Next debutant in Europe?

8 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I doubt it will be Ayr United as they are absolutely shite.

Lol.

1970. Kilmarnock 2 Coleraine 3. Agg. 3-4. After being 2-0 up.

2019. Kilmarnock 0 Connah's Quay Nomads 2. Agg. 2-3.

Embarrassing Scottish football. 

10 hours ago, craigkillie said:

If a team can win the League Cup, they can win the Scottish Cup, I don't think one is really any harder than the other for any half-decent full-time team.

Scottish Cup is arguably easier to win for lower ranked teams as none of the draws are seeded.

33 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

Lol.

1970. Kilmarnock 2 Coleraine 3. Agg. 3-4. After being 2-0 up.

2019. Kilmarnock 0 Connah's Quay Nomads 2. Agg. 2-3.

Embarrassing Scottish football. 

Not as embarrassing as Partick Thistle or Ayr United though I’m sure you would agree.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

These are remarkable stats for a club whose fans feel have always been the third force in Scottish football. Maybe they haven't been, after all.

R.5967afe604a3fae956e3f10a709d5b7d?rik=2KaXApEvV7Veww&riu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.quickmeme.com%2Fimg%2F02%2F02660565b0f083b4b5ea6d21007d89b61fbf17b10cb18be2a79f55c4803b3d2d.jpg&ehk=wmRRm9FJn1KGDjtIxa67UXilAlHFqSbPZHR4BwBGt9w%3D&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

It'll be just shitey super funded experimental team that has a Gretna-esque rise from the Highland/Lowland league before it'll be Hamilton or Ayr tbh.

Let us never speak of the Gretna thing again.  Don't want to give old Cosgrove a meltdown.

37 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Not as embarrassing as Partick Thistle or Ayr United though I’m sure you would agree.

1963 - Partick Thistle 3 - Glentoran 0.

Glentoran 1 - Partick Thistle 4

Agg 7-1.

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

Thistle haven't had the embarrassing results you have had in Europe. Lol

2 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

You've just had to settle for embarrassing results in the lower leagues instead.

2 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Embarassing is being playoff cannon fodder season after season.

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

1963 - Partick Thistle 3 - Glentoran 0.

Glentoran 1 - Partick Thistle 4

Agg 7-1.

I didn’t mean in Europe I just mean embarrassing overall.

16 hours ago, RawB93 said:

And if they can win the Scottish cup, they can win the lynx mark 8 helicopter, a Pacific 24 sea boat a 4 and a half inch naval gun, a Samson radar system or a type 45 destroyer and when you can win all that; you’ll be a Royal Navy engineer.

A four and a half inch gun…that’s no goin to do much damage to a navy ship. I mean have you seen the size of some them? Fuckin massive.

3 minutes ago, NFL12 said:

A four and a half inch gun…that’s no goin to do much damage to a navy ship. I mean have you seen the size of some them? Fuckin massive.

Reminds me of this..

CohwKn6VMAAux_o.jpg

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, bennett said:

Reminds me of this..

CohwKn6VMAAux_o.jpg

Nae wonder Putin isnae afraid us. Unless they are laser guns or something.

Edited by NFL12

23 hours ago, BFTD said:

Here's the existing overall record, according to Wiki, which might help. By my calculations, there should be 23 clubs there if you include Clyde, as they've amalgamated two clumpanies into one.

If we're not counting Airdrieoneans v2 as another club, the most likely answer is probably one of the clubs that are new to the SPFL, or whoever finds a sugar daddy. Nobody's getting a brief European fling for winning the League Cup/losing the Scottish Cup final to Celtgers anymore. We may well not see another European debutante in our lifetimes.

image.png.517d39a6ea6cc281b1b74e2e0f1e6e29.png

Edit: 24 if Jacksgranda's right about Third Lanark.

From the points/game table it's clear that we should guarantee spots for Dunfermline, then Celtic then Dundee United purely to conserve our co-efficient.

20 minutes ago, Alan_G said:

From the points/game table it's clear that we should guarantee spots for Dunfermline, then Celtic then Dundee United purely to conserve our co-efficient.

Delighted to see Falkirk riding high at the top of the Scottish European Performance Charts. Just the cherry on the cake of their season.

That's very Scotland, though - our joint-best performing club in Europe only played one tie and were eliminated by the champions of Liechtenstein.

1 Scottish City has had two European Cup semi-finalists 

The home of Scottish football, Glasgow? 

No, it's that oft ignored by Scottish football journalists city, Dundee. And they should have had a finalist if it wasn't for cheating. 

Posted (edited)

Used to be a decent quiz question to catch people out, down here at least, "which is the only British city to have had two European Cup Semi-Finalists?". London and Manchester have spoiled it in recent years, though.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

3 hours ago, tamthebam said:

1 Scottish City has had two European Cup semi-finalists 

The home of Scottish football, Glasgow? 

No, it's that oft ignored by Scottish football journalists city, Dundee. And they should have had a finalist if it wasn't for cheating. 

2 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Used to be a decent quiz question to catch people out, down here at least, "which is the only British city to have had two European Cup Semi-Finalists?". London and Manchester have spoiled it in recent years, though.

Glasgow has two European Cup semi-finalists too though? Rangers did it in 1959/60 and Celtic four times (obviously in 1966/67 but also in 1969/70, 1971/72 and 1973/74).