East Kilbride v Stranraer

8 minutes ago, AUcal said:

East Kilbride bench and players have lost the plot.

2 reds hahahaha

Same happened a few years ago when Cove were papped out by Cowdenbeath.

On of the Cove coaches tried to hide in a tractor tyre to avoid getting his marching orders.

1 minute ago, RateofKnots said:

Eagerly anticipating the LL fan boy conspiracy theorists telling us that it's an SPFL plot to keep them down.

Was there anything to suggest that it wasn't a fair outcome ?  I was just following the games on the two clubs Twitter feeds and both teams had plenty of chances with the officials having very little influence on the outcome.

I like the Lowland League .....but I dislike EK.

5 minutes ago, acrossthesea said:

Mick will take to social media again tonight no doubt when he is pished. Well done Stranraer.

Just sent the same to my mate. I might listen to the open goal podcast this coming week now 

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Incredibly funny, and not sad to see East Kilbride bottle it once again, despite my natural urge to root for the pyramid over the closed door.

Until the Lowland League fix their own glaring issues with relegation and sucking up to the Old Firm then they'll have no sympathy from me regarding having to beat team 42 to get in. In reality they should every time tbh, so again zero sympathy.

Congrats to Stranraer, the commentary on their highlights should be excellent entertainment.

I agree with most of your post, but in reality the bottom team should automatically be relegated, no matter how messed up the league below is.

But happy for Stranraer and their fans, I feared if they went down it would be curtains.

Justice done. All I’ve seen leading to this game is all been about EK. Felt like the media believed it was already over. 

1 minute ago, Clyde1235 said:

This is just hilarious after he got his media friends to make out we wanted him over mccall for the Clyde job. Up him and ferry the egotistical twats

I heard that application was to scout the club as he thought you were play off bound.

Stranraer is one of my favourite away days. Have always enjoyed going down (not particularly enjoyed the games!) and like the town. Good pubs. The Stranraer supporters club in the town is fantastic and the envy of most clubs. The Football Bar is excellent (smashing jukebox). Stair Park is a class ground.

One of the best ever chippies I had was in Stranraer too.

4 minutes ago, Neilfs said:

Brilliant result for Stranraer.

The players really fought as did everyone to keep the town and community alive.

154 years history would have been gone from the league.

For another central belt side that with all respect could have been built at any location.

Is this an ironic narrative given youths history of the club you claim to support? 

8 minutes ago, CS_Dumbarton said:

This must be a peri peri tough result for East Kilbride to take

Surely they'll be feeling very tender tonight

Breast result for Scottish football as a whole

In fairness Mick Kennedy has plenty of experience serving up two disappointing legs

So on and so forth

If only they'd had more cluck in front of goal. No doubt there'll be a fowl mood on the bus back to EK.

Just now, Moorie said:

Justice done. All I’ve seen leading to this game is all been about EK. Felt like the media believed it was already over. 

Just as the media were all over Cove before Cowdenbeath, money and arrogance isn’t always enough