East Kilbride v Stranraer

42 minutes ago, bullyweehutch said:

Great scenes....but also Stranraer fans causing trouble outside the ground again? Thought it only happened when big bad Clyde came to town...Common denominator here 

All I could see was a bunch of folk holding themselves back from doing anything. I think I saw one half arsed push so if that counts as "causing trouble" the Stranraer constabulary must have a pretty easy time of it. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Spyro said:

Rattled much? 😂

They'll be bigger than most of the current teams in the SPFL, if that doesn't hurt your feelings too much

I’m not rattled, just saying that you’re havering absolute pish. There are already a whole load of teams in the SPFL in around both Glasgow and Edinburgh in massively populated areas and the evidence shows that is clearly not the case. 

A goldmine 😂 fkn behave ffs.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

2 hours ago, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Sitter of sitters at 8:46. Good video from the guy. Sam and Blair there as well so there should be plenty of footage to giggle at East Kilbride with shortly

Not usually a fan of the whole vlogger scene but I made an exception and watched that. Decent. 

I actually thought in real time Balde's second sitter was the most Van Vossen-esque I've seen. I'll reserve judgement until I see the official highlights but aye that second one was a real WTF/LOL moment at the time. Definitely one of the better games I've watched as a slightly impartial neutral 🤣

5 hours ago, Blue gal said:

The behaviour of Kennedy when EK equalised was very very poor, up on the wall giving it to the home support .. others not much better.... no class at all 

5 hours ago, GallowayBlue said:

Indeed, all for people getting carried away (I certainly did with the goals) but I've never seen anything like that.

Then watching his interview after where he wishes Stranraer well etc. which would make you think there was a bit of class, but the mask slipped with that celebration.

4 hours ago, scott666 said:

Exactly this but one of the best moments of the day was watching him after the 3rd goal went in, standing silently alone, staring at his shoes, getting both barrels from the home support for his antics earlier

I thought Kennedy's reaction to the EK goal was needless and crass. Actually jumping on the wall of the stand and giving it the 'bigun' to all the home fans behind was nursery school behaviour and I'm not sure what the match officials were watching because I think that's probably grounds for inviting him to watch the rest of the game from the Directors Box or at the very least get a booking (I think he'd already been booked too). Pretty disgraceful reaction from him.

However, lets not pretend he and his other coaches hadn't been goaded from behind constantly pretty much for the whole game, certainly from when Stranraer took the lead. Appreciate tensions were running very high at both ends but Stranraer as a club really need to look at the arrangements for fans being near the visiting dugout. That's two significant stramashes caused in one season now.

7 hours ago, bullyweehutch said:

Great scenes....but also Stranraer fans causing trouble outside the ground again? Thought it only happened when big bad Clyde came to town...Common denominator here 

It was the wee neds probably who every club have. They probably haven't been at ground all season. Everyone else enjoyed there day and were too busy celebrating for any stupid stuff. 

1 hour ago, Blue1870 said:

It was the wee neds probably who every club have. They probably haven't been at ground all season. Everyone else enjoyed there day and were too busy celebrating for any stupid stuff. 

Stranraer can’t really spend the week drumming up support from the local community and then absolve themselves of any blame when some dicks turn up to back them though. They were there supporting Stranraer, so in essence are Stranraer supporters.

Much as I enjoyed the game and everything that surrounded it, neither set of fans covered themselves in much glory, after the game in particular as they squared off outside an EK supporters’ bus.

One thing I haven’t seen mentioned though was, in the midst of the pitch invasion after the second goal, Lewis Spence was involved in an altercation with stewards on the pitch, which resulted in some pushing and shoving from both parties.

I can’t say what happened before that as I initially only caught it out the corner of my eyes, but it certainly didn’t show the stewards, who are there to protect folk and maintain order in any good light. Of course, a minute or so later the third went in and Spence lost the plot and took a red.

Spence himself could have been at fault, but when folk are encroaching on his space, the pitch, and presumably giving it large to him, I wouldn’t say he should then be taking it off the stewards.

I hadn’t seen Kennedy and his management team playing up to the crowd at the equaliser, but his post match interview should never have seen the light of day. Conducted in a back corridor when emotions were running high perhaps, he did reasonably well to hold it together until the last 20 seconds or so when he couldn’t help have the crass dig about hoping Stranraer have a better season next time around. That just doesn’t cut it when they’ve survived at your own team’s expense.

Congrats to everyone at Stranraer. Still glad Clyde weren't involved in this fixture but the feeling of elation amongst the home support yesterday must have made it almost worth it. Hope everyone's heads are absolutely thumping this morning.

I thought Grant Gallagher had his best ever game for the blues yesterday. Showed all his experience and a top drawer goal  .  Was a great captains display and  along with Scott Robertson I hope they have a great testimonial year and make a few quid. 

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’d just like to say a huge get it right fucking up you to all the losers on here who have a constant hardon at the thought of “team 42” getting relegated and love telling us they will “never return”. 

Any of the diddy teams came back up yet?

Posted (edited)

Congratulations to everyone connected to Stranraer. The feeling when the second goal in particular went in must’ve been incredible.

Quite enjoyed the seethe from the EK fans throughout that vlog and the GIRUY from the scorer of the 3rd goal and Stranraer team in general. Football is brilliant when you’re on the right side of that.

I’d also like to add a GIRUY to Mick Kennedy, Si Ferry and EKFC in general, including their Twitter admin.

I hope Tranent Juniors beat you to the title next season.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse