East Kilbride v Stranraer

57 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

On a separate note I think both clubs should have a look at themselves for what was ultimately the incident after the 3rd Stranraer goal, but it had been brewing the whole game. Given the shenanigans of the Clyde game we all saw on video, a little ill feeling was hardly unforseeable. I found it bizarre Stranraer didn't station a Steward behind or next to the EK bench. There was abuse flying from the stands to the bench and back and forth the whole game and at least two of the coaches reacted badly to it and should be having a look at themselves (wasn't either Kennedy or Ferry. Tall bald guy and the chunky one who was eventually red carded in the match ending incident). Not having any stewards or staff in the area was simply asking for trouble.

The EK bench were obviously getting abuse from the stands but their reaction to the equaliser inflamed the whole thing to another level with a multitude of GIRFUY's and Kennedy himself jumping on the stand wall to gesture at the crowd behind (it may possibly have been aimed as much at his own Directors, but it was out of order either way).

When Stranraer took the lead again, grown men were charging yards along the stand to bang on the dugout and abuse the EK coaches which they shouldn't be doing of course but the EK coaches brought it on themselves and Stranraer should have been ready for that and had Safety staff there. When the 3rd goal finished it in hindsight Napier should maybe just have blown the final whistle. It was already the 121st minute. Playing on led to a stramash right in fronto of the EK dugout which led to staff from both clubs piling onto the pitch and a lot of pushing shoving, etc. Referee Craig Napier shoved Lewis Spence away from a confrontation and Spence swung a blow at him (didn't connect). I'm not sure what the chubby EK coach did to get red carded, you had to have eyes everywhere at that point to see what was happening. Scott Robertson was having to be restrained by Stranraer staff from going for someone on the EK bench (may have been the same guy).

Hilariously bonkers but entirely foreseeable and should have been better dealt with by, well, pretty much everyone really. I thought Craig Napier had a really good game in a fixture that was simmering throughout but he could have dealt with the incident at the end better.

The behaviour of Kennedy when EK equalised was very very poor, up on the wall giving it to the home support .. others not much better.... no class at all 

1 minute ago, Blue gal said:

The behaviour of Kennedy when EK equalised was very very poor, up on the wall giving it to the home support .. others not much better.... no class at all 

Indeed, all for people getting carried away (I certainly did with the goals) but I've never seen anything like that.

Then watching his interview after where he wishes Stranraer well etc. which would make you think there was a bit of class, but the mask slipped with that celebration.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

On a separate note I think both clubs should have a look at themselves for what was ultimately the incident after the 3rd Stranraer goal, but it had been brewing the whole game. Given the shenanigans of the Clyde game we all saw on video, a little ill feeling was hardly unforseeable. I found it bizarre Stranraer didn't station a Steward behind or next to the EK bench. There was abuse flying from the stands to the bench and back and forth the whole game and at least two of the coaches reacted badly to it and should be having a look at themselves (wasn't either Kennedy or Ferry. Tall bald guy and the chunky one who was eventually red carded in the match ending incident). Not having any stewards or staff in the area was simply asking for trouble.

The EK bench were obviously getting abuse from the stands but their reaction to the equaliser inflamed the whole thing to another level with a multitude of GIRFUY's and Kennedy himself jumping on the stand wall to gesture at the crowd behind (it may possibly have been aimed as much at his own Directors, but it was out of order either way).

When Stranraer took the lead again, grown men were charging yards along the stand to bang on the dugout and abuse the EK coaches which they shouldn't be doing of course but the EK coaches brought it on themselves and Stranraer should have been ready for that and had Safety staff there. When the 3rd goal finished it in hindsight Napier should maybe just have blown the final whistle. It was already the 121st minute. Playing on led to a stramash right in fronto of the EK dugout which led to staff from both clubs piling onto the pitch and a lot of pushing shoving, etc. Referee Craig Napier shoved Lewis Spence away from a confrontation and Spence swung a blow at him (didn't connect). I'm not sure what the chubby EK coach did to get red carded, you had to have eyes everywhere at that point to see what was happening. Scott Robertson was having to be restrained by Stranraer staff from going for someone on the EK bench (may have been the same guy).

