Scottish Cup 2024/25

On 04/10/2024 at 19:03, Groundhopping Adventures said:

Stranraer may not be as close to Castle Douglas as some of the central belters think but a rare Gallovidian derby on a Friday night sounds braw

Correct George Square is roughly 46 miles from the Castle in Edinburgh.

Stair Park to Meadow Park is approx 54 miles.

But, still a massive occasion for Gallovidia.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Quite a story about Threave Rovers player Charlie Watson who is playing on despite having stage 4 cancer: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c14lzn2d21ro 

Typical quality sports journalism, 'not missed training at Threave in over a year', strange considering young Charlie was at Star last season.

Broxburn fans will remember him as the scorer of that wonder goal just before half-time at the Islecroft in the playoff match.

An accomplished young footballer with an excellent onfield attitude.

1 hour ago, An Absolute Imposter said:

Typical quality sports journalism, 'not missed training at Threave in over a year', strange considering young Charlie was at Star last season.

Technically the quote is right: "Charlie Watson has not missed a training session with Threave Rovers in the last year..."

7 hours ago, Riviera711 said:

Is this a first? A match played in the Stewartry being broadcast live on TV. The only other likely candidate would be the Star but, if so, then my memory is failing me.

Yes, i think it will be.

Star have never had a match on live TV,  but am sure Rangers TV have shown B/Colts games live, whether they did against Dalbeattie in the Lowland, no idea.  Someone with a better knowledge of Rangers TV would know. Or maybe those blue nose gits i work with just wind me up!

50 minutes ago, Sermani said:

Yes, i think it will be.

Star have never had a match on live TV,  but am sure Rangers TV have shown B/Colts games live, whether they did against Dalbeattie in the Lowland, no idea.  Someone with a better knowledge of Rangers TV would know. Or maybe those blue nose gits i work with just wind me up!

Thanks for the reply. I will re-qualify my query by limiting it to non-inhouse club channels i.e. BBC, Sky etc.

I agree, I don't think we've had a live transmission from Kirkcudbrightshire but just wanted to make sure that I hadn't forgotten anything obvious!

(Of course, historically, Palmerston was a Kirkcudbrightshire stadium 😉).

Just now, Cosmic Joe said:

Obviously the eyes of Scottish football fans are on the Threave Rovers v Stranraer tie tonight.

Looking forward to this..

Love the interviews on these things. The Threave manager was asked, "How big is this game for the club?"

He replied, "Errrrm, massive!"

This Pogo guy seems to be a bit of a local celebrity. I'm pretty sure I had some dealing with him involving Scotland tickets back in the day - nothing tout related - and it must have been over 20 years ago. .