Vote of No Confidence

Vote of No Confidence  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With a knife edge vote of no confidence coming up, will the Scottish Government win or lose this vote?

I think if it's a draw the Presiding Officer votes with the Government so that counts as a Scottish Government win.

I will take a call and say that they will WIN the vote.

Edited by ICTChris

Yousaf will survive for now, but it’ll be a pyrrhic victory. Both the upcoming GE and the 2026 Scottish election will produce roughly “joint winners” like the 2007 election did and Humza will be punted after the GE. Whoever takes over from him will probably decide that a “period of reflection on the opposition benches” is best for the long term future of the party and Sarwar will be FM. 

5 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

That dick would probably be the last to know.

Is he not a member of Alba, he'll probably be a good source for stories about them.  Who knows though, all up in the air.  I'd be very surprised if Alba voted against the motion but what do I know.

Just now, ICTChris said:

Is he not a member of Alba, he'll probably be a good source for stories about them.  Who knows though, all up in the air.  I'd be very surprised if Alba voted against the motion but what do I know.

Alba will do whatever is best for Alba - and whatever makes them feel relevant.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Wings Over Scotland tweeting that Ash Regan is going to back the SNP.  

Not a surprise.

I think Humza wins. The exclusively scottish parties don't want the chance of an election before the GE. Let the SNP get pummeled at the Westminster elections and try to position as the new party for Scotland at the Holyrood elections.

And do Alba really want to be seen working with the Tories? Isn't that the exact thing that sent the SNP into the wilderness until Salmond revived the party?

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Wings Over Scotland tweeting that Ash Regan is going to back the SNP.  

Not a surprise.

I think Humza wins. The exclusively scottish parties don't want the chance of an election before the GE. Let the SNP get pummeled at the Westminster elections and try to position as the new party for Scotland at the Holyrood elections.

And do Alba really want to be seen working with the Tories? Isn't that the exact thing that sent the SNP into the wilderness until Salmond revived the party?

The Greens confirm that they will vote for the motion of No Confidence in the Scottish Government.

It's all down to Ash Regan.  I'm sure that the Alba party will approach this massive responsbility with characteristic nuance, maturity and non-insanity.

Alba are pretty much the mirror image of the Greens in terms of flailing around on opposite sides of utterly tedious culture wars and identity politics, so it seems like an easy W for them to keep Slater and the other fruit loops defeated and stewing on the side lines. 

Not least because further opening a schism between the SNP and Greens opens up significant opportunities for Alba* or any other pro-independence party on the second vote next time round. 

* It probably won't actually be Alba who exploit because they're incompetent, but that's not going to be their attitude right now.