Clyde FC Season 24/25

Murdoch looks a cut above, even from seeing him in a game which wasn't suited to him whatsoever. Grant was once again excellent alongside him. That's about it for the positives, other than Kinnear and the centre halves standing up well to their end of the aerial bombardment. Hamilton is an awkward solution at right-back and the sooner McCall makes his mind up between the three centre-backs, the better. Allan was worse than useless on the rare occasion he saw the ball, Rennie had a poor game by his standards and Redfern's end product was garbage.

I do think we will get there but that's been two listless performances in a row, so hopefully with a pair of relatively favourable home games coming up we can try to play with a bit more swagger and find some rhythm.

My view on central defence is that Lee Hamilton starts as CH every day of the week. Arguably best centre half in the league or even L1, I’d like to see him and McKay together, no harm to Howie who is obviously very decent but I think McKay’s physicality might give him the nod. 

My main point and repeating myself Hamilton starts at CH, beyond me why McCall is moving him around to RB?

15 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

My main point and repeating myself Hamilton starts at CH, beyond me why McCall is moving him around to RB?

The only reason I can think is that he’s more of a defender than Houston, and Forfar went with a decent left side of Matty Allan and Ross McLean. Maybe it was to counter that?

Disagree with it though, unless Houston was carrying a knock.

2 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

The only reason I can think is that he’s more of a defender than Houston, and Forfar went with a decent left side of Matty Allan and Ross McLean. Maybe it was to counter that?

Disagree with it though, unless Houston was carrying a knock.

Wasn't at the game but was surprised to see Houston named among the substitutes, would've thought him and Robson would be key to the way we want to play this season giving the width with our wingers being more inverted. Perhaps just managing his game time as had injury issues in the past and like you say possibly carrying a niggle given he wasn't involved at all against Thistle. 

Disappointing not to get off to a winning start but a point and a clean sheet at a venue we have a poor record at, will take it and move on.

I have being thinking about our team, for this season and I came up with what I personally think our best lineups would be. I understand every game is different although this is just my preferred lineup while we are trying to find out our best XI.

Within my lineups 3 players are not included - Ross Lyon, Darren Hynes, Robbie Leitch. If these 3 players can’t get in any of the lineups (as a good backup) then we should try and offload them in January.

IMG_4283.jpeg

IMG_4284.jpeg

19 hours ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

IMG_4284.jpeg

Honestly, I don't think Dunachie should be ahead of Connell in the striker pecking order. The games against Montrose and Forfar have shown that he still has a lot to work on. My mate called it when he said that for every game like Thistle, there will be four or five where he's basically ineffective and I'd tend to agree. I hope it's not the case as I'd love him to be an absolute revelation. I'm wary of too much pressure on him.

Fwiw, I actually think Connell and Allan would be a very good partnership - Connell's delivery is absolutely superb and he does a lot of the donkey work around the box.

Felt like against Montrose we resorted to long balls because Dunachie was there, he will definitely contribute across the season but he shouldn’t be ahead of Connell or Allan.

On 25/07/2024 at 14:14, FREDDYFRY said:

Regular updates of official Forum from Director though. 

Not very accurate or specific though - something IS afoot..........whether we have the required funds or not to A. purchase the site, or B redevelop the site is another question........good old JA leading the charge and sadly the negotiations, so it will most likely fail.

3 hours ago, Right turn Clyde said:

Not very accurate or specific though - something IS afoot..........whether we have the required funds or not to A. purchase the site, or B redevelop the site is another question........good old JA leading the charge and sadly the negotiations, so it will most likely fail.

What exactly is inaccurate about the updates? It’s been made clear that it’s an ongoing process and confidential details cannot be disclosed at this stage.

Please stop talking nonsense and trying to create trouble whether there is none to be found.  

45 minutes ago, Captain Sham said:

What exactly is inaccurate about the updates? It’s been made clear that it’s an ongoing process and confidential details cannot be disclosed at this stage.

Please stop talking nonsense and trying to create trouble whether there is none to be found.  

100% this…also, it’s  not JA that’s leading the negotiations. Again at least get fact right before talking nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Captain Sham said:

The info is vague....they could easily have said we have identified a target and we are in negations to purchase the site. Especially to supposed owners...there will be a name change thrown in before anyone cottons on that owners are not even close to being owners.

It's blind faith in the Board that got us to within minutes of the Lowland League - keep it up guys and don't question anything the Board do and anything cold happen.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Uncle Albert said:

Well first three points of the season, long may that continue!!!

Absolutely! Getting through the first two games unbeaten without conceding a goal is great. 

A couple of really lacklustre first half performances on Saturday there, Jordan Houston being the main culprit. I think he was fortunate to survive the half-time exodus. One bad game for him though, as I think he's been good so far. I don't think Robbie Leitch has what it takes to play in this team - for me he's been very unconvincing. Jordan Allan also wasn't great, but was suffering badly from a lack of service and being isolated. You seen in the second half that playing a more natural forward (Connell) in the 10 automatically drew the 10 closer to the centre forward. I'm not hitting the panic button with Allan yet, but I think if he doesn't score this weekend then it might be time to look for a different solution. With all that in mind I think my team for the coming weekend would be:

- Kinnear -

- Houston - Hamilton - McKay - Robson -

- Murdoch - Grant -

- Connelly - Connell - Scullion -

- Allan -

Edited by Brian Carrigan
Idiocy