The Worst Musical Act of All-Time: Lifetime Achievement

BFTD

We've had some fun with individual songs being awful, but this is for the groups or individuals who have made a successful career out of absolute garbage. We need to have some kind of chart success metric here or no doubt the thread would be swamped by talentless trust-fund kids who've never needed to work, so have spent their life noodling away to a vanishingly small hipster audience.

Let's be honest, the answer is the Black Eyed Peas. From their music as a group, through to Fergie's solo career, down to will.i.am's noises for himself or others, it's hard to imagine that anyone else has achieved so much success from such poor (and frequently lazy) output. A living testament to the theory that mankind is a species that's beyond saving.

The Rolling Stones. In my opinion, without doubt, the most over-rated band of all time. IMHO, he added, for belt & braces security purposes.

Edited by pozbaird

Lord Sutch is credited, in some quarters, as producing the worst album of all time (Heavy Friends), a 1998 BBC Poll gave it top position as an example. But it's actually a great piece of vinyl, in my view. 

So all a matter of (poor) taste, really. Look at the line-up, Page, Bonham, Beck, Redding and Hopkins. From the first track to the last, it's a stormer! As an aside, Sutch sort of conned these artists into playing for him, telling them they were helping with demos, then released the album without their knowledge.

For me, Robbie Williams has consistently produced pish, but tomorrow I might choose someone else as the worst musical act of all time.

Chilli Peppers was a good shout. 

Tempted to go for Phil Collins but he wasn't that long lasting, as a solo twat at least. 

The crown of crap must be worn by the, admittedly moderately talented, entertainment vacuum who had 14 number ones across five decades and actually released a cover version of the lord's prayer. 

NZJinh.gif.69ad89e6b489aaf477b559f428a28ae0.gif

5 hours ago, pozbaird said:

The Rolling Stones. In my opinion, without doubt, the most over-rated band of all time. IMHO, he added, for belt & braces security purposes.

Belt, Braces, Chains and Lead weights on its way to you. 

Martin Scorcese has offered you the role as stunt double for the guy who gets thrown in the Clyde for being undiplomatic. 😉

6 hours ago, BFTD said:

We've had some fun with individual songs being awful, but this is for the groups or individuals who have made a successful career out of absolute garbage. We need to have some kind of chart success metric here or no doubt the thread would be swamped by talentless trust-fund kids who've never needed to work, so have spent their life noodling away to a vanishingly small hipster audience.

Let's be honest, the answer is the Black Eyed Peas. From their music as a group, through to Fergie's solo career, down to will.i.am's noises for himself or others, it's hard to imagine that anyone else has achieved so much success from such poor (and frequently lazy) output. A living testament to the theory that mankind is a species that's beyond saving.

I got a feeling you could be right about that one.

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

Belt, Braces, Chains and Lead weights on its way to you. 

Martin Scorcese has offered you the role as stunt double for the guy who gets thrown in the Clyde for being undiplomatic. 😉

I’ve got the ‘40 Licks’ best of double CD, like a fair bit of it, especially Under Cover of the Night, Brown Sugar, Satisfaction, Jumping Jack Flash - but that’s the only Stones CD I’ll ever need. It’s not that I hate them, far from it, but I simply think they are vastly over-rated, hence me stating it’s only my opinion. Opinions seem to be garnering red dots though. Fairy nuff’. 😜

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

I’ve got the ‘40 Licks’ best of double CD, like a fair bit of it, especially Under Cover of the Night, Brown Sugar, Satisfaction, Jumping Jack Flash - but that’s the only Stones CD I’ll ever need. It’s not that I hate them, far from it, but I simply think they are vastly over-rated, hence me stating it’s only my opinion. Opinions seem to be garnering red dots though. Fairy nuff’. 😜

Brown sugar bores me to tears

9 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Oi. Dave.

Sorry, but posting videos of Black Eyed Peas songs ought to be treated the same as posting GIFs of sex machine accidents (Booitsme7, GBNF).

3 hours ago, Fullerene said:

* *** * ******* you could be right about that one.

Causing unsuspecting humans to remember deep trauma is just so very poor*. You need to do better.

* Except for @KnightswoodBear

Spoiler

www.buzzfeed.com-anigif_enhanced-buzz-17

Although I do like Rock Music, I have never understood the appeal of Kiss.  I don't like their stage show, all the heavy make-up and most of all I don't really like any of their songs with the exception of "Beth".  Beth was a ballad written by their drummer, it doesn't sound like any of their other songs and worse of all for them - it was their most successful song.  There is an acoustic version (i.e. unplugged) and an orchestral version.  After they sacked the drummer - Peter Criss - they re-recorded with their new drummer.

Having said all that, Gene Simmons was entertaining with his Rock School series - especially in Series 2 where he goes to a comprehensive in Lowestoft and they show him no respect at all.

2 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Although I do like Rock Music, I have never understood the appeal of Kiss.  I don't like their stage show, all the heavy make-up and most of all I don't really like any of their songs with the exception of "Beth".  Beth was a ballad written by their drummer, it doesn't sound like any of their other songs and worse of all for them - it was their most successful song.  There is an acoustic version (i.e. unplugged) and an orchestral version.  After they sacked the drummer - Peter Criss - they re-recorded with their new drummer.

Having said all that, Gene Simmons was entertaining with his Rock School series - especially in Series 2 where he goes to a comprehensive in Lowestoft and they show him no respect at all.

My abiding memory of that Lowestoft series was the good 30 seconds of footage of Simmons trying to scan his staff ID to open a locked door and failing with every attempt.