Clyde FC Season 24/25

I'm not too worried about tonights result. We made a lot of changes and they're playing guys like Alex Lowry and Leon King who are SPL players. 

Onto the real stuff on Saturday and hopefully another 3 points to continue our solid start to the league campaign.

Went along to this tonight, feelings about b teams aside, and don't feel too brutal minus the mental way to lose a game against 10 men. 

The Houston injury is wildly frustrating too. 

They had plenty first team experienced boys out there and dished out pumpings to Alloa etc in this comp last year. 

Edited by HaleyReinhart

This competition is a complete farce now so not losing any sleep over tonight’s result. Good to get 90 mins into a number of squad players. Actually thought Darren Hynes had a decent game at RB and should be able to slot in there no bother for Houston (hopefully his injury isn’t too bad).

Lowry was the main difference, his first goal was a cracker and he took advantage of us pushing up to score the winner.

We were passed off the park for most of the game tonight and when you don’t have the ball there not much you can do.  

3 or 4 of their players would walk into our first team 

2 classy finishes by lowry

suppose the only saving grace is it want the first team out there tonight

Used to be a decent little competition to give lower league clubs a chance of a day in the sun. As is the case with much of Scottish football, though, it's been ruined for the benefit of the two clubs who already have every advantage going.

So, not too arsed about going out. Would have been a bit demoralising if we'd got hammered, though, which we probably would have a year or two ago.

On to Stirling, a much more important game. Up the Bully Wee.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

32 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I'm not too worried about tonights result. We made a lot of changes and they're playing guys like Alex Lowry and Leon King who are SPL players. 

Onto the real stuff on Saturday and hopefully another 3 points to continue our solid start to the league campaign.

Amen.

The injury to Houston is frustrating but unfortunately until we can elect to avoid this competition, you run that risk. It was a poor tackle, the referee dealt with it, hopefully the Rangers player learns a lesson. 

I am entirely against B teams but the weirdo supporters of such things can highlight tonight as why they make a small amount of sense. Anyone watching the game tonight could tell the Rangers side had quality far beyond our level throughout (Lowry, Lovelace, Rice, King - even Devine played ten games for Motherwell last season), but a great deal of naivety at times. It's absolutely not embarrassing to lose that game playing a makeshift side ourselves. They were the better side and deserved to win; however, we definitely should have scored more than two goals so could have nicked it.

The third goal was, in fairness, definitely embarrassing. No idea what Kennedy was doing, and McKay seemed half asleep before that.

Tonight was more about players staking a claim than the team performance. For me, Hynes, Howie and Connell played themselves right into contention for Saturday. Leitch was terrific in his time on the pitch; such a frustrating player when you contrast with his invisible contribution on Saturday.

Redfern, Connolly, Docherty, Lyon and McKay (who can get away with one) drop down the list for me. As frustrating as Rennie is, I think we need to go with him and Scullion in wide areas for now.

There won't be a better goal than Lowry's first this season. An absolute belter. Similar to Rennie's against Stenny last year, sometimes a player just catches a shot in a way that looks different to other efforts on goal. Put that level of ability in someone with the heart of a Darren Hynes and you'd have a world beater.

Just now, moses1924 said:

Is there any news of a new ground for you guys, I know you were talking about a move back to Glasgow area, is that still on the cards?

A move back to Glasgow will no doubt happen at some point, but no formal news as yet since Crownpoint fell through. Negotiations ongoing with the council over one (unknown to me) site in particular.

The location suits me perfectly, and it's not a horrendous place to watch a game, but I can't wait to be out of Hamilton. To me it feels like we play 36 away games a season.

11 hours ago, David W said:

A move back to Glasgow will no doubt happen at some point, but no formal news as yet since Crownpoint fell through. Negotiations ongoing with the council over one (unknown to me) site in particular.

The location suits me perfectly, and it's not a horrendous place to watch a game, but I can't wait to be out of Hamilton. To me it feels like we play 36 away games a season.

Thanks @David Whope you guys get the new ground sooner rather than later

I would hope that if the unthinkable happens and Kinnear does pick up an injury we might just get an emergency loan?

Didn’t see Kennedy last night right enough as my B team boycott continues. 

Hopefully not something we don’t need to cope with. 

3 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

What happened to the thousands of fans they were meant to bring to B team matches?

I remember a rangers supporting friend of mine was harping on about this. One of the most deluded takes in Scottish football to think The ugly sisters B teams would bring any kind of support with them.

What old firm fan in their right mind is going to choose watching the B teams in the lowland league or this diddy cup on top of/instead of the first team in the SPL and Europe?! It’s not as if following rangers and celtic isn’t extremely pricey already.  

6 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I remember a rangers supporting friend of mine was harping on about this. One of the most deluded takes in Scottish football to think The ugly sisters B teams would bring any kind of support with them.

What old firm fan in their right mind is going to choose watching the B teams in the lowland league or this diddy cup on top of/instead of the first team in the SPL and Europe?! It’s not as if following rangers and celtic isn’t extremely pricey already.  

Rangers u21’s played at Broadwood for years during the 2000’s and they weren’t interested then.