Clyde FC Season 24/25

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

Dash it, somebody competent in charge of Clyde now who might get those players firing on all cylinders.

I was looking forward to a trip to Inverness next season too, now it may be trips to bloody Broomhill or Caley Braves.. 

Not with Connor ‘Goal Machine’ Young firing them in surely?

Just now, Clyde01 said:

Not with Connor ‘Goal Machine’ Young firing them in surely?

Aye, he's doing fine but we need a clone of Big Joe to stop goals going in at the other end! Hell, I was even nostalgic for Pat Scullion when watching our defeat at Bonnyrigg last Saturday... :(

Although Clyde are bottom of the league, (not much in it) I'm sure DY will soon have them back up the league sooner rather than later...

Still gutted things went the way they did in our last 8 games SPFL1 season which ultimately led to our relegation & his sacking...

A real hands on manager & passionate...don't know if he will bring Jamsie Creaney in with him, they are a great team together... 

Can be very stubborn & times & maybe a bit too loyal... but that's not always a bad thing or criticism as it worked in SPFL2....Not in SPFL1 

Great appointment for Clyde & wish him all the best, he will always be a Forthbank legend with us... 

Just need someone to keep an eye on the bevvy boys as DY gives them free reigns to party 🤣

Good luck guys 👍

16 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

Just need someone to keep an eye on the bevvy boys as DY gives them free reigns to party 🤣

Good luck guys 👍

No idea if he was on the bevvy but pal said he'd never seen Leitch move so fast in the Fubar 3 days before the Dumbarton away play off. McGeeks 30th birthday apparantly but still...

14 minutes ago, SA45 said:

No idea if he was on the bevvy but pal said he'd never seen Leitch move so fast in the Fubar 3 days before the Dumbarton away play off. McGeeks 30th birthday apparantly but still...

100% on it lol..... but yip that's life... everyone has moved on 

15 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

Although Clyde are bottom of the league, (not much in it) I'm sure DY will soon have them back up the league sooner rather than later...

Still gutted things went the way they did in our last 8 games SPFL1 season which ultimately led to our relegation & his sacking...

A real hands on manager & passionate...don't know if he will bring Jamsie Creaney in with him, they are a great team together... 

Can be very stubborn & times & maybe a bit too loyal... but that's not always a bad thing or criticism as it worked in SPFL2....Not in SPFL1 

Great appointment for Clyde & wish him all the best, he will always be a Forthbank legend with us... 

Good luck guys 👍

It wasn’t just the last 8 games, we were in free fall from the second quarter of the season when we only picked up 5 points. It was a 27 game decline and the club just went sleepwalking into L2

2 hours ago, AlbionMan said:

It wasn’t just the last 8 games, we were in free fall from the second quarter of the season when we only picked up 5 points. It was a 27 game decline and the club just went sleepwalking into L2

My point was with our run in we had it in our own hands for the last 8 games of the season..yet we had no fight or belief anymore...tried to be optimistic but we just rolled over & that was the biggest disappointment...no excuse for lack of effort, belief or desire 

28 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

My point was with our run in we had it in our own hands for the last 8 games of the season..yet we had no fight or belief anymore...tried to be optimistic but we just rolled over & that was the biggest disappointment...no excuse for lack of effort, belief or desire 

Aye it was a combination of factors. I personally didn't think there was a lack of effort in too many games. We were a complete embarrassment in games away to Falkirk and Hamilton but I think it ultimately came down to Young being far too loyal to certain players and lacking quality in various positions. We would still be in League 1 if we had someone who could finish. I'm sure Young will have learned from this and be a better manager for it. 

29 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

Aye it was a combination of factors. I personally didn't think there was a lack of effort in too many games. We were a complete embarrassment in games away to Falkirk and Hamilton but I think it ultimately came down to Young being far too loyal to certain players and lacking quality in various positions. We would still be in League 1 if we had someone who could finish. I'm sure Young will have learned from this and be a better manager for it. 

Absolutely 100% loyalty let him, the team & support down... biggest disappointment was the treatment of Ewan Wilson...DY's refusal to play him & persistence with Milne just to get him in the team as it was his signing..Hilson injured & lack of goals....Leitch starting every week even though he was garbage...it was a combination of everything...not forgetting Blair Currie's horror showing down at Annan...up at Cove..& at home to Alloa....

