Dundee v Motherwell - 6th April

6 minutes ago, The Master said:

Sevco fans will be fuming at the effort we’re putting in to get Saturday’s game on. 

Pleasing. 

Wait until they find out we borrowed Celtics covers for the pitch...

1 minute ago, Pens_Dark said:

Wait until they find out we borrowed Celtics covers for the pitch...

Oh they know. Yes, I couldn’t resist dropping in on Sevco Media.

Which if anything has made me feel irrationally irritated by the person who thinks we can’t use Tannadice because “VAR cameras” are installed in grounds at the start of the season.

Further Pitch Update 4/4/24 – 4.30pm

Ahead of Saturday’s cinch Premiership fixture against Motherwell at The Scot Foam Stadium, Dundee Football Club can confirm that the pitch is playable. A category one referee inspected the pitch on Thursday afternoon and stated the pitch was playable at the time of inspection. This is the result of the hard work put in from the club staff and a range of contractors.

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/further-pitch-update-4-4-24-4-30pm/

I'm going to start calling Dens "The Scot Foam Stadium" out of spite.

38 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The relegated club has to give their stuff to the promoted club therefore, we've got it.

If it goes to Tannadice then the ref can just go out that tunnel between the main stand & the Fair play, run up the road to check the monitor at Dens.

4 hours ago, The Master said:

Presumably we need a stadium that’s VAR-ready, which makes McDiarmid the only realistic option. 

(Tannadice will likely have legacy infrastructure, but won’t have the pitchside monitor which almost certainly can’t be installed at such short notice). 

While you're right that it makes sense to go to the closest alternative that's already fully set up for it, would installing the pitchside monitor at Tannadice really be a dealbreaker had McDiarmid been unavailable? They installed the full infrastructure at Firhill last season between the second leg of the playoff semi-final and the first leg of the final, admittedly that gave them four days rather than one or two but you'd think that would be doable if it had been necessary.

9 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

While you're right that it makes sense to go to the closest alternative that's already fully set up for it, would installing the pitchside monitor at Tannadice really be a dealbreaker had McDiarmid been unavailable? They installed the full infrastructure at Firhill last season between the second leg of the playoff semi-final and the first leg of the final, admittedly that gave them four days rather than one or two but you'd think that would be doable if it had been necessary.

Is it not just a lap top?

1 minute ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

My head knows it's insulation, but every time I see it I can't help hearing the Cresta bear...

Cresta_White_CLOSE.webp?v=1690664654&width=1445

I didn’t know it was insulation, I am thinking the top of a cappuccino or a pint of lager.

Dundee know fine the forecast is terrible from tonight through to Saturday. All this statement bollocks today is simply so they can say they tried (ie it was playable on Thursday which is utterly moot when the game is 2 days later) when the inevitable cancellation is made on match day.

24 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Don't know if it would be a factor in the compromise for Dundee, but having to move the game to your city rivals is probably bad enough, but if the arguments previously were the localised weather, moving it a couple of hundred yards up the road undermines that argument and spfl would level (rightly) the argument that Dundee haven't invested enough on the pitch. Moving the game(s) to Perth would at least given them the 'out' that Dundee has had worse weather.

FWIW, I think both games will be at the Scot foam. 

1 hour ago, The Master said:

Sevco fans will be fuming at the effort we’re putting in to get Saturday’s game on. 

Pleasing. 

Why? The better the condition of the pitch means the higher chance Saturdays game goes ahead which in turn means a higher chance Wednesdays game goes ahead.

Edited by AJF

Dens has been called the Scot Foam for about a year now. Our 4 floodlights have giant signs stating this as well.

Sounds like it's the easiest money we've ever made if the majority of you are only finding this out now.

It was the Kilmac Stadium for about 3 year as well FYI.

42 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Dundee know fine the forecast is terrible from tonight through to Saturday. All this statement bollocks today is simply so they can say they tried (ie it was playable on Thursday which is utterly moot when the game is 2 days later) when the inevitable cancellation is made on match day.

You can't win - advise of pitch inspections on game day and Sevco say it's too late, advise a couple of days early and Billy Jean King says it's too early. 

Some people. 

5 hours ago, The Master said:

(Tannadice will likely have legacy infrastructure, but won’t have the pitchside monitor which almost certainly can’t be installed at such short notice). 

Believe it can be - as it was installed at Thistle very quickly for the Playoff last season.

I'd rather forfeit the 3 points than borrow the sticklebrick from the dabs. I doubt Nelms would even risk the backlash by considering it tbh. 

Out of interest, what was the reaction when we used Tannadice when building the BC and BS against Rangers? I was around for it but can't remember if people were furious or what.

55 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I have sent this on to the relevant people and I have received word that when - not if - the game goes ahead on Scotfoam Sehturday, they expect an apology.