Junior Takeover

2 minutes ago, GIRUU said:

Couldn’t agree more. He has been disrespectful to many a club over the years and this just sounds like a hostile takeover in all but name. Position of power in both camps? Surely somebody would stop that? Especially if he’s said the things that’s been said on here.

To be fair to him, he's made these comments when he's been part of Gartcairn and in the junior association. He hasn't said anything if and when he's part of the WOSFL committee but if he did, he really would make his position untenable 

19 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

To be fair to him, he's made these comments when he's been part of Gartcairn and in the junior association. He hasn't said anything if and when he's part of the WOSFL committee but if he did, he really would make his position untenable 

He said “let’s change it back” to someone on the junior photos facebook page whilst he’s supposed to be on the committee of the WoSFL!.

If the sjfa never had a big bank balance and didn't pay out the prize money that they do no one would care about the cup and it would just be history like all the other local cups we used to play for.

Edited by wow-wee

38 minutes ago, GIRUU said:

Couldn’t agree more. He has been disrespectful to many a club over the years and this just sounds like a hostile takeover in all but name. Position of power in both camps? Surely somebody would stop that? Especially if he’s said the things that’s been said on here.

How can you have a hostile takeover of an association where any appointments and any changes to the constitution/rules have to be agreed by the majority of member clubs

2 hours ago, santheman said:

How can you have a hostile takeover of an association where any appointments and any changes to the constitution/rules have to be agreed by the majority of member clubs

The Clydebank fans don't like it, mate. It's hostile. 

2 hours ago, Vanderbilt said:

He said “let’s change it back” to someone on the junior photos facebook page whilst he’s supposed to be on the committee of the WoSFL!.

If you don't mind me saying - you seem to take absolutely no pleasure from this level of football yet are constantly advocating for change. Why do you bother?

It's worse than that, Jim...He's been looking at the....redacted word...Facile Book photies page for incriminating evidence.

Burn the witch !!!

Oh,...and can someone (not me) point out that slotting in another league isn't a pyramid...it would just be another linear league in the same system.

Got to go. Tea break. With coffee.

Be nice.

39 minutes ago, santheman said:

I dont think its a hostile takeover, but worried that you cannot work out why people on here have reservations.  
If your junior orientated or not, you should know that if your on the WOSFL your supposed to work for the WOSFL association to the benefit of the WOSFL and all senior clubs there within.  Not be someone making statements like, 'the pyramid is dead' and 'the Scottish junior cup' is the only cup

7 hours ago, wow-wee said:

If the sjfa never had a big bank balance and didn't pay out the prize money that they do no one would care about the cup and it would just be history like all the other local cups we used to play for.

Would agree with that but watch the attendance figures for the upcoming semis and final. The fans who turn up aren't doing so for the prize money.

23 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Would agree with that but watch the attendance figures for the upcoming semis and final. The fans who turn up aren't doing so for the prize money.

And the SJFA - with the 60% take from each of the semis - are not exactly diminishing the pile. 

4 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I dont think its a hostile takeover, but worried that you cannot work out why people on here have reservations.  
If your junior orientated or not, you should know that if your on the WOSFL your supposed to work for the WOSFL association to the benefit of the WOSFL and all senior clubs there within.  Not be someone making statements like, 'the pyramid is dead' and 'the Scottish junior cup' is the only cup

this looks like very selective quoting. can we have the full passage it was lifted from so we can judge it in context for ourselves please lol?

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, santheman said:

The original premise of the new league was to join the senior set up and promote the pyramid.The EoSL league have done that with great success with Tranent,Linlithgow,Bo’ness etc all moving up.

The west is moving back the way with far too many unlicensed clubs in the top league,hanging on to the truncated Junior Cup and now going to elect a guy who is actively saying he wants to move it backwards!

Thats got nothing to do with Clydebank,anyone who can’t see the direction of travel is truly blind.

Edited by Vanderbilt

16 hours ago, allyg1977 said:

Wow what a statement to make I think u need to go back to school to learn history talbot has nothing to do with the orange order so I would kindly ask u to remove such allegation 

Read his post again. He didn't say Talbot had anything to do with the OO.

32 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

The original premise of the new league was to join the senior set up and promote the pyramid.The EoSL league have done that with great success with Tranent,Linlithgow,Bo’ness etc all moving up.

The west is moving back the way with far too many unlicensed clubs in the top league,hanging on to the truncated Junior Cup and now going to elect a guy who is actively saying he wants to move it backwards!

Thats got nothing to do with Clydebank,anyone who can’t see the direction of travel is truly blind.

genuine question - regarding the point about too many unlicensed clubs.

To use Beith as a hypothetical example because their lack of license is probably the most inconvenient from your perspective - if they continue to delay getting a license indefinitely and won the next 3 or 4 league titles, what would be your solution to this?

It doesn't seem like there is any sort of penalty for not getting licensed at the moment other than missing out on the chance to be promoted. what practical "progressive" solution do you have in mind for this situation?

Personally, I would just let the highest-placed licensed team have a pop at the playoffs. 

39 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

A massive over reaction. Seems like clubs are quite happy with the current set up. Do agree that it's a conflict of interest having this lad on both boards. Was also really surprised to see the "except SJFA" part of the constitution. Seems weird.

8 minutes ago, Shanner said:

genuine question - regarding the point about too many unlicensed clubs.

To use Beith as a hypothetical example because their lack of license is probably the most inconvenient from your perspective - if they continue to delay getting a license indefinitely and won the next 3 or 4 league titles, what would be your solution to this?

It doesn't seem like there is any sort of penalty for not getting licensed at the moment other than missing out on the chance to be promoted. what practical "progressive" solution do you have in mind for this situation?

Personally, I would just let the highest-placed licensed team have a pop at the playoffs. 

The highest placed licensed club would be a good idea.
This is where the election of someone like McDowall is a problem.He won’t push for something like that.

He’ll want to keep all the bigger clubs in the WoSL and in his Junior Cup.Promotion to the LL means no Junior Cup entry. 

3 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

The highest placed licensed club would be a good idea.
This is where the election of someone like McDowall is a problem.He won’t push for something like that.

He’ll want to keep all the bigger clubs in the WoSL and in his Junior Cup.Promotion to the LL means no Junior Cup entry. 

surely his influence doesn't extend particularly far though? he's being painted as if he's taking absolute power over all decision-making when I'm assuming he only has one vote as part of a wider committee (I don't know how it's actually structured so correct me if I'm wrong). 

Just now, Shanner said:

surely his influence doesn't extend particularly far though? he's being painted as if he's taking absolute power over all decision-making when I'm assuming he only has one vote as part of a wider committee (I don't know how it's actually structured so correct me if I'm wrong). 

I know that there will be people on the current committee that wont want to work with him.Take a wild guess at who will replace them …..

49 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

Oh I'm not blind but then again neither are the clubs, so to go back to my original point, if they dont like him or his direction of travel then they have the power to stop him in his tracks. If they choose not to then they must be happy to let him carry on with whatever quest he's on.

Thats the thing about democracy, its great until it doesnt suit your own personal objectives.

To tell you the truth I don't know much about the guy other than what I've read on here and that going by some of his alleged comments he's obviously got a soft spot for the old halcyon days of the former SJFA and that obviously sticks in the craws of some posters on here.