24/25 - New Kits

10 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

New black kit already posted but looks good in action:

image.thumb.jpeg.541f910009193de7a5ba740068f392b4.jpeg

The socks don't match, they just look very, very, very dark blue. They should have bought priest's socks.

24 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

There’s something absolutely hilarious about a 150th anniversary top with absolutely no nod to the clubs 150th anniversary. Surely a more classic/retro design would have been the go to? 

IMG_4003.jpeg

Surely not?

I mean, surely to f**k no one on earth looked at that and went “aye, that’s acceptable”

Honking. Up there with St Mirren’s 2014/15 kit and our camouflage effort. 

48 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

There’s something absolutely hilarious about a 150th anniversary top with absolutely no nod to the clubs 150th anniversary. Surely a more classic/retro design would have been the go to? 

IMG_4003.jpeg

Just. Fucking. Terrible.

24 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Surely not?

I mean, surely to f**k no one on earth looked at that and went “aye, that’s acceptable”

Honking. Up there with St Mirren’s 2014/15 kit and our camouflage effort. 

Your camouflage strip was an absolute worldie. Was just way ahead of its time.  

Well that was not exactly worth waiting for! How fecking hard is it to do a classic, simple clean red and white hooped top. Gutted tbh. What an opportunity wasted. If the away top is a blue and green version of the same template, that's even worse. Accies can't deliver anything the fans ask for, it must be deliberate 

Edited by Beckford

2 hours ago, Diamond1924 said:

IMG_4003.jpeg

On a centenary shirt, I actually feel for you! 

On 12/07/2024 at 21:52, DiegoDiego said:

Well you've waited 150 years, another few days shouldn't be so hard.

Shouldn’t have bothered ….

Fucking eye bleeding…

2 hours ago, Diamond1924 said:

IMG_4003.jpeg

I posted my thoughts on this here

6 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm going to break this into two parts as there are two distinct points i'd like to make about this kit.

Firstly, given that we are supposed to be commemorating our 150th Anniversary, the design of the home top should not have been up for debate. Anything other than clean, reasonable sized, red and white hoops should have been off the table immediately.

Onto this design itself. The club are clearly trying to tap into the retro market, and I have no issue with this. In fact I quite like it. Chevrons were never going to be the chosen route as there were plenty of those available last season, so the oscillating hoops I think is a solid choice. But why have they stopped them half way up? That kit as is is horrible, but one last white "hoop" near the top and it would be decent, add white sleeves and it would be a cracker. As it is we've got a solid lump of red that they no doubt know looks horrendous but will avoid the issues they had last year where the kits all looked different due them being poorly manufactured. 

There is a nod to the anniversary tbf - says 150 years on the back of the collar.

Edited by Todd_is_God