Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 vs Switzerland 🇨🇭

Jives Miguel

We're not a great team but thought we competed well enough in the 2nd half and even had a wee spell of pressure at the end.

We tested our luck a wee bit in spells but overall we did OK and at least we go into the final game with something to play for.

Will we do it?  I think getting a draw against this level of opposition is about what we are capable of but you never know.

1 minute ago, Forest_Fifer said:

Robertson bigging up Ralston...

As much as I think Ralston was / is shite - well done Andy Robertson. That’s what a Scotland captain should do - stick up for his team. I thought Robertson spoke very well, especially just after the whistle.

Point is fine but we really don't look threatening enough. Feel like I've been down this road before. Even if we manage to win, I fear GD will be our downfall. 

Much improved after Friday night however we did ride our luck a bit at times. 
Mctominay and Mcginn were like different players compared to Friday. Gilmour should be a nailed on starter going forward, he’s just so good at using the ball and keeping it. 

Ralston and McGregor were poor, I don’t only think Ralston shouldn’t be playing, he shouldn’t even be in the squad. However as someone else said he didn’t hide and you have to commend him for that. 

I’ve been a big Clarke fan as he’s the best manager in my lifetime being the first to qualify for a tournament I can remember (I was 2 in 98). However, waiting til 89 minutes for Christie and Shankland to come on is shocking and should’ve happened at least 10 minutes earlier. Not hooking Ralston either is baffling. 

Gutted Tierney looks to be out but McKenna looks ready made to step in going by his performance. 

Roll on Sunday and battering these Hungarians 

I’m not a huge Clarke fan, but that’s a decent result.

We looked like a circus outfit on Friday and to come back with a point is a perfectly acceptable result.

Defence got better as the game progressed, Gunn made some saves, we had a bit of possession and created some chances.

We know we’re a very limited team at either end of the park, Switzerland have far more dangerous attacking players.

Hungary are all but out, are the poorer team out of the other three, so going into the last game against them with a chance of qualifying is fine.

Much better.

Just now, Ned Nederlander said:

Rachel Corsie - straight into the w**k bank - full Scotland kit 😝

Every time you think of her, the image of David Moyes will pop in as well.

4 minutes ago, S7C said:

It’s better, but celebrating a draw and the commentary team begging for one since half time sums up our mentality.

Even Clarke at the end there telling them to calm down instead of going for the win.

I hope we can do it but we’re the poorest team at the tournament based on the games I’ve watched. Very, very negative and quite limited. We play football from the last century.

Aye, this Brazil '70 pish just isn't good enough in these modern times..........................

6 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

You’re as big a shitebag as Clarke. I was waiting patiently for your usual ‘fake goal celebration’ routine, and did it come? Did it f**k. Night ruined. 

I did it in the first few minutes.