Top 6 St Mirren v Top 6 Kilmarnock. Euro flights fae’ Renfrewshire International & Prestwick.

4 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

Wild that St Mirren fans have reservations on Hemming's catching from crosses. In the Championship season he caught every single cross that ever came in to his box, even if it was 10 feet in the air. Was massively his biggest strength. 

Wonder what's happened there. 

Maybe it's the way he is being coached but any sort of cross that is anything stronger than completely unopposed, he has a tendency to punch rather than catch almost every time. And although most of his punches are pretty strong, a good few aren't so much. 

5 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Almost as if it's a lower standard or something.

In all seriousness, Hemming's has flapped at a couple of crosses in televised games but I think over the course of the season dealing with crosses has been fine, and his shot stopping very good. Folk were wetting their knickers when he signed but he's been a perfectly adequate keeper.

Regardless of level, if he took crosses the way he did with us, challengers would need to be 7ft tall NBA basketball players to compete.

Hemming has been a good keeper for us. Not at Hladky levels of good, but given what Killie fans told us last summer, he's been better than expected and while he's made a few mistakes, he's also made a lot of important saves. I do think he's a keeper where psychology plays an important role - i've noticed he often ends his warm up early and wonder if he just needs to gather his thoughts and get in the right place mentally before a game.

I hope he stays on, but agree a permanent deal would be much more preferable than renewing his loan.

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

Gogic had been a standout every time I watch him and I'd have him at Killie in a heartbeat.

We should've gone for him when we took Power back. Madness not to.

He reminds me so much of Pascali.......even to the point of his transition into a centre back.

Edited by Pizzo

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Pizzo said:

He reminds me so much of Pascali.......even to the point of his transition into a centre back.

Aside from a point @djchapsticks made on the St Mirren thread about him playing in midfield, I never understood why Hibs (and Hibs fans) didn't rate him. I remember us playing Hibs when he was there and pretty much every ball we launched forward seemed to find his head. 

As has been noted, he's got an error in him, but he's become a real force of nature for us and this contract extension pretty much guarantees he's a future Hall of Famer.

Weirdly though, he's not got that 'public enemy' persona that similar players usually attract. He seems to play the game in a way that opponents respect. 

Edited by Coventry Saint

5 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Warm weather tomorrow excellent : - ) Getting the 10am ferry get to the 1877 club for 12 watch the dark side derby. Into the game should be a great game and atmosphere in the sun. Then to Wemyss Bay station bar owned by a Saints season ticket holder before back home calling into the Indian. Magic not been to the football for ages can't wait. 

Each to their own I suppose but I have absolutely no interest in the arsecheeks game. I'll be in the Bankhouse where their best offering will be live caravaning or some such shite. Used to be a great boozer pre game but gone right downhill now and mostly empty probably due to no Sky or TNT.

1 hour ago, Pizzo said:

He reminds me of Jim Goodwin. I feel as if both players are looked at as a big thuggish just based on how they looked (and Goodwin knew how to be a bit like that) but both players are far better at playing football than they get credit for.

Maybe I’m miles off and Saints fans will correct me.

34 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Aside from a point @djchapsticks.....  Weirdly though, he's not got that 'public enemy' persona that similar players usually attract. He seems to play the game in a way that opponents respect. 

For me he did when he was at Accies, he was a bit of a dick with them.

31 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

He reminds me of Jim Goodwin. I feel as if both players are looked at as a big thuggish just based on how they looked (and Goodwin knew how to be a bit like that) but both players are far better at playing football than they get credit for.

Not miles off, just a few fucking light years.

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

Gogic is a far better player than Goodwin ever was.

1 hour ago, jimmy boo said:

Each to their own I suppose but I have absolutely no interest in the arsecheeks game. I'll be in the Bankhouse where their best offering will be live caravaning or some such shite. Used to be a great boozer pre game but gone right downhill now and mostly empty probably due to no Sky or TNT.

Probably down to where I live I know there are two other Saints fans on the island but in name only. Surprisingly on a island small community it's a completely different environment to the mainland. . They the dark side seem to get on together the way it should be. Also if I go to ether ground I am invited on their bus which is surprisingly a laugh. But up the mainland it is a different story hostile. The guy who owns the Wemyss Bay station bar a big Saints fan has a Rangers supporters bus leaving from his bar. He also gets the Celtic bus from Rothesay. Everyone gets on taking the piss. I seen another refreshing side where humour plays a big part. Mate I grow up in Paisley I witnessed the shit I know people who were stabbed and all that crap. Small communities especially islands where locals pull together in difficult times is different and refreshing the way it should be. However I know and have experienced the nonsense when I lived in Paisley so I know where your coming from. 

2 hours ago, Munoz said:

Gogic is a far better player than Goodwin ever was.

Not to disparage Goodwin in any way or form as he was fantastic servant as a player and captain and could play a bit as well but I agree that Gogic is technically a lot better than Goodwin was.

13 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

I have an interest in the cheeks game. I’m hoping for a 5-0 home win. We’ve played the blue cheek, have the green cheek to play on the final day. If we haven’t clinched at least 5th spot and Europe, if the title is wrapped up, maybe, just maybe, they’ll rest everyone for the cup final. I don’t want a ‘helicopter Sunday’ with them needing to beat us to clinch the title. That would be a very tough arena for St Mirren to walk into. Mostly today though my thoughts are ‘Mon the Mirren…  and Hearts’.

Cracking day for it. Calm, warm, big support, good visiting club with no issues between us. Got that wee thing in the stomach today, where you wake up looking forward to the fitba’. Strange days down Greenhill Road way.

27 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I have an interest in the cheeks game. I’m hoping for a 5-0 home win. We’ve played the blue cheek, have the green cheek to play on the final day. If we haven’t clinched at least 5th spot and Europe, if the title is wrapped up, maybe, just maybe, they’ll rest everyone for the cup final. I don’t want a ‘helicopter Sunday’ with them needing to beat us to clinch the title. That would be a very tough arena for St Mirren to walk into. Mostly today though my thoughts are ‘Mon the Mirren…  and Hearts’.

Cracking day for it. Calm, warm, big support, good visiting club with no issues between us. Got that wee thing in the stomach today, where you wake up looking forward to the fitba’. Strange days down Greenhill Road way.

Only issue in that scenario is the blue sphere would be mighty disinterested v Dundee midweek if it's still a contest for 5th by then.

17 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Only issue in that scenario is the blue sphere would be mighty disinterested v Dundee midweek if it's still a contest for 5th by then.

There is that obviously, can’t have everything go St Mirren’s way. Thing is, it’s in our hands, so anything that might (however small it may be) helps St Mirren in our own games gets my vote. A 5-0 scudding please. Would be funny in its own right anyway.

Only results today that would make me nervous is a Saints loss combined with Dundee win. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

Having said that, Greg Aitken on VAR, who missed a clear penalty for us v Ross County earlier in the season and, if rumours are to be believed, is a Kilmarnock fan. What could possibly go wrong?