Aberdeen v Motherwell. If anyone's interested.

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Neil McCann and Lee Miller don’t agree. Although they’re working with the Laws Of The Game from 1990.

The analysis of the red card from McCann and Miller has convinced me to join the TaxPayers’ Alliance and campaign for the abolition of the licence fee.

2 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I haven't seen today's back but I remember Aberdeen scoring from a corner that should have been a goal kick, one of the times they knocked us out the cup under McCall.

Don’t remember that, but good.

Just now, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I haven't seen today's back but I remember Aberdeen scoring from a corner that should have been a goal kick, one of the times they knocked us out the cup under McCall.

Considine header followed by a Hayes goal on the break with 10 men. Magic.

Didn't look as though Gartenmann touched it on Sportscene.

1 minute ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Kettlewell has seen this & thinks it’s a free kick to Motherwell.

I cannot stress how much of a dick head he is 😆

STFU you tool

https://x.com/willgeorge1514/status/1784307333184499813?s=46&t=EGF21CR589CHViwzdY2JPw

That's Jack MacKenzie 'steaming into' Vale, apparently. Saying he has no right to challenge for that ball is mental.

Edited by MikeAFC94

3 minutes ago, MikeAFC94 said:

Considine header followed by a Hayes goal on the break with 10 men. Magic.

Didn't look as though Gartenmann touched it on Sportscene.

I remember Randolph coming up for a corner and somebody narrowly missing the open goal from about 40 yards on the counter for a third. I think afterwards I was slightly disappointed it hadn't gone in as I'd never seen one of those goals in the flesh.

14 minutes ago, MikeAFC94 said:

That's Jack MacKenzie 'steaming into' Vale, apparently. Saying he has no right to challenge for that ball is mental.

Kettlewell is a perennial wind bag though.

Talks & talks & talks, and either says f**k all in content, or just talks absolute shite.

Cant stand him. 

35 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Kettlewell is a perennial wind bag though.

Talks & talks & talks, and either says f**k all in content, or just talks absolute shite.

Cant stand him. 

Good for you. At least you only have had 7 Managers in the time he has been in charge at Motherwell. Slight exaggeration but u get my point. 

He does talk and talk but he has been a decent Manager for us given our lowly budget. 

26% of our points this season have been gained against Motherwell.

If we’d lost all games against them, we’d be in the relegation playoff spot and they’d be in the European places.

Motherwell FC, thank you.

9 hours ago, welldaft said:

Good for you. At least you only have had 7 Managers in the time he has been in charge at Motherwell. Slight exaggeration but u get my point. 

He does talk and talk but he has been a decent Manager for us given our lowly budget. 

He has been, I agree.

My point still stands.

A journalists dream.

Gets asked a question, & replies with 1,000 words of gibberish that doesn’t actually answer the question.

He totally embarrassed himself by saying it was a foul to Motherwell with the red card incident. 
Loses all credibility with that absolute bollocks.

Hopefully he stays in as manager as it’ll mean I don’t have to listen to him on Open All Mics. 

12 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Was a clear corner leading to the goal.

Another thing Kettleunwell made a tit of himself over 

Edited by Thenorthernlight

22 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

He has been, I agree.

My point still stands.

A journalists dream.

Gets asked a question, & replies with 1,000 words of gibberish that doesn’t actually answer the question.

He totally embarrassed himself by saying it was a foul to Motherwell with the red card incident. 
Loses all credibility with that absolute bollocks.

Hopefully he stays in as manager as it’ll mean I don’t have to listen to him on Open All Mics. 

I'd forgotten that he said that he thought that McKenzie fouled Vale. Delusional. 

When I heard Kettlewell describing it on the radio I pictured something similar to Yang's sending off against Celtic. Then watching it this morning, you could maybe quibble over whether it's a yellow or a red, but it's a poor challenge. 

All the patter about Kettlewell 'speaking well' and 'being honest', is a lot of nonsense. He talks pish and uses 100 words when he could use 10. 

TBH - losing our 800th goal of the season from a corner takes away any energy to argue about red cards (wasn't one when I started going, is one in 2024) - and I suspect that's why Kettlewell is talking about the sending off so much. How much we really think it wasn't a red card rather than a deflection tactic will be clear if/when we appeal it.

Nothing about us being down to 10 men explains why despite having some decent individual players in there, we have continually fucked up the most basic thing you ask from your defence. I think I'm right in saying that we lost zero goals from corners when Alexander was the manager (mainly as he kept mentioning it) - so what we have done this season on that measure is pretty embarrassing.

Game was an end of season special - and even the red card didn't change the lack of energy, although it gave Aberdeen lots of chances to be through on goal (and bizarrely make an arse of it every time). 

Red card is a red every day.

Wtf was Kelly doing at the goal? He opened his arms like he was ushering it wide and then realised it was dropping in too late. Could have stopped that if he'd actually went for it.