🔴🟡Thistle vs Raith Rovers🔵⚪️ - Tuesday 12th March

48 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Both second and third place have worse defensive records than second bottom of the league. Truly ridiculous. 

We should maybe be enjoying the fact that the two games between the sides this season have produced eleven goals.

Cue a 0-0 on Tuesday.

44 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Any reason this game is on the telly, noticed earlier it’s going to be on the BBC Scotland channel. Quite happy about that as I think it could be a cracker!

I think it's just a case of the BBC using up their quota of games. The date wasn't moved for the telly - it was originally meant to be on the first weekend in February, but we had our diddy cup semi with Airdrie.

4 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I make it that we’ve only managed six clean sheets all season, and also managed to concede in games against Peterhead, Spartans and three times against Queen of the fucking South.

So this point seems perfectly fair. 

We also have only 6 clean sheets (I think) and conceded a goal from a sub goalie that was playing outfield as they had no-one else to play.

14 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

None of these words rhyme. None of them. 

It's an exquisite and unique example of rhyming free verse,but you knew that... didn't you ? 

Edited by I Clavdivs

13 hours ago, mrpaddyx said:

We also have only 6 clean sheets (I think) and conceded a goal from a sub goalie that was playing outfield as they had no-one else to play.

I would argue that us conceding a goal from (a 35 year old) Efe Ambrose is worse, but this is bald men fighting over a comb territory now.

Nothing else for it - Thistle 9 - 9 Rovers

I've probably been to Firhill about 8 times but this will be the first time taking the car.  Where's the best place to park?

As for the game, this would definitely be one for a BTTS coupon.  Although Thistle's form doesn't look great at the moment I don't think anyone believes they've suddenly become a bad team.  Another tough game but probably one we need to win if we want to stay in the title hunt.

I'm feeling pretty confident we'll get the job done and will come out on top in a 3-2 thriller.

If my maths is correct, a win will also ensure we can't end up in the relegation play-off 😎

5 minutes ago, AllanJM said:

I've probably been to Firhill about 8 times but this will be the first time taking the car.  Where's the best place to park?

IMG_5481.thumb.jpeg.f5c59ccc346c315525951591620376a3.jpeg

The times I’ve gone in a car, there’s never been any issue getting something in the circled area, including the playoff games last year - it’s pay and display but you can do it on that RingGo app. Then about 5-10 minutes walk up to Firhill.

The other usual suggestion is Murano street. 

1 hour ago, AllanJM said:

If my maths is correct, a win will also ensure we can't end up in the relegation play-off 😎

Was just looking at that. Yes, and a draw would make it tough with the 12 goal lead on GD over ICT.

Hamilton to start this one with either Vaughan or Rudden on the bench. I would like to see Byrne back in the starting line up too. Don’t care how we win just come back with the three points. Somehow we need to stop Graham as he scores for fun.

3 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Aye you'll get parked on Murano Street for nothing. Five minute walk to the ground. 

Bottom half closest to ground is also know as "Dog Shite Alley"...mind yer plates when walking back to car .

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

IMG_5481.thumb.jpeg.f5c59ccc346c315525951591620376a3.jpeg

The times I’ve gone in a car, there’s never been any issue getting something in the circled area, including the playoff games last year - it’s pay and display but you can do it on that RingGo app. Then about 5-10 minutes walk up to Firhill.

The other usual suggestion is Murano street. 

The Napiershall parking zone (which is basically North Woodside Road and south east towards St. George's Cross) runs Monday to Friday 8am til 6pm (for the time being) so offers free parking for all home games.

Edited by H Wragg

2 hours ago, jasperellon said:

Hamilton to start this one with either Vaughan or Rudden on the bench. I would like to see Byrne back in the starting line up too. Don’t care how we win just come back with the three points. Somehow we need to stop Graham as he scores for fun.

I'd like to see the backline as is. I'd like to have either Vaughan, Rudden or Easton on the bench to come on as fresh legs - most likely Easton as I feel his speed and legs in the second half could be crucial. Start Hamilton.

I don't think it's a game to start Byrne, but I would fully expect to see him in the second half.

Not a game to start Dylan Corr.... but it would be good to see him on the pitch at some point in the second (Ideally when we are 3-0 up).

Sounds from Doolan's interview that Williams is out long term, Adeloye away for scan as well and seems that is also as bad as it looked on Saturday. Gives us a decision to be made over whether Neilson stays in midfield and Milne at CB. 

On other hand O'Reilly back for Inverness game at end of month hopefully. 

3 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Sounds from Doolan's interview that Williams is out long term, Adeloye away for scan as well and seems that is also as bad as it looked on Saturday. Gives us a decision to be made over whether Neilson stays in midfield and Milne at CB. 

On other hand O'Reilly back for Inverness game at end of month hopefully. 

Every injury we get seems to result in a long term absence.