2 trips to Falkirk & Hamilton away cost us 20 goals conceded.... 0 scored..... tactics were woeful & again players just not good enough 

2 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

Absolutely 100% loyalty let him, the team & support down... biggest disappointment was the treatment of Ewan Wilson...DY's refusal to play him & persistence with Milne just to get him in the team as it was his signing..Hilson injured & lack of goals....Leitch starting every week even though he was garbage...it was a combination of everything...not forgetting Blair Currie's horror showing down at Annan...up at Cove..& at home to Alloa....

2 trips to Falkirk & Hamilton away cost us 20 goals conceded.... 0 scored..... tactics were woeful & again players just not good enough 

The Stirling tears are all very compelling, gentlemen. Bit shift along, would you?

Nothing of this recent history touches the sides of the last half-dozen Clyde managers and their eulogies; almost all of them have had a fairly political aspect to either their appointment, or to them not getting sacked at the right time. I'll settle for obvious red flags like results or tactics, for a nice change tbh.

Fair point BRFC but tbf they have flagged up the question of over-loyalty to non-performers and also the apparent failure to lift the players for a survival push. So if DY hasn't learned from that and we do find ourselves in that situation late in the season.........

Just now, Walk Glasgow said:

Fair point BRFC but tbf they have flagged up the question of over-loyalty to non-performers and also the apparent failure to lift the players for a survival push. So if DY hasn't learned from that and we do find ourselves in that situation late in the season.........

He has a history of taking teams up, then taking them down. I think you’ve a reasonable chance of the first coming this or next season. For whatever reason he doesn’t start with failure, that comes after success with his clubs.

25 minutes ago, AlbionMan said:

He has a history of taking teams up, then taking them down. I think you’ve a reasonable chance of the first coming this or next season. For whatever reason he doesn’t start with failure, that comes after success with his clubs.

fair summary. 

i think with a good squad at a low level, he's very good at increasing the confidence and enthusiasm levels. it's high tempo and looks fun to play. it's fun to watch as well. i expect the general atmosphere around the club will improve. you won't get relegated and you might even make the play offs this year. 

if you want a manager to improve an under achieving league 2 club, i can't think of a better one. 

1 hour ago, Ritchie McCusker said:

Kyle Connell back in training and potebtially available for Elgin. Coincidence or was there a fall-out with McCall I wonder.

The jaded cynic in me thinks the injury talk is a load of shite. He was subbed off in the pumping at East Fife and in the stand for the following game but not seen since, with his absence never mentioned. The situation reeks of a fall out.

Either way, it'll be very good to have him back. Without setting the heather alight it's clear his long throw and general delivery will be really important going forward. I thought he was the most likely candidate to play as that no. 10 before he dropped out.

Edited by Brian Carrigan

I watched McCall’s first game in charge almost a year ago as East Fife romped to a 4-0 win at NDP, and thought if he could keep that team in SPFL he must be a miracle worker. Surprised it turned sour so quickly.

DY is a decent manager at this level, but at both East Fife and Stirling things tailed off pretty dramatically after decent start to his time in charge.

He had Kyle Connell at East Fife, so will know how to get the best out of him. Seemed to be youngster with promise.

6 hours ago, Walk Glasgow said:

Reading the other platforms, tbh i think our fans are unbelievably delusional where disaster is concerned. It's as if 2016/17 didn't happen, with probably a side equal to the current one on paper- always "next week, next week", until it gets too late....it happened the last two seasons, too. I really don't know why relegation isn't seen as an avoidable iceberg, instead of this mystical, angel of death quality it holds. I think, this time, the club has acted in much better time,and with a slice of good fortune that the gap isn't ridiculous again.

6 hours ago, AlbionMan said:

Has he been backed? I don't mean just £££. If you're going up, surely the aim is to keep going- not easy, and obviously doesn't just happen, a proper infrastructure in place, being able to target the right players etc. He got 6th with Rovers, then left- that's an incredible position for AR. They obviously fell away, because nothing was under it. 

My initial fear is he hasn't worked at a cluh in such a mess as Clyde. We're an absolute state, tbh. Let's crawl before anything else.