Life's little pleasures

Bit niche, and I understand not every migraine sufferer gets this, but the rush of euphoria when you pop a triptan and an hour later the damned thing starts to recede.

13 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Hearing something bad has happened to someone you don’t like 

These things have limits apparently.

An old relationship when she totally screwed my personally, financially, and mentally and almost destroyed my belief in people. Took me years to trust and recover. We had mutual friends. 

I heard she had a stroke (still in her 40s), I raised a glass to her health.

12 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Especially if that person has been the cause of bad things happening to other people.

Reminds me of the time the Stuart Hotel in EK shut down with no notice, completely ruining the wedding plans of a couple due to be married there the next day. The bride was the biggest bully in my year at school. A genuinely horrible lassie. Her compo face on the front of the EK News got joyfully injected into my arm that day. GIRUY!!!!

E.T.A I don't mean she was horrible. She was sad and a no doubt lonely person, but chose to make the lives of many people really shite at school. 

Anyway, back to more edifying pleasures. I saw a 1 year old eating toast the other day. The combination of concentration and those adorably chubby cheeks just light me right up. I (slightly) envy the dads out there who get to see that on the daily. Marvellous sight.

Edited by velo army

9 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Putting on trousers or a jacket you haven't worn in a while and finding a tenner in the sky rocket.

Back when I smoked I used to occasionally find a 20 deck in a jacket pocket.

For her first two years my wee one was dairy and soya intolerant. Like many kids she has grown out of it. So when wee missed ice cream, cheese etc.

At 4 this year I gave her her first ever cadbury creme egg. The joy in that face of eating the chocolate with the cremey centre. Like a first beer at the end of a hot day or feet up with a wee whisky at the end of the day in peace. It was the joy of seeing her find a brand new pleasure.

When you’ve been doing something like playing sport, doing big jobs in the garden, decorating a room, whatever, and you end up sweating like a pig, knackered, your feet are nipping. You finish and get to the bathroom. Everything, bar your belt & shoes is for the wash…. And you step into that hot shower with a bottle of Lynx or equivalent shower gel sitting there with your name on it Leave the pile of clothes behind you on the bathroom floor. The water batters off your napper…. Get out, get into clean trakky bottoms and a fresh T Shirt… sit down and do fcuk all for the rest of the day.

For my sins, I play golf, so when I get home after five hours in hot weather, feet absolutely louping, underpants stuck to your arse crack on the drive home - then what I describe here is just a marvellous thing. 😀

bumped/paraphrased from Alan Partridge, but stretches of road which alternate from a 40mph limit to a 60mph/70mph limit.

Timing the acceleration and braking to technically stay perfectly road legal but absolutely booting the car from 40mph - 60mph. Exhilerating. edit: The stretch that goes from 50mph - 70mph around the Erskine Bridge. Oh baby.

(this may explain why mine is needing in for a repair imminently tbf)

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Going for a shite in a public cubicle and reading the graffiti. 

Best one ever was from one of my Polish friends back in the day.

"The production of pate for our Russian comrades"

On 18/03/2024 at 13:46, scottsdad said:

Last year I found a PG Wodehouse short story I hadn't read before. 

Like immersing yourself in the most enjoyable world there is. 

Re-readingThe Clicking of Cuthbert and Honeysuckle Cottage (and most others from Mr Mulliner and The Oldest Member) would fit the brief, for me.