What are your storage preferences for various staple foodstuffs?   

99 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Question for all the 'eggs in the cupboard' weirdos.

what do you put in the fridge EGG holder.  Tatties? Sauce sachets...

gettyimages-175448913.jpg

Good work on getting your 5-a-day I see Slippery. 

2 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Nothing.

Just because the fridges are made to American standards doesn't mean you have to use them like the yanks do. You wouldn't go out and buy an AR-15 rifle if the fridge came with a holder for that, would you?

Just now, 101 said:

Nothing.

Just because the fridges are made to American standards doesn't mean you have to use them like the yanks do. You wouldn't go out and buy an AR-15 rifle if the fridge came with a holder for that, would you?

The AR-15 belongs in the cupboard, surely? 

1 minute ago, hk blues said:

The AR-15 belongs in the cupboard, surely? 

Just left lying about I think is the official American position. Might want to keep the bullets in the fridge though.

21 minutes ago, 101 said:

Just left lying about I think is the official American position. Might want to keep the bullets in the fridge though.

Our local equivalent of Costco actually has gun and bullet safes for sale. 

A fridge would be a good bit cheaper t.b.h. 

5 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Assault Rifles in the cupboard, pistols in the fridge is the official advice I believe 

Aye, the assault rifle would be too long for the fridge.  Although, that might explain why Americans have fridges the size of Forfar. 

Seriously, I want someone to explain to me why potatoes are going in the fridge. A quick google shows it's actually bad to put them in there.

If you're of the mindset that potatoes belong in the fridge, I really dread to think what else is getting put in there. My only hypothesis at the moment is that people are using fridges as cupboards and just not turning them on.

2 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Keeping bread in the fridge actually increases the growth rate of mould due to the generally much higher humidity in your fridge.

I was with you until this. Who keeps bread in the fridge?!?

6 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Bananas in the fridge? They would never ripen! 

I think we can determine that on here there are a lot of slavish devotees to 'following the manual'. There is no need to put preserves in the fridge, irrespective of what it might say on the label.

My mother's reached the age where everything goes in the fridge; biscuits, salt, tea bags, the works. Use by/best before dates have also ceased to become a concern, which seems to be common with the elderly, so I guess we'll all end up there.

I was over yesterday and she couldn't find a lightbulb that she'd bought earlier in the day.

me: did you try the fridge lol
her: don't be silly, why would I...
*opens fridge door*
her: oh.

6 minutes ago, BFTD said:

My mother's reached the age where everything goes in the fridge; biscuits, salt, tea bags, the works. Use by/best before dates have also ceased to become a concern, which seems to be common with the elderly, so I guess we'll all end up there.

I was over yesterday and she couldn't find a lightbulb that she'd bought earlier in the day.

me: did you try the fridge lol
her: don't be silly, why would I...
*opens fridge door*
her: oh.

A light snack

Shoot me