Edinburgh City vs Stirling Albion

2 hours ago, peternapper said:

This is by far the worst place to watch football in the country, be sure to take your glasses if wanting to follow the action. This is the only ground i did not go to a second time when in the same division the other year as i go home & away always.

Off topic I know, and I did post it when the poo hit the fan with Edinburgh a few months ago, however this is the reason why Edinburgh City really have to look at (and secure) an alternative. I fall in @peternapper’s camp here and it’s the reason I’m not going tomorrow, I’m sure there are hundreds or thousands like me across all clubs. At the end of the day, when you strip it back, we’re consumers and if consumers aren’t coming then how do you expect to make any money?

I’m sure everyone associated with ECFC know this, and for your sake, I really hope there’s a better alternative out there, for the sake of your club and for the home fans experience 

5 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Off topic I know, and I did post it when the poo hit the fan with Edinburgh a few months ago, however this is the reason why Edinburgh City really have to look at (and secure) an alternative. I fall in @peternapper’s camp here and it’s the reason I’m not going tomorrow, I’m sure there are hundreds or thousands like me across all clubs. At the end of the day, when you strip it back, we’re consumers and if consumers aren’t coming then how do you expect to make any money?

I’m sure everyone associated with ECFC know this, and for your sake, I really hope there’s a better alternative out there, for the sake of your club and for the home fans experience 

Land in Edinburgh is expensive and likely to have a hotel or student halls built on it. The ordinary Edinburgher doesn't get a look in now in Scotland's Disneyland. Decent facilities for native Edinburgh people?! Ha! Try buying an affordable house on the average Scottish wage and you'll find why a lot of ex-Edinburgh people are travelling into work from Fife and East, Mid and West Lothian now. 

The debacle regarding banning the Ultras for making too much noise also doesn't fill me with confidence that any other football ground wouldn't be subject to petitions from greeting faced busybodies. The Council don't like noise unless it's a concert at the Castle or a Festival Fringe event. 

If a rich and particularly benevolent billionaire whose favourite colours are black and white is out there then I'd build something at Shawfair as there's a station there and it's quite handy for coming off the by-pass and there's a big housing estate planned there. 

Saughton Enclosure could conceivably be converted into a fairly decent wee ground too (even better if you rip up the running track there on the grounds that there's a perfectly good one at Meadowbank so f*ck off you twatty athletes)

I have to confess I had no intention of going until the seriousness of our plight persuaded me..

Everything I'd heard dissuaded me.

Reminds me how lucky we are to have a nice wee stadium suited to our needs. Put covers over the terraces and it would be near perfect. It took me a long time to love Forthbank after Annfield but looking around we are in a far better position than some.

I'm heading through early with the tactics board to see if DY wants to discuss RM options. If not, I've taken my running shoes so can get some laps in at the stadium 🏃‍♂️ 🇦🇹.

12 minutes ago, SA45 said:

I'm heading through early with the tactics board to see if DY wants to discuss RM options. If not, I've taken my running shoes so can get some laps in at the stadium 🏃‍♂️ 🇦🇹.

None of this negative stuff 

Hopefully Offord & Carrick upfront...I'm thinking he may bring Leitch back in for Banner for this one...Hilson RM or he might even throw Milne in at RM (Hopefully not) 

Just really want Offord who is a natural striker upfront for this rather than out wide....hopefully McPake on the other side might even pass the ball today 

Voices on the pitch, composure on the ball, winners, togetherness & desire, fighting for each other, a bit of confidence & support each other 

Comfortable win for the bino's 🇵🇪 💪

38 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

None of this negative stuff 

Hopefully Offord & Carrick upfront...I'm thinking he may bring Leitch back in for Banner for this one...Hilson RM or he might even throw Milne in at RM (Hopefully not) 

Just really want Offord who is a natural striker upfront for this rather than out wide....hopefully McPake on the other side might even pass the ball today 

Voices on the pitch, composure on the ball, winners, togetherness & desire, fighting for each other, a bit of confidence & support each other 

Comfortable win for the bino's 🇵🇪 💪

I'm being positive 😂. You should see me being negative. Hopefully not tonight.

Well it wasn't pretty in terms of the football or the view but job done.

Shame Falkirk couldn't keep up their end of the bargain but sets it all up for next week.

Never coming back here. Dreadful.

Fighting traffic to get in late and then realising you got a better view of the pitch from the street than inside

Job done i suppose, was never in danger of losing the game 

Absolute shite place for football...the poor wee ball boys must run about 6 miles each game.

Wish we could play ECFC every week we'd be on our holidays now 😆

What was with the big overweight guy coming on for ECFC 😳 did he win a raffle to be a player for a day 🙈

So  Annan get a draw, which means that we have to win next week, might not be a bad thing 🤔  just have to go out & leave it all out there on the park  💪 🇵🇪

45 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

Job done i suppose, was never in danger of losing the game 

Absolute shite place for football...the poor wee ball boys must run about 6 miles each game.

Wish we could play ECFC every week we'd be on our holidays now 😆

What was with the big overweight guy coming on for ECFC 😳 did he win a raffle to be a player for a day 🙈

So  Annan get a draw, which means that we have to win next week, might not be a bad thing 🤔  just have to go out & leave it all out there on the park  💪 🇵🇪

No. 14 was Liam Henderson (John Roberton's son) the sub goalie and Peter Kay lookalike. Thought he looked a player and had a better first touch than some of ours. I got a decent seat in the back row and had a decent view. Still not impressed but it's a 50/50 next week so anything could happen. Some of our shots from outside the box were woeful - 20 feet over etc and EC had a good effort off the bar 2nd half.

15 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Aye stand corrected the Hoppy.

Hibs/ Celtic no much difference is there ?

Celtic are a Hibs tribute act. And don't let anyone tell you different!