Peterhead v Clyde

Well, this will be a tough match for the Bully Wee. Peterhead aren’t in incredible form although a game away at them is always tough, so I would take a point, i’m going with a 1-1 draw with Kabia scoring. The lineup I would go with is:

Kinnaer

Dunachie.                 Sula.                        Hamilton.             McGinn

Cuddihy.              Ballantyne.                 Scullion.               Kabia

Rennie.              JA9

With this lineup, we still have Howie, Ray Grant, Leitch, Kingy, Leslie who I would class as usable subs.

34 minutes ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

Well, this will be a tough match for the Bully Wee. Peterhead aren’t in incredible form although a game away at them is always tough, so I would take a point, i’m going with a 1-1 draw with Kabia scoring. The lineup I would go with is:

Kinnaer

Dunachie.                 Sula.                        Hamilton.             McGinn

Rennie.              JA9

With this lineup, we still have Howie, Ray Grant, Leitch, Kingy, Leslie who I would class as usable subs.

This may be the kiss of death but hearing from a Peterhead boy that Rory is done....retiring at season end....young family now and lost interest. The other striker who started really well on the bench most weeks.....he can only see a defeat on Saturday.......if we can win up there surely we are in with a huge chance of avoiding bottom. 

I'm getting more interested in how next year is dealt with.

1 hour ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

Kinnaer

Rennie.              JA9

Sula over Howie? Sula is a bomb scare

Not a place we ever really do well at, so not full of confidence. 

Maybe McGinn in at left back and move King forward as we’re going to need a bit more quality up top against Peterhead. 

6 hours ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

Kinnaer

Rennie.              JA9

Don't see the love for Kabia. Did absolutely eff all last week, and as soon as he loses the ball he stops and sulks. Apart from a terrific cross v Elgin haven't seen much at all from him.

Would play Grant in the middle, felt last week there was no-one to calm things down and to hold onto the ball for at least 2 seconds.

6 minutes ago, macclyde+ said:

Don't see the love for Kabia. Did absolutely eff all last week, and as soon as he loses the ball he stops and sulks. Apart from a terrific cross v Elgin haven't seen much at all from him.

Would play Grant in the middle, felt last week there was no-one to calm things down and to hold onto the ball for at least 2 seconds.

Last week's pitch is not the kind that allows Kabia to show his best. When he came on against Elgin he was excellent at creating space and dragging players out of position. He was almost unplayable and as they started to double up on him he was quick enough to switch the play and bring others into the game also. Unfortunately Saturdays pitch probably doesn't suit him either, but he would be a good shout for the 2nd half or last 30 mins as the game stretches should we be looking for goals. Grant has tailed off after a few very assured displays, hope he gets going again as a fit and performing Raymondo is such an asset.

9 hours ago, maccanee said:

Last week's pitch is not the kind that allows Kabia to show his best. When he came on against Elgin he was excellent at creating space and dragging players out of position. He was almost unplayable and as they started to double up on him he was quick enough to switch the play and bring others into the game also. Unfortunately Saturdays pitch probably doesn't suit him either, but he would be a good shout for the 2nd half or last 30 mins as the game stretches should we be looking for goals. Grant has tailed off after a few very assured displays, hope he gets going again as a fit and performing Raymondo is such an asset.

What pitch does suit this guy I have to ask ? I'm assuming he can only play on plastic 

15 hours ago, Clyde1235 said:

Sula over Howie? Sula is a bomb scare

That statement is quite stereotypical. Howie is the person who tries his mad runs into the midfield when pressure is on him, Sula just clears his lines when necessary. I think Sula is a more complete CB than Howie

9 hours ago, macclyde+ said:

I don’t understand the Kabia hate, as I think he is probably our most exciting player most matches, I thought he was the only guy running our attack v Spartans. Overall I think he is a top 3 player in our squad with Lee Hamilton, Jordan Allan, so it would be ludicrous for him to start on the bench.

13 minutes ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

I don’t understand the Kabia hate, as I think he is probably our most exciting player most matches, I thought he was the only guy running our attack v Spartans. Overall I think he is a top 3 player in our squad with Lee Hamilton, Jordan Allan, so it would be ludicrous for him to start on the bench.

