The Annan, Kelty, Stirling & QoS who's gonna bottle it thread

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm not sure it was the ref's fault your players gave away two stonewall penalties tbf. 

First one probably. The second one the Annan player hauled the Falkirk player to the ground

4 minutes ago, headthebaw said:

First one probably. The second one the Annan player hauled the Falkirk player to the ground

Nah. They both have their arms around each other. Looking at the Annan footage, if anyone is pulling someone down it's the Falkirk defender. It was 50/50 for me. The fact the Falkirk boy never even complained about it says it all really. Two stonewallers for me. 

On 28/04/2024 at 08:05, Binos said:

No point in turning up then

Just award them the fixture 

I’ll be there cheering them on but I was dreading it coming down to the last game. 

On 25/03/2024 at 15:29, Beepee67 said:

Don't need any inspiration.. We will be fine, we will take care of our own business on the park. League table doesn't tell lies 

On 25/03/2024 at 15:35, Beepee67 said:

We will be fine 👍

...that's what we do...that's why we will be fine...C'mon the bino's 

On 25/03/2024 at 17:18, WattersIsGod said:

Nah i don't think so. I think it will be tight but we can do enough. For all that Annan have found a bit of form they still have ground to make up.

Think we need to win 2 out of the 3 remaining home games and pick up another 3 or 4 points away. If we can't win away at Edinburgh then we deserve all we get.

If we do that it means Annan need 14 points out of 18 which seems unlikely.

All in our hands.

On 25/03/2024 at 17:27, SA45 said:

Agreed. Annan need to gain 5 pts and still have Falkirk, Cove and Hamilton to play.  Kelty have Falkirk, Montrose and Hamilton to play. QOS have Hamilton, Cove and Montrose. A lot could depend on how FFC defend their unbeaten run but think Albion have enough.

On 25/03/2024 at 18:21, Beepee67 said:

Bino's will be fine don't worry about it.... keep calm Pab's & the lad's will lead us to safety on the park...

Annan won't finish above us... we have more than enough character to get the point's needed... I'd much rather be in our position than theirs no matter what kind of form they are in

On 26/03/2024 at 07:36, BB_Bino said:

Darren Young should already be planning for next season, and I'd be surprised if he was wasn't doing that with a budget for this league.

On 26/03/2024 at 15:07, Beepee67 said:

Bino's in League 1 next year 🇵🇪

On 27/03/2024 at 18:00, Beepee67 said:

I see enough in our squad to keep us above 9th which was our aim at the start of the season... who ends up in the playoff spot I'm not really sure.. but I'm comfortable in my belief it won't be us 

On 28/03/2024 at 10:20, Beepee67 said:

The worst last home league game against ECFC then we have Annan at Forthbank....I'm delighted with that...couldn't have asked for a better 2 games to finish with... bino's are staying up 👍

On 28/03/2024 at 14:19, Beepee67 said:

That's still an if 

Currently 4 points clear of the play off spot with 6 games to go 

Terrifying for some maybe, but not me 

Delighted with our fixtures remaining, wouldn't swap them 

We might be playing them to help you on the last day, i feel we will be safe by then 

On 31/03/2024 at 15:33, Beepee67 said:

Jeezo doom & gloom....I think your being a bit negative to say the least....we are 3 points ahead of Annan... 3 home games against Alloa...QOS & Annan... away to Kelty & ECFC.... we couldn't ask for a better run-in 

Look we scored 2 OGS yesterday... but played decent football & scored 2 good team goals.... yesterday was just one of those days...but we have & will have more than enough to finish above at least Annan.. have a bit of faith in the team.... Bino's will be fine...I was disappointed with the result yesterday but the performance wasn't that bad all in all 

On 31/03/2024 at 15:36, Beepee67 said:

@SA45 i agree...I'm confident in our ability & our remaining fixtures... bino's will be clear of 9th 👍

mePvR5.gif

45 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

mePvR5.gif

This is a level of Scottish football pettiness I just absolutely love 

6 minutes ago, Jo9 said:

This is a level of Scottish football pettiness I just absolutely love 

Tbf, if it wasn't a well known Carrick Gif I wouldn't have bothered, but I couldn't resist. 

58 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

mePvR5.gif

This is brilliant. Thanks for sharing all of that. After some of Stirlings fans today before during and after the game they deserve to go down today. Hope they end up in league 2 next season

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Beepee67 has indeed been terribly good value on this thread.

What with Bartley's fate, this has not been a good day for the chronically deluded.

It proves the power of negative thinking.

It is what it is......

Always thought there was every chance we would end up here and here we are.

I can only.hope we can lift ourselves for another couple of battles.

Can I believe I'm going to Dumbarton on a Tuesday night again.....not really.

Am I going to do it. .....of course

I still believe we can do it. Today was gutting but you just have to pick yourself up and go again.......

At least it comes around quick.

Let's freaking go....

Another opportunity abounds and we just have to go and take it. We're gonna have to do it the hard way apparently

It's been a good read and entertainment (if you're lucky enough to not be involved) throughout this thread. 

Had hoped the binos would avoid 9th, but this has gone to the form predicted a month ago with Queens doing enough and Annans great form catching stirlings poor form. 

Good luck in the playoffs binos!

Great effort by Annan over the last few weeks and they deserved to stay up that based on that. I thought based on our early season meetings with the Binos that they looked like a League Two side, but had enough experience and spirit - and crucially should have goals from the likes of Carrick and Hilson - that they should be fine to shitfest to safety and strengthen as they went on. The strengthening didn't seem to work, the spirit didn't seem to last, and the attack looked pretty toothless. 

League Two looks quite weak and not beyond Stirling to still stay up through the play-offs. Quite hard to shift downwards momentum though and that's a big challenge for them. I'd have really fancied Annan to come through the play-offs had they landed up 9th. Not so sure with Stirling. 

53 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

... and so the mighty southern "Classico" derby survives for another season ... 🙄

Or as everyone outside our area would call it, the Borders Classico.

Posted (edited)
On 04/05/2024 at 16:58, 19QOS19 said:

mePvR5.gif

Beepee maybe needs checking on.

The Stirling fans on here are generally good guys, but their number really did include a couple of crazily optimistic contributors.  Stirling were clearly in trouble from March onwards, but their resident Comical Alis weren't having any of it.

Edited by Monkey Tennis