what's your Opinion on every spfl club

8 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Disliking one of the cheeks more than the other is a bit of a minter IMO. 

3 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I grew up in the west coast and was surrounded by all the Old Firm shite and they are on the whole quite simply as bad as one another. The whole "What school did you go to/who is your big team" gets used jokingly a lot on here but they are lines that got used all the time in an attempt to get people to admit they have a bias or a soft spot for one team or the other. 

Disliking one more than the other equates to liking one more than the other IMO. 

I think this is where you're claim falls down. Cant be arsed putting teams in to different tiers myself but you're drawing on your own experiences in a part of a country that alot of others haven't grown up in so will have different experiences of clubs and fans etc and deciding we should all feel the same. The last bit of your 2nd quote is frankly ridiculous, you can be allowed to detest two things on different scales, it's pretty moronic to think otherwise.

Edited by gannonball

Nothing but respect for anyone who gets off their arse and pays money to go to watch their team when that team has absolutely no expectation of success or entitlement. 

Particular wee mention from me to to the fans of Dundee, St Mirren and Aberdeen who I've always thought were sound, especially their away support. 

IMG_4659.jpeg.3b552dde99a6c70c3b4e232948e11dbf.jpeg

Probably should have added another tier inbetween dislike and hate for my disdain of the old firm.

Cove/Peterhead/Elgin default to no opinion as they’re the only grounds I’ve not been.

Airdrie probably should be lower but since we sent them half our youth team I can’t help but take an interest in them and want them to succeed.

Surprised so many people have Hibs above Hearts. There's very little between them for me, and on derby days I don't care in the slightest about the result unless it impacts other events. The rest is pretty standard. With regards to the Old Firm, over the last decade there's probably been a bit more to despise about Sevco, but at least their fans know they're the bad guys and don't pretend otherwise. Celtic fans seem to think they're actually paragons of virtue and don't believe that diddy teams' fans could genuinely despise them.

image.png.efb24e860399d79db85f02d729925bab.png

3 hours ago, velo army said:

I don't agree. Celtic are disagreeable for their victim mentality, mawkish and vomit-inducing sentimentality and their sheer hypocrisy. I don't buy that Celtic fans are bigots. They love their Irish roots and can, at times (imo) over identify with those (see the aforementioned victim addiction). They don't tend towards anything recognisable as bigotry though.

Rangers are the classic panto villain with little to no redeeming features. A raison d'etre which depends on hatred of catholics and an ardent British nationalism combined with all the things that make me dislike Celtic (the victim mentality, but whose mawkish sentimentality always felt to have more bellicose undertones).

Perhaps I'm biased as the entirety of my mum's side are Irish catholic and all my school pals growing up were Celtic supporters, but I just think it's too simple to say that they're as bad as each other.

i'd be more inclined to agree with you if it wasn't for their silly wee fanny ultras in khakhi paramilitary uniforms, their glorification of terrorism in Ireland, and the fact that they find losing (or sometimes even drawing) any domestic match absolutely unacceptable to the point of furious tear-stained protests.  I think there's plenty of hatred amongst the Celtic support for their perceived enemies (you're absolutely right about the hatred underpinning Rangers tho).  They're as bad as each other.

Here are the clubs I can muster an opinion on. The rest I have no feelings about at all.

Clubs.png

56 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Your bottom 2 rows of clubs are the p***k's p***k of clubs.

Good effort. 

Raith might join you and St.Mirren in the big club section if they win the league. BBF9198E-6D77-4ACC-85BE-7FF9ACD29277.png.33c4784dd49a10711583b52475b0886e.png

8 minutes ago, JD and associates said:

Why are Morton and Hamilton so disliked? They're both very low profile championship-level clubs. I couldn't think of many clubs less offensive than those 2.

I'm going to hazard a guess at the words Dougie and Imrie. 

9 minutes ago, JD and associates said:

Why are Morton and Hamilton so disliked? They're both very low profile championship-level clubs. I couldn't think of many clubs less offensive than those 2.

Still don’t like Morton due to the fact they knocked us out of the League Cup in 2008. 

14 minutes ago, JD and associates said:

Morton are quite an obvious target for Thistle fans, with them being a similar club who are reasonably close to us. St Mirren should be the same, but it feels we've been ships in the night for most of this century. We had that title race with Morton ten years ago which really ramped things up, then you've got things like Brian Graham and Robbie Muirhead loving to score, and frequently doing so, against their old clubs. It's also easy to play up the stereotypes, with Ton fans all being junkies, and Jags fans seeing half-times as a good opportunity to read a couple of chapters of Proust.

Oh, and Dougie Imrie.

55 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

i'd be more inclined to agree with you if it wasn't for their silly wee fanny ultras in khakhi paramilitary uniforms, their glorification of terrorism in Ireland, and the fact that they find losing (or sometimes even drawing) any domestic match absolutely unacceptable to the point of furious tear-stained protests.  I think there's plenty of hatred amongst the Celtic support for their perceived enemies (you're absolutely right about the hatred underpinning Rangers tho).  They're as bad as each other.

Here are the clubs I can muster an opinion on. The rest I have no feelings about at all.

Clubs.png

Ach I don't really care about the IRA nonsense as I see it as ultimately harmless. The fight for Irish statehood and sovereignty has been in interwoven with Celtic and its identity for much of the last century. Songs like "Boys of the Old Brigade" and "Grace" are from the 1922 war and the sentiment gets carried over to the modern day to "children ardent for some desperate glory" (to quote Wilfred Owen). I'm more fascinated than appalled by it.

The fact that they get so tear stained after a defeat and seek to storm the gates of Sharkheid isn't a reason to despise them imo. I fucking love it and find it utterly hilarious. Superb entertainment.

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

I think this is where you're claim falls down. Cant be arsed putting teams in to different tiers myself but you're drawing on your own experiences in a part of a country that alot of others haven't grown up in so will have different experiences of clubs and fans etc and deciding we should all feel the same. The last bit of your 2nd quote is frankly ridiculous, you can be allowed to detest two things on different scales, it's pretty moronic to think otherwise.

I'm going to dismiss your post on the grounds of just a hint of bias.