Group D 🇵🇱🇳🇱🇦🇹🇨🇵

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The game being paused this long is giving Jenas a dangerous amount of time to speak.

I thought he made a fair point when he said that the keeper had to at least try and dive if they're suggesting he was impeded by Dumfries. 

Maignan never moved a muscle so there's nothing to suggest he would have saved it if Dumfries hadn't been there. 

Just now, Mr. Brightside said:

Nonsense as usual from the English officials.

And there’s a half dozen or so Scottish refs saying “Hold my Tennent’s”…

Just now, aidan-bufc said:

If the keeper actually made an attempt for that i’d understand but he’s never getting close to it 

Just now, Ron Aldo said:

I thought he made a fair point when he said that the keeper had to at least try and dive if they're suggesting he was impeded by Dumfries. 

Maignan never moved a muscle so there's nothing to suggest he would have saved it if Dumfries hadn't been there. 

I mean he clearly moves to the left so he's not exactly flat-footed. I doubt he's getting to it but I reckon if Dumfries wasn't there he'd have attempted the dive. 

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

If it takes this long you go with the onfield decision. 

The guy is standing right in front of the keeper and is offside.  It’s obvious why it wasn’t given.  

Except he wasn't standing in front of the keeper.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

I mean he clearly moves to the left so he's not exactly flat-footed. I doubt he's getting to it but I reckon if Dumfries wasn't there he'd have attempted the dive. 

Yup.  That last replay was the best one. 

Jenas is just a typical Nigel wanting England to win the thing the easiest way possible and not having to play any of the sides you’d expect them to lose to.  He’ll be wanting San Marino in the second round and the Isle of Man under 17s in the final.

2 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

Except he wasn't standing in front of the keeper.

He is standing in the way of where he would dive though, therefore interfering with the goalkeeper, from an offside position.

Shouldn't have taken so long to review the on field decision, but can understand it within the laws of the game.

Edited by AUcal

Onfield decision was given as offside, and there was no clear and obvious error to overturn by the current laws. So the correct decision. The problem is we will hear idiots like Jenas continue to whine.