Queens v Stirling

27 minutes ago, SA45 said:

Not much change in tactics but have been looking at the RB position the past few games and think they both haven't been at their best going forward with a lot of passes going out. I'd like to try Banner in the RB role - is that madness?  Anyway Marvin might park the bus so could be a tricky one but think we can do it.

Thanks to our roving reporter and man behind the scenes Beepee.

lineup(6).png

Yes maybe a bit of madness, wouldn't be my choice at RB for Banner... I wonder if Bird will get a start 🤔 

All depends on Jojo obviously, if he's fit Geach will probably be RB 

Only other change i could maybe see is Offord for Moore as i think Offord has a goal threat & bit more direct, especially if it's just the one Dale upfront,, after Tuesday it would be hard to drop Hilson for Carrick & i never thought I'd hear myself saying that a few weeks ago 

27 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

Yes maybe a bit of madness, wouldn't be my choice at RB for Banner... I wonder if Bird will get a start 🤔

Maybe I'm being over eager about trying to expand the RB role into an inverted midfielder and turn Banner into John Stones. Somebody shouted "get the Bird on" on Tuesday when he was warming up so he's getting closer 😀. I'm not going tomorrow so good luck Binos! 🇦🇹 🎺.

8 minutes ago, SA45 said:

Maybe I'm being over eager about trying to expand the RB role into an inverted midfielder and turn Banner into John Stones. Somebody shouted "get the Bird on" on Tuesday when he was warming up so he's getting closer 😀. I'm not going tomorrow so good luck Binos! 🇦🇹 🎺.

@SA45 i thought that was the shout for Christine to get on 🤣

It's a boring drive so close to the Annan game, hoping for a better result 

I have 2 team's in mind depending on Jojo 

Currie... Bird... McGeachie... McLean... Clark...Offord...Cooper...Leitch...Crane.. McPake....Hilson 

Currie..McGeachie...Mcgregor..McLean....Clark... Offord... Cooper.... Leitch...Crane.....McPake...Hilson

I just think Offord is a bit more direct, gives us a better goal threat than Moore.....Offord & Cooper also link up well, we can be a bit more attacking against QOS without being disrespectful 

Again selection is just my own opinion, that's why we have different ones 

Just now, Beepee67 said:

@SA45 

We can be a bit more attacking against QOS without being disrespectful 

Please, feel free to show as much disrespect as you wish.  Most of us hold our team in utter  contempt, so we cannot be offended by such stuff.

13 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Please, feel free to show as much disrespect as you wish.  Most of us hold our team in utter  contempt, so we cannot be offended by such stuff.

Yep. 
Use of the phrase “with all due respect” is also superfluous. 

2 hours ago, Slipmat said:

There are no parking wardens in Dumfries, so you're safe to park on the streets if the car parks are full (doubtful).  Residents may not be best pleased, mind.

Where will Marvin be parking the bus? 😉 6-3-1 formation?

1 hour ago, SA45 said:

Not much change in tactics but have been looking at the RB position the past few games and think they both haven't been at their best going forward with a lot of passes going out. I'd like to try Banner in the RB role - is that madness?  Anyway Marvin might park the bus so could be a tricky one but think we can do it.

lineup(6).png

If I'm not mistaken Banner started one game at right back this season and did OK.. 

A home.game early ish in the season which I'm pretty sure we won. Kelty maybe....

22 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I don't know who's the most disgruntled at present Queens with Bartley.... Accies with Rankine...or Cove with Hartley 

It's frustrating when you are on such a bad run & team selection/tactics are unrecognisable 

One thing for sure is we still love our team...the ups & downs eh 🙂🙃

15 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

If I'm not mistaken Banner started one game at right back this season and did OK.. 

A home.game early ish in the season which I'm pretty sure we won. Kelty maybe....

You're right. My first game back on the terrace.  Quite a change to our current team.

Screenshot 2024-03-01 202459.png

19 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

I don't know who's the most disgruntled at present Queens with Bartley.... Accies with Rankine...or Cove with Hartley 

It's frustrating when you are on such a bad run & team selection/tactics are unrecognisable 

One thing for sure is we still love our team...the ups & downs eh 🙂🙃

Surely us would it not be? Bartley promised our Board and the players promotion this season if they backed him, look how that’s turned out!