Hilariously bonkers but entirely foreseeable and should have been better dealt with by, well, pretty much everyone really. I thought Craig Napier had a really good game in a fixture that was simmering throughout but he could have dealt with the incident at the end better.

Very reminiscent of the Cove Rangers heids-gone when Cowdenbeath beat them in the play-off a few years back. Clubs trying to buy success being over-sensitive about abuse for it and having an excessive sense of entitlement? 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

DcqnKHeXUAADOdX.jpg

7 minutes ago, GordonS said:

This is the right take IMO. I want their model to fail, I want their backers to fail, but their fans here are better than most.

I didn't have a problem with them winning the Lowland League before. Yes they were spending a lot, but as a new club going straight to tier 5, they needed the investment.

It's the Darvel 2.0 mentality where sweep up as many players as possible, acting like the big dicks, then go crying to the Daily Record whenever something doesn't go their way that has been hard to stomach this season 

Kennedys tactic to just throw as much money as needed only works to an extent when you’re clearly not a very good manager. Genuinely how many players have they used this year? 

Thats him bottled a home play off with Darvel against Tranent and now this. Both very very funny. 

Well done Stranraer. 

1 minute ago, Spyro said:

I didn't have a problem with them winning the Lowland League before. Yes they were spending a lot, but as a new club going straight to tier 5, they needed the investment.

It's the Darvel 2.0 mentality where sweep up as many players as possible, acting like the big dicks, then go crying to the Daily Record whenever something doesn't go their way that has been hard to stomach this season 

Like touting himself for our job 😂

2 hours ago, AUcal said:

Give me the Brian Martin commentary of the last 5 minutes please. Inject it into my veins.

Mick Kennedy 

Your team has taken a helluva beating 

Lord Nelson, Winston Churchill… but appropriate for the occasion of course!

30 minutes ago, GallowayBlue said:

Indeed, all for people getting carried away (I certainly did with the goals) but I've never seen anything like that.

Then watching his interview after where he wishes Stranraer well etc. which would make you think there was a bit of class, but the mask slipped with that celebration.

I thought he was quite passive aggressive tbh. Thought at the end it was a wee dig at Stranraer for having such a poor season. 

1 hour ago, Vimto90 said:

Imagine getting riled over someone in a costume. Ta rid neck. 

Well done on staying up. Get it right up Mick Kennedy  

So it wasn’t real? 

Maybe the Stenny fans signing about Stranraer going down riled people a bit.

Who gives a cluck? 

2 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

So it wasn’t real? 

Maybe the Stenny fans signing about Stranraer going down riled people a bit.

Who gives a cluck? 

You've just stayed up against the most hated team in Scotland outside the Old Firm.

Why would anyone care about the game against us which was all in good fun? Why is it even on the radar?

Every single Stenhousemuir fan is delighted you stayed up and put those clowns in their bed I can assure you.

3 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

East Kilbride were Scottish football media’s darlings for the last couple of weeks, news paper articles, tv coverage etc.

Stranraer sat back and went out their usual business while the circus rolled on. 

We don’t have their millions, we don’t have 4000 supporters waiting to fill an imaginary stadium should we get promoted but, what we do have is some really good guys working tirelessly to keep this club going, guys that don’t deserve to see the club go down. 
I’m delighted for those that put in all the graft behind the scenes that we live to fight another day. 

Tick Tock

The only sad thing of today is the realisation that Mick and his useless cronies are going to get SPFL status anyway through the back door when Edinburgh don't achieve Bronze status.

It puts a slight downer on a fantastic day for football.

1 minute ago, Neilly said:

The only sad thing of today is the realisation that Mick and his useless cronies are going to get SPFL status anyway through the back door when Edinburgh don't achieve Bronze status.

It puts a slight downer on a fantastic day for football.

Will they? What are the rules now if a club drops out of the league?

Could probably find out, but instead I'll groundlessly speculate that it's still an invitational process and Brechin will win. Lol.