24th out of 24

Lex

With the swashbuckling Georgian victory over Portugal sealing their progress to the last 16 and ending the group stages tonight, Scotland officially became the worst team at Euro 2024. 
If all 24 teams were put in a big league table Scotland would be 24th, with 1 point and a goal difference of -5. I think every nation at the tournament can take some positives from it, apart from us. Why did it go so badly wrong?
Nobody seriously expected Scotland to have a real impact in Germany, but going out with such a pathetic whimper, despite having a pretty kind draw, is hard to take.
Why are we being out performed by the likes of Georgia, Slovakia and Slovenia? What can we learn from these teams? 
I don’t think they have better players than we do, but their approach to the tournament has been the polar opposite of ours. 
These stats are from Sunday night so I can only assume we are 24th in shots taken now aswell. What a disgraceful showing, at both ends of the park. 

IMG_7946.jpeg

Just now, invergowrie arab said:

I was all for Clarke staying 3 days ago. We have been made to look a right c**t these last few days.

I genuinely thought Ferguson might be a breakout star at this tournament and then I realised he would have got 10 minutes v Hungary 

He's another defensive midfielder 

We've got tonnes of them 

You need creative players in football 

We can field a team of defensive midfielders and full backs with a bang average isolated striker we poached off another country 

2 minutes ago, Binos said:

We've got tonnes of them 

We can field a team of defensive midfielders and full backs with a bang average isolated striker we poached off another country 

Adams isn't a striker, he supports a striker. We played with 0 up front for 75 mins.

17 minutes ago, Binos said:

We've got tonnes of them 

Accept that he isn't a defensive midfielder you tit