Morten v Invermess

Glad to see that the majority of fans did not turn on the team today in what was a very lacklustre performance.

That's right up there with the very worst refereeing I've seen at any level of football.

However, we could still be playing now and I don't think we'd be close to scoring a couple of goals anyway. 

Thankfully the other results haven't really gone against us, and despite today's result it's entirely possible that we go and get another unexpected win against Dundee Utd in our next game.

We need both Mullen and Oakley back asap.

Edited by #Gary

21 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

big improvement needed for Tuesday 

That would be braw! A wee help would indeed help lift the mood in our camp after the clueless comprehensive capitulation last night in Lichtieland.🤞

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

How he restarted with the drop ball is technically correct. If the game stops inside the box it's always with the defending goalkeeper regardless of who had possession.

The issue there of course was stopping it in the first place when Carragher was obviously at it, as proven by leaping to his feet for a square go as soon as the whistle went, when the ball was about to drop to Crawford unmarked for a shot 8 yards out.

While the ref did absolutely lose the plot there, the reason we're losing this is Inverness being much better than us and they're entirely worth the lead.

Neither I nor any of the supporters, around me had a clue what the referee was signalling as he pointed to the ground rather than signalling for the physio/trainer to come on which is the usual with a head knock . It seemed to us that the rammy ensued because ICT thought he was giving a penalty. 

Sums up the way we’ve been run for the last few years that a guy we barely played and shuffled out the door has become such a key player at another club, a direct rival. From what I heard Oakley was signed by the DoF (Robertson) but the manager (Dodds) didn’t want him. He’s now key to Morton’s playoff hopes while we are fighting relegation. 🤷‍♂️

Massive win and pretty unexpected. We need to take some sort of momentum from this, given our next two games are against teams directly above us. 

We've seen that with this Morton side before. If we concede early we can struggle to break teams down when they're happy to camp in and shitfest their way through the match. Only Strapp, Garrity and Power get pass marks for me. It's a shame Garrity seemingly doesn't have the stamina to play 90 minutes because he was the only one who looked like he might unlock the Caley defence. 

As frustrating as it was to be on the other end of those tactics, if we take the lead against Dundee United I hope we do exactly the same and that we have a referee as far out his depth as today's to allow it. He looked terrified. The Power booking was the biggest laugh of the lot.

On a side note, who corrupted Alex Samuel? He's one who's always been well remembered for his short spell at Cappielow, but was absolutely at it all game today. Rose from the dead several times and played the ref like a fiddle.

We never looked like scoring today. Oakley was badly missed and we failed to get crosses in from the left side and the right was not used at all. 

ICT deserved the win. They did to us what we have been doing to other sides lately. Their time-wasting and general shithousing wasn't necessary, but when you have a referee that lets you do it, it is the correct tactic to play when you badly need a win.

As for the referee - deary me. They are getting worse. Highlight was awarding ICT a soft free-kick in the centre circle in stoppage time, then doing a short runner, as though he expected the Morton players nearby to deck him and give him a kicking. Also, I can't remember ever seeing a referee come out for the second half and forget to bring the ball.

Hopefully that's us got the crap performance out of our system.

2 hours ago, Scosha said:

Agreed, despite the referee losing control we were awful from start to finish. Muirhead putting in a pre-Imrie performance didn’t help things either. 

Muirhead looked to have chucked it at a couple of times in the second half, but I'm not sure what he was supposed to do with the majority of the 'service'. Inverness had two centre backs and often a central midfielder too all dealing with the high ball aimed towards him. We could still have got joy from that if the midfield actually won the second balls, but they didn't do that to anywhere near the usual level. 

9 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

A broken hand?

Bert Trautman played through a FA Cup Final with a broken neck.

Just saying like.

Ok Kurt Angle 👍 he played the final  15 minutes with a broken neck & Man City were already 3-1 up. He didn't even know he had a broken neck till the next day when X-Ray's revealed the extent of the injury. 

Alex Samuel is playing through a broken hand & stiches in his shin he's obviously not going to be 100% just saying like. 

Absolutely delighted with that result but I'm not holding my breath. It was the same after the Raith game we all got our hopes up & we were soon sent crashing back down to earth. We win at home next week against Airdrie then I'll start to get hopeful. 

Need to start winning at home it's as simple as that. Next week's game is vital we have to make this win count. 1 defeat in our last 5 games isn't bad at all it's certainly a lot better then losing all the time just a shame most of the results were draws. 

We just got to hope that this has finally given players the boost they need. 

Edited by Supercaleyman94

Congrats to Sir Douglas on the occasion of his hundredth game in charge of Morton. Nice for him to get to watch a The Caley win from the dugout, which has long since been his dream.

12 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

So you want The Gaffer to tell Robbie he's Erling Haaland.

You’re not making any sense?

Im saying that the manager is either not asking Robbie to play that traditional CF role (in which case fine, I respect that, what do I know in comparison).

Or Dougie does want that but Robbie’s either incapable or unkeen to do it.

No dig at Robbie, he’d always be in my starting XI.

16 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

How he restarted with the drop ball is technically correct. If the game stops inside the box it's always with the defending goalkeeper regardless of who had possession.

Spot on. It's a terrible rule in my opinion, but it's the rule just the same. Folk at all clubs get themselves into a seething mess over it, but should check facts before launching a tirade at the officials.

16 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

The issue there of course was stopping it in the first place when Carragher was obviously at it, as proven by leaping to his feet for a square go as soon as the whistle went, when the ball was about to drop to Crawford unmarked for a shot 

While most of us didn't know the rule, must have been one of the few times the ref got a call right.

Thought he went down blocking the ball, but as always will need the benefit of the highlights to check that and also see the disallowed goal again. Had Crawford's header went the other side of the post moments earlier might have stole a point if it had counted.

Bit like Tuesday needed a centre forward and a goalie.

Disappointed in McGrattan , having backed him all season, time to give Bearne a start and see if in can impact the start of a game.

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Goals - nice finish from McKay, what’s the goalie daen for the second.

Don’t think the keeper covered himself in glory for the first goal either. Horrible positioning.

14 hours ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

Ok Kurt Angle 👍 he played the final  15 minutes with a broken neck & Man City were already 3-1 up. He didn't even know he had a broken neck till the next day when X-Ray's revealed the extent of the injury. 

Alex Samuel is playing through a broken hand & stiches in his shin he's obviously not going to be 100% just saying like. 

Now I don't want to go down the "That's f**k all route" but some years back Melchesters Roy Race played the second half with two broken legs and still scored the winning goal with a header.

Just a thought.