2 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Did you watch the first 70 minutes with your eyes closed?

No, but I was still screaming at Declan Gallagher for being a shitebag, and seething about our constant shite long throws, so I appreciate my judgement may have been clouded

Ach well, notwithstanding the repeated pronouncements on the radio after the game that RANGERS DESERVED TO WIN, I didn't think there was anything in the game after we changed shape. They look a decent team if you stand off them but as soon as we went toe-to-toe it became a much more even affair. You can't argue with the results in the league thus far, but we've rarely looked convincing or in the control in any of those games. It's mostly been attritional stuff with us winning more headers than the opposition. Mostly effective, I suppose, but not something which I ever felt comfortable with.

The 433 looks much more like it and if we can compete with Rangers (albeit a pretty shite Rangers) in that shape then we should be able to go toe-to-toe with most teams in this division.

Edited by Pull My Strings

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

Ach well, notwithstanding the repeated pronouncements on the radio after the game that RANGERS DESERVED TO WIN, I didn't think there was anything in the game after we changed shape. They look a decent team if you stand off them but as soon as we went toe-to-toe it became a much more even affair. You can't argue with the results in the league thus far, but we've rarely looked convincing or in the control in any of those games. It's mostly been attritional stuff with us winning more headers than the opposition. Mostly effective, I suppose, but not something which I ever felt comfortable with.

The 433 looks much more like it and if we can compete with Rangers (albeit a pretty shite Rangers) in that shape then we should be able to go toe-to-toe with most teams in this division.

Completely agree. Can't help but feel we need Docherty to stay fit, or find a direct replacement for him. We were so much better when he was on

5 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Completely agree. Can't help but feel we need Docherty to stay fit, or find a direct replacement for him. We were so much better when he was on

Aye, he was good but I think that the game had already turned when we went to four at the back, whilst Holt was still on. 

Docherty is clearly good enough for this level, which is heartening. I like Van Der Sande, but for all that it's very hard to pinpoint what he's actually good at.

We'll be fine. Today was a disappointment, but that shows how far we've come.

7 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

I assume you meant to type “As mentioned above.”

Regardless of the above, Celtic are currently on a totally different level to all clubs in Scotland.  Celtic will win this league whether McCowan scores or not.  I would much prefer McCowan to be scoring goals for Celtic and thereby offering the opportunity for Dundee to earn more money.  I’m taking a logical approach.  You appear to be taking an emotional approach.  Each to their own.

As I previously said, perhaps you are also approaching this matter not worrying about your club’s finances given how rich Ogren is……

Pretty weird stance to take celebrating former players scoring for the old firm, total pub team mentality. Also, I'm no sure why Dundee would earn more money from him doing just that... 

1 minute ago, Butters Scotch said:

Pretty weird stance to take celebrating former players scoring for the old firm, total pub team mentality. Also, I'm no sure why Dundee would earn more money from him doing just that... 

Regarding the first sentence.  As I have already said everyone sees things differently.  

Regarding the highlighted sentence.  Surely I don’t have to explain that.  I can if you wish but I would have thought everyone else on here would understand.

5 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Regarding the first sentence.  As I have already said everyone sees things differently.  

Regarding the highlighted sentence.  Surely I don’t have to explain that.  I can if you wish but I would have thought everyone else on here would understand.

Can't see many people thinking as 'logically' as you tbh. 

Why would Dundee earn more money from him scoring, it really isn't obvious unless you are privvy to this deal Celtic agreed with Dundee? 

Edited by Butters Scotch

16 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Why would Dundee earn more money from him scoring, it really isn't obvious unless you are privvy to this deal Celtic agreed with Dundee? 

It has been well reported that Dundee have various add-ons as part of the deal.  Such add-ons are typically numbers of games played, sell on fee etc.

If McCowan scores numerous goals for Celtic this season and plays extremely well this season he is more likely to be played and ultimately more likely to be sold.  Each scenario, if the reports were accurate, would likely bring in extra income to Dundee.

I could of course just go with the crowd and bemoan that a player went to one of the OF clubs and hope he fails but that’s not how I look at things.

Like I said, each to their own.

Edited by Shadow Play

43 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

Why would Dundee earn more money from him scoring, doesn't seem that obvious unless you are privvy to this deal Celtic agreed with Dundee? 

It was widely reported as £1m + "performance related add ons".

Surely the second part makes it fairly obvious there will be rewards to Dundee if McCowan performs there?

3 hours ago, Gibby82 said:

Can we please remove these Butcher's Apron shaggers from the Shed next time. I really don't think it's worth 40 grand. I'm sure @Granny Danger would be happy to make up the shortfall. 

What's all that about handing your 'home end' over to the arse cheek?

You wouldn't do it for us, your neighbour, but you bend over for them and give them everything they want?

Whining and whinging about bigotry songs.

Maybe stop handing over your ground, you've got about 20,000 of a support after all.

Pathetic.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Aye, he was good but I think that the game had already turned when we went to four at the back, whilst Holt was still on. 

Don't agree the game turned prior to the Docherty introduction, Holt was like a fish out water in midfield and, to me, we always looked leaky when he was on the park. 

I'll concede four at the back made a difference, nonetheless folk saying we deserved a draw are off the mark given we had no clear attempts on target. To win or get back into games after falling behind, Goodwin needs to find some pace through the middle: apart from, potentially, Miller Thomson, who in the squad could provide that?

4 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

What's all that about handing your 'home end' over to the arse cheek?

You wouldn't do it for us, your neighbour, but you bend over for them and give them everything they want?

Whining and whinging about bigotry songs.

Maybe stop handing over your ground, you've got about 20,000 of a support after all.

Pathetic.

Thank you.

That’s what you get for calling us a vile club so suck it big gub.

Ta.

United will sell the Shed out for derbies however despite a good turnout today, they wont sell it out against the Old Firm mainly because a lot of people tend to stay away when the cheeks are in town. Id suggest its about maximising revenue, not exactly rocket science

Left field suggestion here but we've got an academy player who can finish and is faster than Moult, Dalby and VDS at least and another fairly pacey academy player in Miller Thomson. I'd like to see how they got on playing off the striker.

I'm hopeful that Goodwin has seen the light a bit in terms of changing things up.

On another note, bar some sort of catastrophic collapse can't see us being in too much danger this season, we might not hit heady heights but we could well be in the mix for top 6 which is above my own expectations for a season after coming up.