DAFC v AUFC - The proverbial 6 pointer

There are weans in this stand that are stronger than Fraser Bryden. And if you’re going to be lightweight at least be fast and he’s not even that.

In fact our entire attack is at snails pace. Dowds, Murphy (gets away with it), McKenzie and Musonda on the overlap all slow as f**k.

One of those days where the league just tightens up again especially with Arbroath winning last night. 

At the end of the day I think we’ll be safe but I think it’ll go closer to the wire than most were thinking. 

Aye, think Moffat for Jak is an ideal sub. Moffat totally running on empty and Jak hopefully can cause Musonda issues. 

17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

One of those days where the league just tightens up again especially with Arbroath winning last night. 

At the end of the day I think we’ll be safe but I think it’ll go closer to the wire than most were thinking. 

If we continue to ship two plus goals a game it will be very close

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

If we continue to ship two plus goals a game it will be very close

I think we’re going to have to start looking at a change in shape rather than trying out different combinations at the back. Brown alluded to a back 3/5 but we don’t have anyone who can play on the left unless we go with Murphy. 

2nd half just as bad.  Other than that one from Dowds right after HT we haven't even come close to creating a chance never mind scoring anything - there's no way we would be this comfortable at 2-0 up against anybody 🤣    Been far too easy for Pars

Edited by Hursty

Ayr haven't done a single thing in the second half. Their only chance came from kamikaze defending from us. 

Miles Welch-Hayes MOTM for me. An absolutely dominant performance  

Ayr have been slightly better this half but that wouldn't have been hard. We've been pretty poor this half but we haven't really needed to do much. Hopefully we can get a wee run going but this league is bonkers and it's going to the last day for sure.

4 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Ayr have been slightly better this half but that wouldn't have been hard. We've been pretty poor this half but we haven't really needed to do much. Hopefully we can get a wee run going but this league is bonkers and it's going to the last day for sure.

Think we were just trying to be solid and resolute. We totally bossed it. Great win. 

This game has really highlighted the major deficiencies in the team/squad. Major clear out required. Big concern today for me was the complete lack of fight and urgency. Unrecognisable to the team that played on Tuesday. I have no answers . Let’s hope the manager has.

13 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

This entire performance has been an utter disgrace. 

The fact an actual left back can’t get on over a CB out there when we need a goal doesn’t bode well.

Again, I don’t think there’s much point in chucking McGinley on when he isn’t fit. It’s a bad day at the office but we haven’t been relegated. We are still watching a very disjointed and unbalanced team that put a huge amount of effort in during the week to get three points. 

I still don’t see us finishing in the bottom three.