Montrose v Queens

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, The Gable Endie said:

I’m glad for you that Bartley is gone, especially after seeing him lose to our team with 5 U18s and a midget goalie. Hopefully you get the right man in because Queens should never be in league 1

No real surprise about the result.

The thing is though, it isn’t just Bartley. The club is rotten from top to bottom.

There are amateur teams that are run better than Queens. Sadly, that isn’t going to change over night. 

Will the new Director start to build bridges with the fans? 

Edited by qos_75

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Lol wut?

Sorry let me spell it out. Peter Murphy manager of a part time Annan team that just stayed up with a bunch of old pros isn’t very ambitious imho…

1 hour ago, HighlandQueen said:

Sorry let me spell it out. Peter Murphy manager of a part time Annan team that just stayed up with a bunch of old pros isn’t very ambitious imho…

Still ambiguous. 

He isn't ambitious, or appointing him would not be ambitious?

5 hours ago, HighlandQueen said:

Old pros? Not really sure about that when you look at Annan's squad. 

But you think hiring another merry-go-round manager is ambitious? 

5 hours ago, HighlandQueen said:

"A part time Annan team that just stayed up with a bunch of old pros"

... that finished 2 points behind a full time Queen of the South team that just stayed up with a bunch of under 23s.

Murphy is one of the better prospects we could look at although I'm not sure he would even be mentioned if it wasn't for his friendship with our director.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Old pros? Not really sure about that when you look at Annan's squad. 

Aye, apart from Fleming, Swinglehurst and Gibson (who can still stroll it in this league) I'm not sure who HQ is referring too.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, PortyMo said:

As for South fans, no disrespect intended,  but that display was poor against our kids. Having read through some of your threads,  it sounds like the demise of Bartley has been the highlight of your season.

A meaningless game for both sides but it’ll be no surprise to any QOS fan that our gutless group of players “led” by a dreadful manager managed to lose to a team packed with youngsters despite being 2-0 up at HT. That’s how bad we are as a team and for that matter as a club. We’ve been in decline for years now. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

2 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

A meaningless game for both sides but it’ll be no surprise to any QOS fan that our gutless group of players “led” by a dreadful manager managed to lose a 2 goal lead to a team packed with youngsters. That’s how bad we are as a team and for that matter as a club. We’ve been in decline for years now. 

I can't have been the only QoS fan who laughed when I noticed Montrose had went 3-2 up. It was a very fitting end to the season. 

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I can't have been the only QoS fan who laughed when I noticed Montrose had went 3-2 up. It was a very fitting end to the season. 

At 2-0 up I thought we had a chance of scraping a draw, but yeah had a wee chuckle at the end.  It was all just sooo this season for us.

I see the attendance at yesterday's "pay what you can" dead rubber was almost double that of the Mo/Queens blip result game at Links Park in December.

If any evidence was needed that regular ticket prices at this level are grossly overpriced, especially when you consider the quality of football on offer, then this is it.

35 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

I see the attendance at yesterday's "pay what you can" dead rubber was almost double that of the Mo/Queens blip result game at Links Park in December.

If any evidence was needed that regular ticket prices at this level are grossly overpriced, especially when you consider the quality of football on offer, then this is it.

I agree with your point.

It would be interesting to see how the gate receipts compared across the two matches though.  I don't think income is the only possible consideration when it comes to crowds, but it's obviously a major one.

Posted (edited)

There was certainly more away fans there yesterday than I thought there would be, whether the pay what you can offer attracted some of them I don't know. Seems a long way to go just to get into a game on the cheap. 

Fwiw I paid my usual concession price anyway.

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

Posted (edited)

Bartley’s interviews out… shall be interesting.

*So that’s the budget (apparently pay the same rate as Edinburgh City), injuries and the players attitude all used as excuses in a five minute interview.

Edited by QoS99

9 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Bartley’s interviews out… shall be interesting.

The usual self serving exercise in deflecting responsibility.  As usual it's all the players fault.  He spins it as if he has made the decison to move on.

The line of questioning though... oh dear.

1 minute ago, Katboy said:

The usual self serving exercise in deflecting responsibility.  As usual it's all the players fault.  He spins it as if he has made the decison to move on.

The line of questioning though... oh dear.

It’s funny he always has a book full of excuses then always hits out with his classic line “but I’m the manager so I take full responsibility”.

Thankfully, this dreadful season is now well and truly in the bin.

Best of luck in the playoffs Gable Endies!