DAFC v AUFC - The proverbial 6 pointer

Big game for both teams on Saturday, a Pars win brings us level on points with a game in hand to Dunfermline and an Ayr win and it's 6 clear with Pars game in hand.  On the face of it, 4 points from Dunfermlines last 2 is a decent return, but sounds like last night wasn't a great watch.  Our win last night hopefully boosts confidence coming into a run of games v teams around us (DAFC away, ICT away QP home, Airdrie home) which 7-9 points from could essentially see us safe.  We'll have Dowds back for this one, not so sure on Stanger and Reading.  Assuming they are still out, the starting 11 will be interesting with Willoughby getting a double last night.  Might see McKenzie shift to the right with Dowds back in.

Clarke

McAllister  Sanders  McGinty  Musonda

Bryden  McHugh  Dempsey  Murphy

Dowds  McKenzie

Subs: Albinson, *Stanger, *Reading, Syla, Smith, Amartey, *Chalmers, Tomlinson, Willoughby 

*Question marks over whether they will be involved or not. 

Personally wouldn't drop either McKenzie or Bryden just now, their workrate is what Brown is looking at and getting assists like they are is just as big as Willoughbys goals last night.  Going for a 2-1 win, Dowds and McKenzie to kick off a big week.

I watched on a steam last night and it was a poor 0-0 with not a lot going on. We massively missed Chris Kane up front who is ill, not injured so should be fine for Saturday according to the manager in his post match. We've got you guys on Saturday then Airdrie at home on Tuesday so two absolutely huge games that will define our season.

Great result for Ayr last night, was watching the scores on my phone and just when I thought Thistle had done us a turn, you guys went up the park and scored the winner. I don't think any of us seen Airdrie winning at Tannadice.

Ayr have certainly enjoyed a good wee spell under Broony!

Another team that Bullen did well against. Brown has made some positive changes that may or may not suit against Dunfermline. 
We have gone from leaking goals, to being pretty tight at the back to comedic defending at times over the last two games. 
Dunfermline look to have sort of turned a corner in the last week and are at least picking up points. 

We have been performing well with a couple of players out but there is every chance it will catch up with us eventually unless they come back in soon.

3-3 draw

16 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

No one really arsed for this? Big ol game! 

It’s been a strange week for Ayr, gone from “we’re still shite” after the Raith game to “we’re fucking amazing” after the Thistle game to the cold reality the following day that we conceded very cheap goals in both games. So there is no bravado or doom, we are in a weird middle ground where no one is overconfident and predicting wins or overly negative and predicting a trouncing. 
Most Ayr fans are up for it, more because we have no idea what to expect. 

Aye it's a weird one for us as well to be fair, this time last week it was fairly doom and gloom. Three home games in a row (Morton, QP and Arbroath) where most fans would have realistically been thinking nine points were a possibility, at worst six or seven, ended up with a point. Transfer business had been poor, signings looked to have made things even worse, then all of a sudden we rock up at Firhill with a couple of the injured boys back, mainly Matty Todd and get a victory, even if it did come with the controversy.

Went to Inverness on Tuesday, usually a very unhappy hunting ground for us and got a point which I think most would have taken. Chris Kane missed out due to illness which had a big impact.

Should be a good game with a lot to play for, the same with Airdrie and QP who will play tomorrow, all in that similar points category as ourselves. Tough game for Inverness going to Cappielow and I think Raith will beat Arbroath so a chance to build the gap that wee bit further.

Went too early with the lack of full back signing moaning!

I mean the chances of us signing a full back and them also being good are pretty slim but still!

Edited by No_Problemo

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Went too early with the lack of full back signing moaning!

I mean the chances of us signing a full back and them also being good are pretty slim but still!

Musonda should still start here. No way will McGinley be fit to play and Musonda had a good second half against Lawless on Tuesday night.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Musonda should still start here. No way will McGinley be fit to play and Musonda had a good second half against Lawless on Tuesday night.

Yeah - I thought I had posted that in the other thread tbh! 

I would be surprised if Musonda didn’t start. It at least gives us a defensive option off the bench that isn’t Tomlinson though. 

6 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Went to Inverness on Tuesday, usually a very unhappy hunting ground for us and got a point which I think most would have taken. Chris Kane missed out due to illness which had a big impact.

Aye? I'm the opposite, the dreadful performance and the shite tactics from McPake have knocked all enthusiasm out of me. 

A far bigger reason for our shocking performance against Inverness was McPake, first in the way he set us up and compounded by his brutal half time changes. 

With Bene back in the squad, Kane and McCann fit and ready and KRH and Breen not far away the injury situation is clearing up. 

Hopefully Bene sitting on the bench will inspire our fullbacks to keep Ayr out today. 
I wasn’t feeling very confident about this earlier in the week, but I’m fancying our chances now it’s game day. 
a point would be great, but I think we’ll take all three 

Will this be the day I finally find an objectively good pub in Dunfermline?  Still convinced there are none.