5. Montrose

6. Stenhousemuir

7. Dumbarton

8. Annan Athletic

——

9. Groundless Kelty Hearts

——

10. Arbroath

Seems pretty straighforward, we’re far too big to be in this league.

8 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

1. The Caley (Savage’s Shaggers)

——

2. Cove Rangers

3. Alloa Athletic

4. Queen of the South

——

5. Montrose

6. Stenhousemuir

7. Dumbarton

8. Annan Athletic

——

9. Groundless Kelty Hearts

——

10. Arbroath

1. Queens

2. Cove.

3. Arbroath 

4. Alloa.

5. The Caley (points deducted as skint)

6. Montrose 

7. Kelty

8. Dumbarton 

9. Stenhousemuir 

10. Annan

18 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Gonna be a real shitter for you in League 2 for 25/26 then 

Posted (edited)

Backed for 2nd in the first two posts is optimism not many Cove fans would have right now.

9 released/gone so far including a 20+ goal season striker, none in and a budget which is unknown.

We could be fishing in swampy puddles like last year and remember Hartley couldn't be trusted to come back with something alcoholic with 20 quid down the local off-licence. 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

1. Queens

2. Cove.

3. Arbroath 

4. Alloa.

5. The Caley (points deducted as skint)

6. Montrose 

7. Kelty

8. Dumbarton 

9. Stenhousemuir 

10. Annan

7 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Backed for 2nd in the first two posts is optimism not many Cove fans would have right now.

9 released/gone so far including a 20+ goal season striker, none in and a budget which is unknown.

We could be fishing in swampy puddles like last year and remember Hartley couldn't be trusted to come back with something alcoholic with 20 quid done the local off-licence. 

The one thing you will all learn, is do not under any circumstances get involved with threads which have been set up, by some Caley supporters, they will ruin it, you’ll wish Falkirk were still in this league, you have been warned 

Last season Stenhousemuir absolutely cigared L2 after a slow start so much so the they fell asleep before a Clyde game and drew every game thereafter. Very interesting that they might be tested in L1 and could surprise everyone. Stenny fans? Doubt there will be any room for complacency in L1.

Too early to pick but so far top could be Alloa, Stenhousemuir, Montrose and an improving Queen of the South. Dumbarton might be a decent side as well.

Time for the early season delusion…

1) Queens

2) Alloa

3) Arbroath

4) Montrose

5) Cove

6) Dumbarton

7) Inverness

8 ) Kelty Hearts

9) Stenhousemuir

10) Annan

Posted (edited)

Let's find out the ICT potential admin situation and if Kelty have sorted out their bronze issue before bothering to put something together.

Edited by Neilly

58 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

We could be fishing in swampy puddles like last year and remember Hartley couldn't be trusted to come back with something alcoholic with 20 quid down the local off-licence. 

I was speaking to someone at work about where Cove could end up this season and I basically came to the conclusion it could be anywhere in the league depending on signings.

My prediction for the season is that the usual suspects won’t be happy regardless of where we end up or what the club does.  They will do what you have done here (no offence on this btw) and start listing off the numbers of transfers etc.  Last season it was how many were signed this season it will be how many of those signed last season have gone even though last season they were saying how they shouldn’t have been signed in the first place.

In terms of overall league predictions, I am struggling to come to any logical order, the only one I can even think of is lazily sticking the previous L2 teams at the bottom.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Jo9 said:

I was speaking to someone at work about where Cove could end up this season and I basically came to the conclusion it could be anywhere in the league depending on signings.

My prediction for the season is that the usual suspects won’t be happy regardless of where we end up or what the club does.  They will do what you have done here (no offence on this btw) and start listing off the numbers of transfers etc.  Last season it was how many were signed this season it will be how many of those signed last season have gone even though last season they were saying how they shouldn’t have been signed in the first place.

In terms of overall league predictions, I am struggling to come to any logical order, the only one I can even think of is lazily sticking the previous L2 teams at the bottom.

I'm in agreement with the outgoings, sure would have liked to keep Rumarn but the 1 year deal was telling, he was here to shine and move on and so it turned out; wish him well. The recruitment last year was severely lacking, undeniable. Don't think Hartley utilised the squad in the best way and his loans in and out didn't work either.

I'd love to see the return of "ambitious" signings like Rory, Shay, Fyvie etc along with a strong NE/Grampian nucleus but fully aware that comes at a cost which is ultimately not sustainable right now. Let's see what the summer brings; remain optimistic and positive. 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

13 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

... and remember Hartley couldn't be trusted to come back with something alcoholic with 20 quid down the local off-licence. 

^^^ 😂😂😂

Take your first five picks ,swap them with the last five picks ,take the middle 5 jumble them up turn them around  swap even numbers with odd and there you have my prediction .

At this stage the big unknown is ICT - they could be everything and they could nothing, so that needs to unfold first.

Outside that the solid early bets have to be Alloa and Arbroath. Montrose will be Montrose and be decent. Cove too early to tell. Kelty and the promoted sides I don't know enough about although Stenny seemed to cruise last season so should be safe. Have to fear for Annan as being a season too far at this level.

As for a Queens renaissance? We're hopeful at this early stage but been let down too often recently. We need at least to be in the up playoffs.

Posted (edited)

Keeping well clear of this - I think plenty of teams look in decent shape including ourselves. I am also seriously unsure over plenty of teams including ourselves…

I think we’ve got a decent side but if the signings don’t improve on the likes of Liam Callaghan then I don’t think we will be troubling the top of the league. Our next 6/7 signings and in particular the keeper we get will produce a clearer picture. 

They’re are some players we have who I think are genuinely very very good L1 players like ToB, Scotty Stewart and Calum Gallagher and they’re backed up by some very reliable players like Steele, Hamilton, Gold, Dow and Reilly with a couple of guys who definitely have room for improvement like Inness Murray and Craig Slater. 

So basically I predict we will finish anywhere from 1st to 8th - I don’t think we will be in the bottom 2 places. 

Id fancy Annan for 10th spot and anyone for top spot now that Inverness are heading for administration. 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

At this stage the big unknown is ICT - they could be everything and they could nothing, so that needs to unfold first.

Outside that the solid early bets have to be Alloa and Arbroath. Montrose will be Montrose and be decent. Cove too early to tell. Kelty and the promoted sides I don't know enough about although Stenny seemed to cruise last season so should be safe. Have to fear for Annan as being a season too far at this level.

As for a Queens renaissance? We're hopeful at this early stage but been let down too often recently. We need at least to be in the up playoffs.

We have no idea about Kelty either at this point 😆 Only 4 confirmed still there including the gaffer.

Just now, leomessi1984 said:

We have no idea about Kelty either at this point 😆 Only 4 confirmed still there including the gaffer.

How do you think you would fare in a 5 a side league? 👀😂

But yeah it’s definitely still very very early days. 

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

How do you think you would fare in a 5 a side league? 👀😂

But yeah it’s definitely still very very early days. 

Tbf it'd be almost our best 5s team with Gourlay, Tids, Cunningham & Moore 😆