General Election 2024 Predictions

General Election 2024 Predictions  

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 04/07/24 at 21:00

5 minutes ago, GordonS said:

It's not remotely important there's any cohesion in constituency boundaries anyway, they're not like local authorities. 

If there's no need for cohesion then there's no need for consistencies at all, if so bring on full PR. 

The first election I voted in was 1992. 

John Major won that one after Kinnock f*cked it up. The streets of Edinburgh were very quiet the day after as people couldn't believe the Tories had won. 

Rule out the Tories at your peril. 

5 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

John Major won that one after Kinnock f*cked it up. The streets of Edinburgh were very quiet the day after as people couldn't believe the Tories had won. 

It wasn't expected to be a heavy defeat though, and I remember the polls had been narrowing beforehand.

The big problem for Labour there seemed to be a combination of the press coming down firmly on the Conservatives' side, and Labour making an embarrassment of themselves. Announcing yourself as "The next Prime Minister of the UK" tends to make the UK think, "oh really?"

Spoiler

c9a75a3e-fb64-11e9-837f-79f312a00fbd.jpg

23 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

If there's no need for cohesion then there's no need for consistencies at all, if so bring on full PR. 

Agreed, at least to some extent. I don't know if I'd like the single national list system used by countries like the Netherlands, our regional system works pretty well.

I think the value of local constituency MPs is overrated. That "write to your MP" campaigning thing is redundant when you know for sure that your MP will vote the way you want anyway, and I'd hate to have to go to an utter monster for personal cases.

Even although I am not keen on Labour I think they will win the most seats both North and South of the border. 

I cartainly hope this is what happens as we need a change in both WM and Holyrood imo. 

Both the SNP and Conservatives are awful. They have both had far to long in power.

Labour might be as bad as both of them but I think they should have a chance. 

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Just don't watch the longer 3 min video, it the most cringe worthy political rally in UK History.

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I voted to predict a Tory landslide, in protest at the lack of options above.

4x3wxsxtxan71.jpg

Ah p1sh, I posted in the wrong thread (was meant to be the Who Are You Voting For? one).

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Highlandmagar said:

I must hold my hands up. I am one. I fucked by pressing the one wrong. Mea Culpa.

Can you be trusted with using a pencil to put a cross in a box on 04/07, or do you need a proxy vote?

Edited by MEADOWXI

11 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Can you be trusted with using a pencil to put a cross in a box on 04/07, or do you need a proxy vote?

Nope perfectly capable of spoiling my paper.

48 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I voted to predict a Tory landslide, in protest at the lack of options above.

4x3wxsxtxan71.jpg

That would be so horrifying that I almost hope it happens just so I can feel something again.

2 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

I predict the sturgeon investigation will suddenly pick up pace in the coming weeks 

I'm picturing Police Scotland spilling their cuppas and getting their feet off their desks when the news came through yesterday - got to get this back in the news in a single month rather than 5 or 6!

2 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

Just don't watch the longer 3 min video, it the most cringe worthy political rally in UK History.

It's a persistent myth that he said "We're alright", as that video is titled. He said "Well alright", like he was at a rock concert.

I don't understand people who would change their vote based on something like that. "Well, I like his policies on employment, public services and taxation, and the Tories have destroyed industrial communities for 13 years, but I'm going to vote for them anyway because he shouted 'Well alright'".