DAFC v AUFC - The proverbial 6 pointer

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Again, I don’t think there’s much point in chucking McGinley on when he isn’t fit. It’s a bad day at the office but we haven’t been relegated. We are still watching a very disjointed and unbalanced team that put a huge amount of effort in during the week to get three points. 

I still don’t see us finishing in the bottom three. 

There isn’t being fit and there is coming on with ten minutes to go to help the side look a bit more balanced going forward when it needs two goals… 

If he can’t manage ten minutes, when Musonda wasn’t offering anything then it’s a worry. 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

There isn’t being fit and there is coming on with ten minutes to go to help the side look a bit more balanced going forward when it needs two goals… 

If he can’t manage ten minutes, when Musonda wasn’t offering anything then it’s a worry. 

With ten minutes to go we’re two nil down and changing left backs isn’t going to change things. It’s the kind of substitution Bullen would’ve been slaughtered for. 

An absolute shit show from start to finish today. Offered absolutely nothing all afternoon.

Two week break now ahead of the biggest game of the season so far in Inverness.

Very excited to see the back of most of this squad. 

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

Where have you found that keeper?

The boy who was playing earlier in the season was far more reliable

On loan from Celtic.

Albinson has chucked in at least six or seven goals this season at big moments. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

On loan from Celtic.

Albinson has chucked in at least six or seven goals this season at big moments. 

Ah fair just thought this guy looked quite small, and also pretty panicked.

Never seen a keeper give away that indirect free kick in a professional game.

Just now, 101 said:

Ah fair just thought this guy looked quite small, and also pretty panicked.

Never seen a keeper give away that indirect free kick in a professional game.

Yeah he’s very slight and glued to his line. He made a couple huge saves on Tuesday so swings and roundabouts I guess. He’s only 19 so will hopefully get better with age although I doubt he’ll be with us next season.

Albinson was easily the best keeper in the league last season but I have no idea what he’s been doing this season. Fans are split on him but I don’t think he can complain at being dropped. 

3 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Better team in the first half, deservedly went ahead. Killed the game in the second half, job done. 

It was like a reverse of last season where we often did little first half then did enough to win second.

5 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I'd be delighted if we can get Welch-Hayes and Kane signed up permanently in the summer by the way. Fagan-Walcott is a maybe at the moment. 

Surprised at that. Thought Hayes was very shaky and suspect but MFW strolled it with Hamilton. 

Just now, VinnyPar said:

Surprised at that. Thought Hayes was very shaky and suspect but MFW strolled it with Hamilton. 

Agreed, I’d sign MFW before Hayes, but I’d still like both TBH. 

32 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

With ten minutes to go we’re two nil down and changing left backs isn’t going to change things. It’s the kind of substitution Bullen would’ve been slaughtered for. 

Would it have changed things? Probably not. We have nothing attacking wise in the full back areas though, so it was worth a shot. It certainly wouldn’t make things worse, and gives someone game time that we really need to be starting games. 

Making a more attacking change in the full back areas isn’t something to slaughter a manager for though tbh. 

12 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

I think with Benedictus, Breen, Fisher, Comrie all fit and Otoo and Hamilton available to play there, he might not be as crucial,  especially if we continue with a 4. But I think we could use an out and out right back who could also fill in if we play a 3, especially if Comrie doesn't come back to his best. We'll also need cover or a replacement for Edwards on the other side of course, assuming Fenton isn't the answer. Agree that Hamilton was very good again today though.

That was fucking grim. Dunfermline wanted it more. We were second best across the whole pitch. If we keep playing like that we're down. That was utterly insipid, there is no upside to be found. In hindsight, I wish I'd done something else this afternoon.

The ultimate troll was Dunfermline bringing on Sleepy Joe. They were playing with 10 men and we still couldn't put a glove on them.

ICT away is now massive! 2 points seperate 5 teams. You know what time it is...

doctor-who.gif.f4784e38a0590838e0259c2b4607c91d.gif

Just now, Trogdor said:

The ultimate troll was Dunfermline bringing on Sleepy Joe. They were playing with 10 men and we still couldn't put a glove on them.

Shoutout to Sleepy Joe for being wide awake when he cleared the ball off the line, tremendous positioning.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I'd be delighted if we can get Welch-Hayes and Kane signed up permanently in the summer by the way. Fagan-Walcott is a maybe at the moment. 

54 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Thought Welch-Hayes was really good today. This was echoed by my friends who I attended with.