Daft Wee Things You Do

To the McDonald's fries first eaters....

How do you scoop up all the stuff that falls out your bun if you don't have a 2-chip pincer to scrape it up and finish your meal? I always make sure I have enough chips to clear up the mess before necking the last bit of my Big Mac

Posted (edited)

not got much by way of OCD, but when I'm eating the first mouthful of food is always, always chewed with the right side of my mouth. Then the second bite is with the left, then the next bite is with my right, etc. etc. etc. and the final bite always has to be with the right side. Occasionally have to adjust my final two mouthfuls of food accordingly to ensure that the last bite doesn't fall on the left side.

Bizarrely I actually reckon it's had a minor health benefit, less strain on specific teeth through the years. I think it started in primary school, about the same time I'd grab those wee sachets of salt and pour them on mouth ulcers to cleanse them to death, relishing the pain.

I am a strange, strange man having been a strange, strange child tbf.

edit: pouring milk into a cup of coffee before adding the boiling water from the kettle, too. So clean, empty mug, *then* add a spoonful of coffee, *then* pour in a bit of milk, *then* add the boiling water and *then* stir well; anyone else I know adds the milk last. I am convinced it tastes better, no clue if its psychological or genuinely makes it less bitter.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

2 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

edit: pouring milk into a cup of coffee before adding the boiling water from the kettle, too. So clean, empty mug, *then* add a spoonful of coffee, *then* pour in a bit of milk, *then* add the boiling water and *then* stir well; anyone else I know adds the milk last. I am convinced it tastes better, no clue if its psychological or genuinely makes it less bitter.

You mean the CORRECT way?

I hope it's the dark Douwe Egberts too... 

Only ever have volume on the TV set to good numbers. 21, 27, 30, 38, 48, 50 or 53.

Fortunately for my neighbours, East Fife stopped winning trophies and stuff after 1953.

20 hours ago, pozbaird said:

There’s a few of the song lyrics ones I do too….

’Giant steps are what you take, walking in Dunoon’

Once you replace Whole of the Moon with Whole of Dunoon one time, you never go back.

Just now, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Once you replace Whole of the Moon with Whole of Dunoon one time, you never go back.

Pink Floyd ‘The Dark Side of Dunoon’. Yeah, you can’t go back. 😀

McDonalds - eating fries first ✅

Making a triangle out of crisp pokes ✅

Spending an inordinate amount of time on an anonymous Scottish football forum ✅

Saluting magpies - no, I have no idea either ✅

Eating around a Jaffa Cake until your left with the smashing orangey bit ✅

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Saluting magpies - no, I have no idea either ✅

I end up saying "Hello Mr/Mrs [insert type of animal]" whenever any form of wild animal is in close proximity.

Additionally, RE the McDonald's thing thing (fries first with me too, because I'd rather finish on the burger*), I very rarely mix different foods on my plate.  For example, only once I finish the haggis will I move onto either the neeps or tatties. Same with Sunday roasts.  Rice/naan with a curry is an obvious exception.

*waits for it...  😒

Edited by Hedgecutter

20 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I say "Echo, shut the f*** up" simply cause it entertains me that it actually works.

You'll be first up against the wall when the machines take over.

Posted (edited)

One of life’s great pleasures… you’re on your lonesome, and open a tin of Heinz tomato soup that has a ring-pull lid, and you lick the underside of the lid clean of soup before disposing of it. Then, you add a splash of milk to the tin, slosh it around a wee bit, and when you pour the contents to the saucepan of soup, do it by turning the can around as you pour - trying to dislodge as much of the soup hiding under the top edge of the tin as possible without using a spoon or other utensil. Then, you have a saucepan of tomato soup with a lighter coloured ‘slightly milky extra bit’ in the middle. Swoosh it around with a wooden spoon, heat up the soup, chuck big chunks of bread into the pan, and wolf down the entire thing yourself… the big, tomato soup-soaked chunks of bread being a particular delight at the end.

Just me? 😜

Edited by pozbaird

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

One of life’s great pleasures… you’re on your lonesome, and open a tin of Heinz tomato soup that has a ring-pull lid, and you lick the underside of the lid clean of soup before disposing of it. Then, you add a splash of milk to the tin, slosh it around a wee bit, and when you pour the contents to the saucepan of soup, do it by turning the can around as you pour - trying to dislodge as much of the soup hiding under the top edge of the tin as possible without using a spoon or other utensil. Then, you have a saucepan of tomato soup with a lighter coloured ‘slightly milky extra bit’ in the middle. Swoosh it around with a wooden spoon, heat up the soup, chuck big chunks of bread into the pan, and wolf down the entire thing yourself… the big, tomato soup-soaked chunks of bread being a particular delight at the end.

Just me? 😜

Err......no. I also do this with tins of chopped tomatoes when making soup or pasta sauce.

13 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

When I'm about to leave the house, I put my jacket on, put my wallet and change in the right pocked, put my phone in the left pocket, then take the coat off. :unsure2:

I do a weird memory-jogger once I've locked the door, which I progressively need to make weirder and weirder.

An hour later: "sh1t, did I lock the front door?!  Oh aye, I went and touched the car tyres straight afterwards, glad I did that".