what's your Opinion on every spfl club

3 minutes ago, velo army said:

I don't agree. Celtic are disagreeable for their victim mentality, mawkish and vomit-inducing sentimentality and their sheer hypocrisy. I don't buy that Celtic fans are bigots. They love their Irish roots and can, at times (imo) over identify with those (see the aforementioned victim addiction). They don't tend towards anything recognisable as bigotry though.

Rangers are the classic panto villain with little to no redeeming features. A raison d'etre which depends on hatred of catholics and an ardent British nationalism combined with all the things that make me dislike Celtic (the victim mentality, but whose mawkish sentimentality always felt to have more bellicose undertones).

Perhaps I'm biased as the entirety of my mum's side are Irish catholic and all my school pals growing up were Celtic supporters, but I just think it's too simple to say that they're as bad as each other.

I think the last paragraph is quite telling.

Your description of Celtic fans seems to miss out their love of glorifying an organisation who murdered loads of innocent women and children. I grew up in the west coast and was surrounded by all the Old Firm shite and they are on the whole quite simply as bad as one another. The whole "What school did you go to/who is your big team" gets used jokingly a lot on here but they are lines that got used all the time in an attempt to get people to admit they have a bias or a soft spot for one team or the other. 

Disliking one more than the other equates to liking one more than the other IMO. I don't get how anyone outside the OF can like one side more than the other without an element of bias for whatever reason.

Like - Saints

Hate - The Cheeks

Meh - Everyone Else

Generally I look at other teams in terms of how their results affect us so this weekend I'm sorta supporting Hearts vs Kilmarnock, The Fakes against Dundee and reluctantly The Blue Cheeks against Hibs.

Don't have the time/aptitude to do the graphical representation of it so here goes:

Love - Dundee

Soft spot for (except when playing Dundee) - Stirling Albion, Annan Athletic, Arbroath, Forfar Athletic, Montrose

Meh - everyone else, except...

Would happily see them losing every week - St Johnstone, Airdrieonians, Livingston, Ross County, Hamilton Academical

Detest with a passion - Celtic, Rangers, Dundee Utd

I dislike Celtic slightly less than Rangers purely on political grounds.  Unionism can suck my fat 8 (when erect) incher.

Celtic are still cunts and their fans in Inverness are fucking weirdos in my experience

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

my-image.thumb.png.73be6b941b243cfb061720bc339d279d.png

Genuine question:

Do you really hate Dundee United in the same way and to the same extent as you do the OF?

I find that odd.  A rival can bug you and stir resentment.  It surely can't rival what the OF represents in our game and culture though?  No?

Like = Rangers

Meh = Every team that I haven't mentioned. 

Hope they get beat,  unless they're playing celtic = Sheep, Dundee United. 

Bawbags = celtic

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Genuine question:

Do you really hate Dundee United in the same way and to the same extent as you do the OF?

I find that odd.  A rival can bug you and stir resentment.  It surely can't rival what the OF represents in our game and culture though?  No?

I hate United on a par with the OF, but for completely different reasons.

I hate the OF for all the obvious reasons. But I hate United, well for the obvious reasons. Haha.

Edited by johnnydun

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I hate United on a par with the OF, but for completely different reasons.

Go on - explain.

I know my club doesn't have an immediate rival in the same way, but I still can't imagine despising anyone as I do the OF.  I even include the Gretna of early this century in that.

Love Dundee

Soft Spot - Partick Thistle - no idea why

Dislike - Aberdeen - arrogant and entitled , Caley - don’t ever seem to beat them, Hamilton, Livingston - absolutely nothing clubs and in hamiltons case absolute minks

Hate - Dundee Utd, Celtic, Rangers 

I would always want Celtic and Rangers to beat Utd purely from a sporting perspective - I would in fact like Dundee Utd to lose every game they ever play. I do however have far more time for Utd fans than any OF fan and particularly OF fans not from Glasgow who are the lowest of the low.  That said - even the decent Arabs I know have a sense of entitlement and arrogance I don’t think they are even aware of. 

4 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

I do however have far more time for Utd fans than any OF fan and particularly OF fans not from Glasgow who are the lowest of the low.  

Yeah, you see that would be my point.  

People who support nearly all of the clubs in Scotland do so for much the same reasons as you or I presumably support ours.

I'm not saying OF fans are reprehensible people or anything - I know and like plenty.  Some of them on here are clearly good guys.  I do kind of see them as a separate species where football support is concerned though. I think their relationships with their clubs, and therefore football, are very different from those the rest of us have.

I hate the two sides unequivocally for what they represent, and for how unfair they render our game.  I can't imagine feeling anything like that towards clubs that are a bit like my own.

RE Utd - I don’t think as a club they conduct themselves with much integrity and generally after they do something idiotic  their fans revel in it. Now I’m sure there can be these sort of allegations against all clubs - not least mine - but I live in Dundee  - which although a city is in fact a glorified village so every Dee has Arab mates and vice versa. I’ve seen some great people do some awful things in the course of supporting Dundee Utd. 

I don’t want to drag up old ground but any Fanbase that can sing “he shags who he wants” while their club publicly back the player so they can cash in for me are pretty reprehensible. You will still see Utd fans defending him when the topic rears its head on here every so often btw.  If you look at the backlash Raith got for thinking about signing him years later it astounds me how lightly Utd got off with that.

Then you add in making up accusations of racism trying to defend their player after he bit an opposition player on the park, employing ground staff who were known to have been sexually abusive to other staff members etc and they are just not for me.