Gers v Stripes - Sunday fitba spectacular

Just now, djchapsticks said:

I genuinely hate Ian Crocker, his style of commentary, his voice, his cadence and tone. His excitement for anything that happens to Rangers or Celtic vs when anything happens against them.

He should have been binned years ago. A relic of the SPL era.

It’s bad when Kenny Miller appears to be more neutral than him here.

It is a red card under the laws, but I do wonder whether there should be a similar leniency applied in those situations as with penalties which would otherwise be DOGSO when the defender is adjudged to have made an attempt to play the ball: i.e. if the handball can reasonably be believed not to be 'deliberate', it is yellow rather than red. 

2 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I think by the laws it's a red. St Mirren had one against Celtic in the cup last year when the ball was pelted at Richard Taylor from point blank range. If it stops a goal it's a red card.

It is but it is a fucking nonsense, a Shitty player got halved yesterday but under double jeopardy it wasn't a red.Its a knee jerk reaction, pen and a yellow.

As much as the VAR has been seemingly looking for decisions for Rangers the penalty and red card are the correct decisions in the LAWS OF THE GAME.

Wright only has himself to blame for not dealing with the ball in the box. He hesitated and it cost him big time.

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

He's stopped a f*ck*ng goal. That's been a red card for decades.

@Mr. Brightside when have you ever seen a handball on the line stopping a certain goal not result in a red card in recent years?

A penalty and a red for that incident just seems plain wrong. It is disproportionate and can essentially ruin the game as a spectacle.

If the defender had deliberately handled or there was an element of recklessness, fair enough, but otherwise it is shite.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

It’s bad when Kenny Miller appears to be more neutral than him here.

Through it all, I don't mind Miller. He is usually reasonable in spite of his allegiances.

Crocker is a total Old Firm lickspittle and always has been. The only thing worse than wanting to see one of them do well is wanting to see both do well.

Edited by djchapsticks

From the BBC web coverage:

We're only 28 minutes in and there will probably be about 1,000 extra minutes of first-half added time with all the VAR stoppages there have been.

I fixed it for the BBC, though;

We're only 28 minutes in and there will probably be about 1,000 extra minutes of first-half added time if Sevco still need a goal.

I've just seen it now, but the referee being sent to the monitor early on for that Ndaba 'handball' does further confirm to me that there is a group of referees in the Premiership who just genuinely do not understand the handball laws. 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Through it all, I don't mind Miller. He is usually reasonable if spite of his allegiances.

Crocker is a total Old Firm lickspittle and always has been. The only thing worse than wanting to see one of them do well is wanting to see both do well.

Miller is reasonable on things that have happened, I'll give you that, but his continual willing Rangers on during his commentaries when it's being broadcast nationally and not on Rangers TV is pathetic.