Don't hate him, I just don't think he offers enough, and goes missing for large parts of the game.

Don't agree re last week, too many times he lost possession and when he did, didn't seem too bothered about getting it back.

10 hours ago, maccanee said:

One thing I do agree with here us starting Kabia from the bench. Definitely can have an impact in the last half hour of a game with defenders tiring.

1 hour ago, macclyde+ said:

Don't hate him, I just don't think he offers enough, and goes missing for large parts of the game.

Don't agree re last week, too many times he lost possession and when he did, didn't seem too bothered about getting it back.

He obviously is talented and his delivery into the box is the best we have in the Squad, but he is a bit of a luxury player. If the game is a battle then you get very little from him. If it is an open game then he can be exciting to watch. Last week, he tried so many nutmegs, flicks etc. to beat a man and not one of them came off, with the result being Spartans turned the ball over and ended up on the attack. Perhaps his best role for us is as an impact sub when McCall has sussed out the opposition and can deploy him in the most effective position.

McGinn or Kabia for me. Definitely not both, our left side would be wide open.

We also absolutely need Howie, Sula, Rennie in the team to give us any chance of defending a set piece. 

We have played ok in spells for a while now but too many draws. This type of games have let us down this season with us probably gropping more points to teams at the lower end of the table than any others. Yes a number of these teams have improved in the 2nd half of the season but we really need to build momentum for the play-offs with a winning run.

Edited by peternapper

My preferred choice of starting 11 for tomorrow:

- Kinnear -

- Cuddihy - Hamilton - Howie - McGinn -

- Grant - Ballantyne -

- Leitch - Rennie - King -

- Allan -

Kabia coming off the bench to up the intensity for the last half hour would be my preferred option here. Howie being played in midfield against Bonnyrigg made sense for him to win hoofed balls that dropped in midfield. I prefer him in at centre half ahead of Sula, because I just feel as much as I like Sula he does have a few harem scarem moments every time I watch him play. Howie does bomb on but is generally more assured and is undoubtedly just a better footballer. I still think McGinn should play and still think Alex King should be pushed higher.

Luxury player is a good way to describe Kabia. If you're someone that wants steady productivity every week, it seems he'll frustrate you. If you value entertainment and reflecting back on particular eye-catching performances, he's a good player to have. Last week was not his week, albeit not for lack of effort. Not sure I agree about the surface thing though. The games vs Spartans and Elgin were both at home, i.e. on the same pitch, were they not?

Kinnear

Lyon   Sula    Hamilton   McGinn

Cuddihy    Ballantyne

Rennie     King    Scullion

Allan

A balance between what I'd go for/think McCall might entertain. We've been okay at the back so I wouldn't want to change it too much, McGinn just looked such an upgrade on King at LB last week though.

Any update on whether Scullion is getting banned for the Bonnyrigg incident btw? Surely something coming but the league is really dragging their heels.

My guess on the Scullion thing and going by the timescale that took place when Brendan Rodgers acted like a wee wean and moaned about the referee it was two weeks before he got a date to attend a meeting. So.. I’d imagine Scullion will be up in couple of weeks or so, I’d also imagine that he might them miss last 2-3 games of the season…. Eejit!

If we're shoehorning Howie in for his height, as we should, then it should be at right back - he did quite well in the Battle of Bonnyrigg but the Spartans game illustrated that he's a bit of an ungainly figure in the engine room. I do actually think that Ross Lyon has quietly become one of our more dependable performers since his Bonnyrigg brainfart in January, but he's not exactly playing at a level which makes him a must-start. Kabia is an immensely frustrating player but undeniably possesses that bit of stardust that can unlock a defence, so I'd like to see him starting too. A left side of King/Kabia or McGinn/Scullion is what we should be running with (the former my slight preference), and perhaps Ray Grant is due another look-in after his run on the bench.

We apparently have a new goalkeeper on the bench, presumably Parry has picked up an injury. Previous club appears, of course, to be Gretna.

50 goals conceded in 15 games.

Interesting team selection. Cuddihy or Howie at right back?