5 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Surely us would it not be? Bartley promised our Board and the players promotion this season if they backed him, look how that’s turned out!

He must have been looking at the table upside down while hanging from a tree, suckin canal water through the crack of his arse 🤣

Your right it must be pretty grim, i mean we are beside you but reality for us was staying up & improvement, which i think we have done ✔️ 

9 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Did he definitely say "promotion"?

I'm worried that he maybe just promised to get us out of this division.

Should be a big crowd tomorrow - saturday afternoon at 3pm, no rugby on Tv, not clashing with ice hockey, board deciding to step down, promise of hot pies and bovril what's not to like

5 hours ago, SA45 said:

lineup(6).png

It's a bit weird seeing so many players in the opposition box and so few in your own half.

Edited by Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army

As an outside looking in, Queens are a bit of a strange one this season. I would definitely be wanting Batley to GTF, but over the last ten games you're sat fourth in the league with a positive goal difference.

Obviously any realistic chance of relegation this late in the season is unacceptable for a full-time club in League 1, but your form doesn't exactly show a team whose fans should be so unrelentingly negative about their prospects on a Saturday.

20 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

As an outside looking in, Queens are a bit of a strange one this season. I would definitely be wanting Batley to GTF, but over the last ten games you're sat fourth in the league with a positive goal difference.

Obviously any realistic chance of relegation this late in the season is unacceptable for a full-time club in League 1, but your form doesn't exactly show a team whose fans should be so unrelentingly negative about their prospects on a Saturday.

That sounds misleading.  Does it include a decent December that featured 10 points out of 12 at one point?

Even then, 4th should be the least of our expectations.  Getting there over a handful of games, doesn't disguise that we're 8th in terms of all the matches played so far. 

You also need to factor in how God awful we are to watch. In January, we had back to back fixtures in which we literally failed to register a shot on target.

More recently, believe me, there is little that's misplaced about our unrelenting negativity.  We continue to have a hopeless home record, as well as the distinction of allowing Edinburgh's Youth Team a point.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Gameday arrives 🇵🇪

2nd successive away trip to Dumfries, let's hope for a better result 🙏 

Was also hoping that the weather would be a bit better, but checking the apps it looks like more rain 🌧 

Lot's of positives from Tuesday night against Accies, nice passing football, a bit more clinical upfront & i think we can take something from today,

I like the midfield set up, looked really solid in & out of possession 👍

Hoping Jojo makes it today, which will allow Geach to slot in at RB & just my own opinion I'd change Offord for Moore 

C'mon the bino's 🇵🇪 

13 hours ago, queenslad said:

Should be a big crowd tomorrow - saturday afternoon at 3pm, no rugby on Tv, not clashing with ice hockey, board deciding to step down, promise of hot pies and bovril what's not to like

Make it an even bigger crowd, take along some friends and introduce them to the delights of Bartley-ball™, a new level of 'entertainment'.

I hope they're good, and forgiving, friends!

1 hour ago, Beepee67 said:

Gameday arrives 🇵🇪

2nd successive away trip to Dumfries, let's hope for a better result 🙏 

Was also hoping that the weather would be a bit better, but checking the apps it looks like more rain 🌧 

Lot's of positives from Tuesday night against Accies, nice passing football, a bit more clinical upfront & i think we can take something from today,

I like the midfield set up, looked really solid in & out of possession 👍

Hoping Jojo makes it today, which will allow Geach to slot in at RB & just my own opinion I'd change Offord for Moore 

C'mon the bino's 🇵🇪 

Please stop inferring that a trip to Annan is a trip to Dumfries, its like me saying I'm going to Alloa when heading to Stirling. Bad enough they're close to us in the table without being too close to us geographically.

5 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Please stop inferring that a trip to Annan is a trip to Dumfries, its like me saying I'm going to Alloa when heading to Stirling. Bad enough they're close to us in the table without being too close to us geographically.

Does he not mean it'll be his second trip to Palmerston this season for successive QoS v Stirling fixtures?

If not, he should be waterboarded forthwith, with your example not even covering the extent of the offence. 

Stirling is literally half as far from Alloa as is Dumfries from Annan.  It would be more like implying that Stirling and Cumbernauld are effectively the same place.