Ayr Utd v the "diddy" cup winners - Fri 29th March

Well this thread has turned into the predictable shit-fest we all expected. Seems lil old Airdrie still get under folks skin by just existing.

Hoping the team go out and do themselves justice as they've saved their poorest performances for Ayr, so hoping for an overdue performance which should hopefully lead to a win. Another tough game, there are no gummies in this league and Ayr will be confident given the previous games. 2-1the diamonds. 

8 minutes ago, David_86 said:

Well this thread has turned into the predictable shit-fest we all expected. Seems lil old Airdrie still get under folks skin by just existing.

Hoping the team go out and do themselves justice as they've saved their poorest performances for Ayr, so hoping for an overdue performance which should hopefully lead to a win. Another tough game, there are no gummies in this league and Ayr will be confident given the previous games. 2-1the diamonds. 

Quagmire Giggiddy GIFs | Tenor

With the NSDAP Trust Trophy champions and TV coming to town tomorrow on a bank holiday you'd expect a decent crowd to be there. 

My my, a who’s the biggest bigot Willie waving contest between bigots and the bigots accusing others of being bigots   
The only winners here are the bigots proving hater’s will hate. 

Hope you all enjoy yer day at the football game folks 😃

How many times will Ayr get caught in possession at the edge of their own box? Last week it was 5 times but remarkably only led to single goal. 

I'm also assuming that Sanders will be missing this evening, should Scott Brown stick to his usual "make a mistake and you're out" selection policy. 

On 25/03/2024 at 08:27, cb_diamond said:

The only certainty is that this thread will derail within a couple of pages with the very usual suspects and their rinse and repeat "Airdrie are h uns without the busfare/nazis/kkk/trump flag wavers" patter that we've already heard multiple times this season.

Anyone want the lottery results as I clearly have the whole soothsayer vibe going on.

Not making this unfortunately as I finish work a bit too late to make it down. Hoping we can end the Ayr hoodoo and solidify our playoff aspirations. Taking the points off them would do us more good also and probably make us safe from the relegation playoff spot.

Never known a Championship like this year where 42 points is seen as the benchmark to be clear of that 9th place (and it might be more). Just shows how mad this league is, and to be honest with Falkirk coming up and Arbroath heading back down, it’s going to be more difficult for us next time round I reckon.

1 hour ago, Shibuya said:

How many times will Ayr get caught in possession at the edge of their own box? Last week it was 5 times but remarkably only led to single goal. 

Did you see how far up the park the NI goalkeeper blootered the ball at By-Kicks.   ................................Let's give that a wee go.

3 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Presuming none of the injured players are back for this I'd be going with the 352 we played on Saturday. 

Screenshot_20240329-063936.png

Harsh on Amartey after getting MOTM last week.

Presuming none of the injured players are back for this I'd be going with the 352 we played on Saturday. 

gadz

7 minutes ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

Did you see how far up the park the NI goalkeeper blootered the ball at By-Kicks.   ................................Let's give that a wee go.

I don't get the modern tactical fascination with daft short passes around your own box. Get it up the park.

6 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I don't get the modern tactical fascination with daft short passes around your own box. Get it up the park.

Thanks, Lee. 

10 minutes ago, Peil said:

gadz

Agree 100% 

It's what we have signed is the first issue and available secondly.  

Pretty close to the team I think it will be but it’s 3–4-3 with a front 3 of McKenzie and Bryden on the wings with Dowds up top