if you could just be like Airdrie and predictably overplay it out from the back and constantly get caught in possession that would have been grand. 

Even with our injuries in defence I'm still hoping that McCalister loses his car keys or something similar that makes him unavailable.  

2 minutes ago, El Gringo Jag said:

Can you keep score for this game also? Much appreciated as we could fo with the extra goal

It's always class when some imbecile attempts to be clever in here but only shows that they can't read.