Lockdown Memories. We can laugh about it now

Seriously, who was calling the polis on Elvis. Totally uncalled for. Probably got furloughed from the chippy too.

I think I got six weeks off work in total, and had a great time with the wean. Being a parent must be magic when you're independently wealthy. We started going out for walks in the area and discovered quite a few really nice places to explore. I wasn't earning enough to benefit financially in the same way that some people did, but I did get that £500 the government eventually gave to essential workers, although somehow it only ended up being about £150, from what I recall  :huh:

A couple of shops got raided in Alloa within the first couple of days of lockdown, but I understand that a few heads were cracked and the problem seemed to disappear, so that was quite a cheery thought. Also, nobody in the area was doing that pathetic NHS clapping thing, which has aged about as well as predicted.

Both lockdowns were fucking shite and nearly resulted in me having a nervous breakdown. Put on five stone in weight and I still haven't recovered, either mentally or physically.

I would love to say I can laugh at it now but really it's just frustration at the whole thing.

22 minutes ago, BFTD said:

but I did get that £500 the government eventually gave to essential workers, although somehow it only ended up being about £150, from what I recall  :huh:

I had to work the whole time and got absolutely sod all apart from forced overtime for it... 

Furloughed on full pay for nearly a year. Went to Spain on my own and had the best holiday ever.  Restaurants, castles, palaces where I was the only one there. No hordes of people doing annoying people things. I'd be quite happy to see more pandemics tbqh 

There was an argument in the Covid thread which lasted a good couple of pages and was about whether a plate of soup constituted a "substantial meal". 

Posted (edited)

Workmate of mine who was put into a company-paid hotel for 3 days quarantine before going offshore solved his case of boredom by sneaking in his wife and kids for free scran and satellite TV / Netflix etc.

Edited by Hedgecutter

A bizarre time for me. I got called up as a support worker in health and social care, which probably kept me sane.

Also never missed an East Fife game, travelling in empty trains and buses.

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

Furloughed on full pay for nearly a year. Went to Spain on my own and had the best holiday ever.  Restaurants, castles, palaces where I was the only one there. No hordes of people doing annoying people things. I'd be quite happy to see more pandemics tbqh 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/article/2024/may/25/another-pandemic-is-absolutely-inevitable-says-patrick-vallance-covid

Thick c***s out banging pots and pans saving the NHS. The same do gooder c***s thinking they were the covid gestapo grassing any man and their dug for suspected breaches of the rules

Posted (edited)

Working from home 3/4 of the time was new and great for me.

Home schooling while holding down said job is still not something I can laugh about. There was zero excuse for teachers not being on MST or Zoom with the kids for a few hours a day.

The shopping situation with respect to toilet roll, flour etc just showed society for what it is. 

There is no chance that people follow the rules of any future lockdowns. None. 

Edited by Nutz_the_Squirrel