Killie vs The Rangers 2012

7 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Not sure why you think Polworth has to go down for it to be a red card? It was a proper and deliberate tug of the jersey because he knew he had messed up.

The Barasic incident was definitely a dive and deliberate hand ball designed to deceive the officials. Deliberate hand ball, yellow card by the rules of the game.

I think it’s more to do with the perception of whether the player was impeded.

It didn’t seem to have any impact on his ability to run by Diomande and you cannot say with any certainty he’d have beaten Butland to the ball. It’s impossible to assert that.

11 hours ago, Andy_K_97 said:

Fair assessment - Rangers deserved the win for making the changes at the break (proof the Clement is actually a good manager unlike the previous incumbent in the Ibrox hot seat) but had we taken our chances, we could have had the game wrapped up by half time. Going in 1-0 at the break was the least we deserved at the time, and had it not been for Butland's superb save I think the best Rangers could have hoped for would have been a draw. The chance that Kennedy had just after the break could also have been crucial, but five minutes of sloppy play cost us the game. When Danny Armstrong went off for Rory McKenzie, we definitely lost an outlet going forward on the right side that GMS might have been able to keep going.

Overall, the performance was good tonight (especially in the first half) and on the whole there's very little to be despondent about as a Killie fan these days. We were competitive once again against an opponent with far greater resources in title-winning form, and it's a far cry from last season where I was questioning if we would ever be able to beat the Old Firm sides ever again. We have a great chance to bounce back at Dens on Saturday, and I'd expect a few changes. Still, that's one of the toughest runs of fixtures for us out the way with. If you'd told me that we'd get 4 points from Celtic away, Aberdeen at home and Rangers at home before this run began, I'd have taken that.

Onwards - the season has some tantalising fixtures and potentially rewards still on offer, and two or three more victories should see us over the line and confirm the top six place. 

Agree with all your points but just in case you weren’t aware GMS wasn’t on the bench yesterday (appreciate you are not saying Rory came on instead of him).

The two missed headers from Donnelly and the Kennedy chance could’ve really put us into the driving seat. Vass had a decent chance too but not as clear cut as the others and I see (some) fans piling on him for his miss.

Tremendous atmosphere in the home end last night, great belief around the place.

Edited by Sortmeout

16 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

So what time is Taverniers?

They didn't give him one, but the ref did let him place the ball abut ten feet further back than the foul for the first Rangers goal, just to make it easier for him.

44 minutes ago, AJF said:

It didn’t seem to have any impact on his ability to run by Diomande and you cannot say with any certainty he’d have beaten Butland to the ball. It’s impossible to assert that.

Watch again. He did get to the ball before Butland, but not quick enough to knock the ball on or gain proper control. The tug of his jersey made all the difference. Can only assume the referee refused to action because the foul was inside the Killie half.

49 minutes ago, AJF said:

Think you are looking at that with blue (white and red) coloured specs to be honest.

I’m not 100% sure if it’s a red but definitely should’ve been at least a yellow. 

The point you’ve made about him definitely not beating/not beating Butland to the ball isn’t really correct in my opinion. The gap between the two players and the ball was minimal and without the wee touch I think it’s obvious Polworth gets to the ball easily before Butland. 

2 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Think you are looking at that with blue (white and red) coloured specs to be honest.

I’m not 100% sure if it’s a red but definitely should’ve been at least a yellow. 

The point you’ve made about him definitely not beating/not beating Butland to the ball isn’t really correct in my opinion. The gap between the two players and the ball was minimal and without the wee touch I think it’s obvious Polworth gets to the ball easily before Butland. 

I'd need to see it again, but from what I recall it didn't look like the grasp from Diomande slowed Polworth down so I think it's difficult to argue without it he definitely would've beaten Butland to the ball. I don't think you can claim with any certainty he would have if he wasn't impeded enough to impact his run.

Just now, AJF said:

I'd need to see it again, but from what I recall it didn't look like the grasp from Diomande slowed Polworth down so I think it's difficult to argue without it he definitely would've beaten Butland to the ball. I don't think you can claim with any certainty he would have if he wasn't impeded enough to impact his run.

Not really sure on that one mate. He broke his stride and had a bit of a tug up at him. I think without Polworth having to break his stride he beats Butland to the ball by a few yards.

I think he would’ve beaten Butland to the ball so clearly that Butland actually would’ve stopped his run and backtracked to the goals but of course I’m looking at it with my own bias.

2 hours ago, AJF said:

image.png.c9ad4e464b395aa6ca743c9190277410.pngimage.png.c9ad4e464b395aa6ca743c9190277410.png

24 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

image.png.c9ad4e464b395aa6ca743c9190277410.pngimage.png.c9ad4e464b395aa6ca743c9190277410.png

The use of a still image is impossible to determine if the grasp impeded his run in any way. Did it slow him down, or did he shrug it off? Do you have a video of it?

3 hours ago, AJF said:

You are of course entitled to your opinion even though it's wrong. 

38 minutes ago, AJF said:

The use of a still image is impossible to determine if the grasp impeded his run in any way. Did it slow him down, or did he shrug it off? Do you have a video of it?

I saw it clearly as it happened right in front of me. He did shrug it off but it definitely slowed him enough to prevent him getting to the ball first.

10 minutes ago, KTID26 said:

You are of course entitled to your opinion even though it's wrong. 

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

I saw it clearly as it happened right in front of me. He did shrug it off but it definitely slowed him enough to prevent him getting to the ball first.

I thought I’d have a look and watch it back to see if my opinion would differ. The incident is at 2:20 of the video below:

It’s obviously subjective, but I don’t think there is enough there to impede Polworth and give a foul. He brushes Diomande off and the contact evidently isn’t enough to bring him down.

11 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Agree with all your points but just in case you weren’t aware GMS wasn’t on the bench yesterday (appreciate you are not saying Rory came on instead of him).

The two missed headers from Donnelly and the Kennedy chance could’ve really put us into the driving seat. Vass had a decent chance too but not as clear cut as the others and I see (some) fans piling on him for his miss.

Tremendous atmosphere in the home end last night, great belief around the place.

He is the current designated scapegoat for the squad now that they can't moan about McInnes any more. Literally impossible for folk to just accept that we have a very good team where every single player is making massive contributions.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

He is the current designated scapegoat for the squad now that they can't moan about McInnes any more. Literally impossible for folk to just accept that we have a very good team where every single player is making massive contributions.

Definitely. I don’t understand why people aren’t appreciating what Vass is doing instead of what he isn’t doing. He’s been one of our two main strikers all season and we are fourth.