Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 v 🇭🇺 Hungary

Scary Bear

2 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Armstrong was offside.

Morgan has to just take the foul when Hungary are breaking initially.

Normally, aye. But if he fouls at that point we’re not getting the ball back before the end of the game and the instruction was clearly to win it. Can understand the temptation to hope we win the ball back instead.

Just now, Ulises de la Cruz said:

Pen or not, we deserved f**k all from that. Gutless tactics from a gutless manager.

Yep, an absolutely cowardly way to go out. 

Just now, Savage Henry said:

Not sure I’d be sacking Clarke, but there’ll need to be a big turnover in players.  This current squad isn’t going to improve.  

I've mentioned this before but we are getting worse rather than better.

There are really no quality young players coming through except Lennon Miller and maybe one or two others.  Meanwhile all our top players are peak, or past peak.

Just now, KirkieRR said:

I'll be avoiding all media for the duration.

Someone please PM me when England are out and I can begin re-engaging with society.

They’ve looked almost as turgid as we have.  Let’s get them out and pretend the group stages never happened.  

1 minute ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The job where he took fucking west ham to a european trophy? West ham? Aye id take 3 time manager of the year David Moyes.

Why did he lose his job in that case?

4 minutes ago, s_dog said:

Except that we haven't qualified for any tournaments until Clarke came along. Yes he's been too negative tonight, but FFS how quickly can you forgot how much progress there's been under him from where we were?

Hes been negative the whole tournament though, no just tonight 

Clarke can get to f**k after that. His starting shape only works when you have Tierney to provide the additional overlap on the left. Without him, we were reduced to walking football, with the game in front of us.

A must win game, that we only tried to win in the last 10 mins. 

It wasnt lack of luck that put us out.

5 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

If we hadn’t been such shitebags for 80 minutes we maybe wouldn’t have had to have completely lost the run of the place throwing the kitchen sink at it for the last 10. Fucking mind blowing.

The manager gets a huge wage for his tactics as well.Waste most of the game doing nothing to kid on we went for it  at the end.Clarke and nearly every other Scottish manager are complete imposters.

Just now, eez-eh said:

Normally, aye. But if he fouls at that point we’re not getting the ball back before the end of the game and the instruction was clearly to win it. Can understand the temptation to hope we win the ball back instead.

We were never getting the ball back anyway. It was within the 99th minute. Morgan drags him down by the shirt gets a booking or even gets sent off, Hungary have a free kick on the half way line they take it and the ref blows the whistle.

Albeit there was no chance of going through on 2 points.

Just now, Clubberlang said:

Where was the high press creating chances we never done this once all tourney. When we did that against Spain and Holland we looked a right good team, Clarke has just lost the belief in the team

The press was so passive.  I actually thought Scotland played alright against Switzerland- who are  clearly better than Hungary - but tonight they were just so one dimensional.  

I've been pretty supportive of Steve Clarke and I'm not calling for him to be sacked but if he left I wouldn't be *too* disappointed.

Probably was a pen but you can't be relying on referees on 50/50 decisions especially in a must win game like that.  Clarke went too passive and played for a draw, hoping we'd nick something. Glad Hungary scored it just emphasised how wrong that approach actually was. 

I'd rather go for it, attacking, show some intent rather than play passive and ultimately its the same outcome. Shitbag approach imo.