Queens v Cove

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

Hopefully we can do enough to miss out on the playoffs then major changes are needed .

We'll need to find a bloody board first ...

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Loads of enthusiasm for this one then…

This game will be in the background of me sitting watching Bet365 updates on the Falkirk game. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

This game will be in the background of me sitting watching Bet365 updates on the Falkirk game. 

Why no concentrate on Edinburgh beating Stirling.

Regardless of Annan , even if Cove beat Queen's the Stirling goal difference is so poor Queens would be safe.

A draw for Annan  v Falkirk & an Edinburgh win over would put us in a great situation too.

9 minutes ago, the philosopher said:

Why no concentrate on Edinburgh beating Stirling.

Regardless of Annan , even if Cove beat Queen's the Stirling goal difference is so poor Queens would be safe.

A draw for Annan  v Falkirk & an Edinburgh win over would put us in a great situation too.

Obviously Edinburgh winning would be great but I think is safer to assume a Stirling win than an Annan one this weekend. 

Well, what do we all expect from hopefully the last home game of the season?

Weather’s forecast to be pleasant, will we have a carnival atmosphere with a decent crowd, and we applaud the team off at the end as they do their lap of honour and bid farewell to the home supporters!

More likely they get booed off by a measly home support after we’ve witnessed them trying to carry out Bartley’s master game plan and failing miserably. We can but hope he picked up some tips midweek.

Is it too much to ask for a plain and simple 4-4-2 formation with some attacking intent?

2 hours ago, bod said:

Well, what do we all expect from hopefully the last home game of the season?

Weather’s forecast to be pleasant, will we have a carnival atmosphere with a decent crowd, and we applaud the team off at the end as they do their lap of honour and bid farewell to the home supporters!

More likely they get booed off by a measly home support after we’ve witnessed them trying to carry out Bartley’s master game plan and failing miserably. We can but hope he picked up some tips midweek.

Is it too much to ask for a plain and simple 4-4-2 formation with some attacking intent?

I think the only thing we know for sure is Gibson won't start given he wasn't at his best at Stirling. Say what you like about Bartley but if players haven't been up to scratch he'll rightly drop them the week after; just look when Kilsby, McKechnie, McKay, Logan, Ferguson or Doherty have stunk the place out. They've been instantly dropped. Gibson can't expect special treatment...

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

Get yir finger oot yir erse and get Cove pumped please , simples 

Did you know that Kelty and Montrose between them have won the same number of games at Palmerston this season as Queens?
The only difference between Queens home results and Edinburgh City’s is that Queens have won one game that Edinburgh lost.
Coming up to a year since Queens won a home game in League 1 against anybody not called Edinburgh City or Annan Athletic.

4 hours ago, Artemis said:

... Coming up to a year since Queens won a home game in League 1 against anybody not called Edinburgh City or Annan Athletic.

Jesus wept ... I'd call that embarrassing, but it's actually worse.

Never mind, in the pre-match update on the OS Marvin's already looking forward to next season ... must be the only one.

After a few weeks off I’m looking forward to the trip down tomorrow, only the cynic would say that it’s because a QOS supporting client invited me to hospitality!! 

Nothing between the sides, I’m still relatively convinced it would be a bad dream that comes true for us to get into the play offs as we simply have done nothing all season to justify that end product. Indeed if Burrell hadnt went on that daft scoring run it’s likely we would be in dire straits tomorrow, as it is a win will take it to the last game of the season.

Win or loose the jungle drums seem to indicate that wholesale changes are afoot in the close season. We can only hope. 

20 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think the only thing we know for sure is Gibson won't start given he wasn't at his best at Stirling. Say what you like about Bartley but if players haven't been up to scratch he'll rightly drop them the week after; just look when Kilsby, McKechnie, McKay, Logan, Ferguson or Doherty have stunk the place out. They've been instantly dropped. Gibson can't expect special treatment...

Agree with what you're saying about Gibson, sadly. We can only hope he has the same impact as he did in the last home game, that's assuming Bartley actually puts him on!

Fully expecting all the others mentioned will be strutting their stuff to Bartley's game plan. 

Edited by bod

32 minutes ago, bod said:

Agree with what you're saying about Gibson, sadly. We can only hope he has the same impact as he did in the last home game, that's assuming Bartley actually puts him on!

Fully expecting all the others mentioned will be strutting their stuff to Bartley's game plan. 

Yes I suspect Gibson won’t start today. I’d play him every week albeit using him as a wing back does him no favours. He was really poor at Stirling though. 
The much maligned McKay who I really don’t rate was probably our best player last week. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer