General Election 2024

Leadsom saying that people are sick of the Tories being too left wing and that they voted Reform because they were more normal.

3 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Aye I'd be shocked if it didn't. 

Likewise Cowdenbeath, Neale Hanvey was elected as SNP, he's now Alba and the SNP obviously have another candidate, that'll split the vote and Labour will pick up the seat. 

Not a chance Neale Hanvey is keeping his seat. Might be lucky to keep his deposit.

3 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The Blyth returning officer came straight from Ascot.

Definitely not made in the Royal Navy. 

If Reform took this number of votes from the Tories in the south, the Tories would be on the verge of extinction. 

Just now, ICTChris said:

Leadsom saying that people are sick of the Tories being too left wing and that they voted Reform because they were more normal.

John Curtice said that Reform gains were mostly in Leave voting areas.

No surprise that those thickos flipped to their hero Farage.

Posted (edited)

I worked in Sunderland for a couple of months in Jan/Feb 2020... just as brexit was kicking in and immediately before covid.

It was a bit of an eye opener. People wearing poppies and taxis with pictures of Spitfires and Lest We Forget emblazoned across the side.

I'm not surprised at all at Reform getting a lot of votes there. 

Edited by tongue_tied_danny

1 minute ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I worked in Sunderland for a couple of months on Jan/Feb 2020... just as brexit was kicking in and immediately before covid.

It was a bit of an eye opener. People wearing poppies and taxis with pictures of Spitfires and Lest We Forget emblazoned across the side.

I'm not surprised at all at Reform getting a lot of votes there. 

They may have been rangers fans

Why has Sturgeon agreed to do this show? Sitting there like a lemon while her party gets annihilated, with a major factor being her problems with criminal investigations.

Many politicians and leaders are egoists to an extent but she is one of the worst.

Posted (edited)

The SNP getting their just deserts.

Will the left realise insufferable culture wars and ambulance chasing isn't the way to success? Or will they double down?

If we ever want independence, then you need votes from across the entire political spectrum. Don't do that - don't get over 50% and therefore independence, ever.

A period in opposition is badly needed, along with all the old faces that have been stinking the place out being put out to pasture, and hopefully some fresh leadership with charisma and the balls to realise the above.

Perhaps... a look across the North Sea at Denmark's centre-left.

Edited by Elixir

According to Sky, my seat is close, but Labour have the slight chance of stealing it from the Tories.  The SNP are seemingly nowhere.  I think I've voted unwisely despite trying to research what made tactical sense.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I missed him, what did he say?

He said Reform is underperforming their polling and that the 13 in the exit poll might be too high. 

Edited by Michael W

Just now, Michael W said:

He said Reform is underperforming their polling and that the 13 in the exit poll might be too high. 

Good to hear.

Just now, Jambomo said:

STV already getting in the “Means people don’t want independence” any more.

Inevitable.