The Garrick Club

I find all of these private members organizations disgusting on principle. It's elitist and exclusionary by default, and anyone who pay's to be a card carrier is subscribing to a status that we should all find repugnant. Come the revolution they will be the second against the wall, right behind the Windsors.

4 minutes ago, The Equalizer said:

I find all of these private members organizations disgusting on principle. It's elitist and exclusionary by default, and anyone who pay's to be a card carrier is subscribing to a status that we should all find repugnant. Come the revolution they will be the second against the wall, right behind the Windsors.

This is a dig at platinum members right?

11 minutes ago, coprolite said:

He's right; we wouldn't be seen dead with the likes of him.

Platinum membership requires a minimum income of £10pa - I shudder to think what the Platinum forums would turn into if we allowed just anyone in.

6 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I would have an opinion on this but I don't know what the Garrick Club is or what happens in it, so I don't care.

Mostly it’s about controlling the British crown and keeping the metric system down, AFAIK

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, coprolite said:

He's right; we wouldn't be seen dead with the likes of him.

Platinum membership requires a minimum income of £10pa - I shudder to think what the Platinum forums would turn into if we allowed just anyone in.

18 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Did The Garrick Club make Steve Guttenberg a star ?

Just stay out of my Golf Club and we won't have any problems...

Edited by The Equalizer

2 hours ago, D Angelo Barksdale said:

Glad this has happened.

We can never have true equality until powerful and elite women are allowed to join powerful and elite little boys clubs.

^^ Germaine Greer ^^

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I'm a member of the Edinburgh City Social Club and that's it. 

We let women in but the club used to have a rule about "no jeans or t-shirts in the upstairs bar after 7pm" but since the club moved and the old radge members snuffed it/f*cked off in the huff it doesn't matter anymore. 

When are the WI going to let in chaps then? Some chaps might like knitting, baking and chatting total shite. 

Wasn't it you lot who forced your hipster ex-owner to change the name to FC Edinburgh?

49 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Wasn't it you lot who forced your hipster ex-owner to change the name to FC Edinburgh?

No. That was a pile of horseshit. 

We were told at the AGM last year that The Social Club actually enquired into trademarking "Edinburgh City" and were told to f*ck off by Edinburgh Gin Ltd who make a gin called Edinburgh City Gin..